Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
How badly would you love to see this Face Off:

Gattuso, Boateng, Sokratis, Ibra & Van Bommel

Vs.

Matrix, Chivu, Lucio, Pandev & Stankovic
Ibra can take on Matrix easy (already did in the 1st game)
Gattuso will destroy Stankovic
Chivu is not match for Van Bommel
neither is Pandev for Sokratis (although not sure if Papa should be considered in this bunch)
so they can all help Boateng on Lucio when they are done with theirs as that could be tricky

back to football and some good comments on Pato, from Cassano describing him as player with enormous quality who will become a great champion, while Allegri also tries to ease the pressure by saying that he is playing Pato as a 1st striker (if anybody had any doubts) and that this is different for him from last year when he was more of a right forward and that with all his injuries he did not get enough time to adapt back to the "new" role especially with a new teammate (Ibra). So he expects Pato to be like a huge Jan transfer for us (like Pirlo & all the other injured players). Good stuff in support of the Duck.

Last edited by LebRN; 05-02-2011 at 08:14.
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:47   #92
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I think we need the come back of players like Pirlo and Nesta who are leaders, but soft leaders, they will support the partner instead of criticizing him ... Ibra is very important for us, our most important player, but I don't want him to become our natural leader. So even Ambrosini is welcome, he has to come back as fast as possible too !!

With the "oldies" back and rotating, Ibra will have to shut up a little and focus on his play and only that ...

It's the way I see that. Our last team was completely new, the player who spent the most time in Milan was Abb who is not a leader, Oddo who is not a leader in Milan (and Ibra was upset because of his crosses), and then Antonini, Thiago and Flamini, none of them is a charismatic leader.

Some people might wonder why Robinho isn't really touched by the critics of Ibra on the pitch ... I think it's because Robinho has more experience, he played in dirty clubs (Real, Man City), and he probably doesn't care, focussing on his own game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
IMO Ibra should cool down a bit sometimes, Milan is a team and its not only him, though he has been very important for us.
Couldn´t agree more, guys.

I was about to post this subject here but was afraid to sound biased since I was against Ibra purchase. Not because of his talent(undeniable), but because of his abrasive personality.

All this said, I have no doubt that we would not be at the top without Ibra. But he need to stop with this antics and stop to throw up his arms at any play that the ball didn´t arrive at his feet. It´s annoying and disrespectful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebRN View Post
back to football and some good comments on Pato, from Cassano describing him as player with enormous quality who will become a great champion, while Allegri also tries to ease the pressure by saying that he is playing Pato as a 1st striker (if anybody had any doubts) and that this is different for him from last year when he was more of a right forward and that with all his injuries he did not get enough time to adapt back to the "new" role especially with a new teammate (Ibra). So he expects Pato to be like a huge Jan transfer for us (like Pirlo & all the other injured players). Good stuff in support of the Duck.
Great to hear about it, LebRN.

But Pato played all his life(but Leo´s tenure and some of Carlo´s time) as CF and is playing like that at Mano Menezes team. Indeed, I hope Allegri whatch Pato in Brazil NT. He´s playing at the last line, almost in off side and at that position he is being lethal.

Btw, props to Allegri to keep Pato as starter after his last bad game. It helps to rebuild his confidence.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 06-02-2011 at 09:55.
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:45   #93
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Btw, props to Allegri to keep Pato as starter after his last bad game. It helps to rebuild his confidence.
It helps and it was a good choice as Pato scored again (with an assist of Ibra) ... So for that, credit to Allegri !! Anyway, there is no competition right now between the three strikers and Cassano I think because despite an amazing debut with us, probably thanks to enthusiasm of joining us, Cassano seems to start to feel the weight of the 2 months without playing he spent before the holidays !! He needs time I think, and as a consequence, that gives time to Pato !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02   #94
kakacmilan best

kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
Dont forget that the attack for the CL game will be Pato Binho Ibra beacuse Cassano cant play so we need them to play toghter!
kakacmilan best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:23   #95
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
To speak quite bluntly, I think Ganso is a done deal. If and when that happens, He will be our ACM/Trequartista. We will play with 3 dynamic midfielders, possibly one of those being more of a CDM. We'll probably play a classic diamond formation. Then, Allegri will play Ibrahimovic & Pato up front. This will have Robinho coming off the bench as the first striker to come in. Cassano can be a vice-Ganso or 4th striker. He also may want to leave.

