AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 16-01-2011, 12:18   #1
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Milan Players' Contracts

We will be witnessing a revolution in the next few years mainly due to the lack of movement in the market for the past 3 years. Most of our squad will have their contracts expire and most are aging. It is time for a new era and a new team for the following decade.

Here's a list of our current players contract expiry dates and how much they are earning NET (so that means Milan is spending DOUBLE that amount if we consider taxes). I am not sure how accurate these numbers are but they don't seem to be that accurate. The ones that have a star on them is the ones that I personally think are incorrect:

Kaladze (4.6)
Inzaghi (3.5)
Jankulovski (4.7)* (think its 3.5)
Ambrosini (5.6)* (3.5)
Seedorf (7.9) (4.5)
Roma (0.7)
Amelia (1.8)
Boateng (2.8)
Pirlo (11.4m)* (100% wrong, think its 4.5)
Nesta (4)

Gattuso (6.1)* (4.5)
Flamini (4)
Zambrotta (1.3)
Oddo (1.5)
Onyewu (0.7)
Yepes (0.7)

Silva (2)
Bonera (1.5)
Abbiati (2)

Pato (1.75)
Ibrahimovic (8.5)
Robinho (5.3)
Abate (2.3)* (1)
Antonini (2.3)* (1)
Cassano (2.5)

[/b]2015[/b]
Papastathoupoulous (2)

HasanRosonero, Maltese_Charlie, Capo_ultra you guys may have more accurate information than I, so please correct me regarding the wages.

Watching this thread we can see who's contract get's expired and who doesnt, and