This is how I see it playing out. Then, we'll need a Left Back. This must be the priority of the summer, as without us realizing it, the LB position has truly hurt us more than we think. I don't want to make assumptions about Didac Vila, but if he's not starting and Bonera is, something is very very wrong here.

We'll release Seedorf and Jankulovski for sure, and I'd honestly only keep 2 out of 3 (Ambro, Rino, MvB)....then I'd even think about selling Flamini, who's all work and no product. He seems better fit for the EPL. With that money, which could be €15 knowing these current prices in England, we could go and buy Jucilei. Then we can have Ganso, Merkel, Strasser, Pirlo, Jucilei, Emmanuelson, Boateng, and 2 of (Ambro/Rino/MvB). That's good enough for me.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 14:37   #96
Brasileiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It helps and it was a good choice as Pato scored again (with an assist of Ibra) ... So for that, credit to Allegri !! Anyway, there is no competition right now between the three strikers and Cassano I think because despite an amazing debut with us, probably thanks to enthusiasm of joining us, Cassano seems to start to feel the weight of the 2 months without playing he spent before the holidays !! He needs time I think, and as a consequence, that gives time to Pato !!
C´mon, Geo!! We better find something to disagree!!!

I can not post often anymore, but as reader, I was surprise by the hype about Cassano´s performances here. I like him as a sub, but not on the starting 11. Imo, until we get a real #10, its Pato-Ibra up front with Robinho behind.

I just hope Nesta, Ambro or Pirlo clear things between Pato and Ibra. In my head they complement each other so well... Ibra loves to go left and right and hold the ball to create something and Pato is deadly(and love) playing like the young Ronaldo(R9) at the line of the opositon defense. They can be lethal, just needs to clear things...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 07-02-2011 at 14:45.
Old 07-02-2011, 15:35   #97
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Hey Brasileiro. Alot of rumours lately about Ganso going to Milan in the summer, apparently Galliani talked to all three parties who have the rights when he was in Brazil earlier. What are people saying in Brazil? Do you think there's something to this?
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 21:12   #98
Brasileiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Hey Brasileiro. Alot of rumours lately about Ganso going to Milan in the summer, apparently Galliani talked to all three parties who have the rights when he was in Brazil earlier. What are people saying in Brazil? Do you think there's something to this?
Christian, at first I was more worried because Ganso said in an interview that Inter was more interested in him than Santos. Plus, after Leonardo was appointed, they also got a guy that has all the doors open in Brazil. To have a Brazilian(well liked) coach also is a HUGE advantage.

But now we have our weapon, too. Robinho interview a few days ago about the way Milan(Mgt, teammates, fans) welcome him was great for us regarding Ganso. They were teammates at Santos(will be in Brazil NT) and are good friends. I have no doubt Robinho will tell him about the hell it was Real Madrid and the way they pick him as scapegoat for every defeat of that club. Will tell how important it is to be respected as a player/person in another country and how he found peace at Milan. In Spain, if you´re a Brazilian player and is playing poorly, press and fans automatically call you a party-lover. For them, every Brazilian player underperforming is a Bohemian, an unprofessional. There, they(Raul´s crew, press and fans) created this false image of Robinho(party-lover) that I always fought against here, calling it unfair and a lie... and I´m still waiting for the reports of Robinho out at every night club of Milan. Or him being a cancer in dressing room. All stupid rumors created by papers like As, Marca, Sport and Mundo Deportivo, that in these internet times are spread like a plague(and a true) around the world, and that unfortunately, nobody will be blamed for the crime of defame a person.

BIG RANT aside(sorry guys), what I hear here is that(until today) it is a 2 teams race(Milan and Inter), but with a third Club starting to be interested, too(Chelsea). I wanted to have the same confidence of Elmago, but I still didn´t watch a single video of Ganso saying he´s a Milan fan. Not saying he isn´t, but I will believe when I see it. Imo it´s a pretty open race right now, with a little advantage for us: Inter has Sneijder at the #10 role. With Ganso work rate and style, he can play alongside Sneijder, but will be hard for Leo to sell what Allegri can... a open space at #10.

P.S. Galliani talking with Ganso "3 owners" was a news that came from Italy after his quotes. Here it was only Galliani/Ronaldinho saga. But I hope it´s true...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 07-02-2011 at 21:15.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:28   #99
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Iturbe scored the winning goal against 10 man Brazil and knocked them out of the U20 World Cup. He's been in good form all tournament

That kid's special. Not a new Messi, but pretty damn good. Not better than Neymar, but worth keeping an eye on.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10   #100
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
nothing to do with the mercato but I think Silva makes interesting points here http://www.football-italia.net/feb08b.html
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38   #101
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
we're linked to Yann M'Vila of Rennes, a young midfielder being compared to Viera. News is on milannews and goal.com
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29   #102
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
How come Milan is not being link with Santacroce or Jucelei?

Personally, I think Galli made huge mistakes but signing MVB, Legro, Dilac and Emmuenlson in Winter, as they are all average players who just added depth instead of quality to the Milan squad.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54   #103
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Dani Alves has STILL not renewed his contract with Barcelona and it expires in 4 months.

Brazilian fullback (and Spanish passport I guess?), 28 years old, plays in one of the best teams we've seen, and free....

Galliani is already planning I bet. Both Alves and Bosingwa will be free next summer and both provide an incredible upgrade over Abate (even though he's been improving). Alves can take us to another level. 2 days ago I read a report saying we've already agreed terms with Bosingwa for the summer.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 14:01   #104
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Dani Alves has STILL not renewed his contract with Barcelona and it expires in 4 months.

Brazilian fullback (and Spanish passport I guess?), 28 years old, plays in one of the best teams we've seen, and free....

Galliani is already planning I bet. Both Alves and Bosingwa will be free next summer and both provide an incredible upgrade over Abate (even though he's been improving). Alves can take us to another level. 2 days ago I read a report saying we've already agreed terms with Bosingwa for the summer.
Erm, mate, Alves' contract expires in June 2012. Even if he sees it out, there's no way we can match the salary offered by clubs like City. He earns about € 3,5 million now and he wants to be on par with the likes of Messi and Xavi, which is around € 7,5 millions per annum. There'll be no transfer cost alright but on the other side of the coin, he's likely to ask for a big salary AND quite a long contract seeing that's probably his last chance of getting a lucrative deal. So, let's assume we match the salary he asked and the contract runs for 3 years. That's (7,5 salary + 7,5 tax) x 3 = € 45 million! Berlu wouldn't even pay a third of it for Cissokho. He's way better than Aly of course, but fact is, Berlu never wants to pay huge amount of money for a defender.

I'm not really sure about Bosingwa though. He only got his place on the starting line up since Alex got injured and Ivanovic took his place at CB. And all that time he shares it with Ferreira. I don't think he'll add much compare to Abate nowadays. But I'm afraid that next year Abate might turn out to be Antonini of this year, so since he comes free, I'll welcome him.
Old 08-02-2011, 15:59   #105
Filipéz 182

Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dutch and Belgian media linked us to Jan Vertonghen (24yo central defender playing for Ajax) in recent days. I also saw an intervieuw with him saying that nobody would reject Milan. he is an interesting option IMO;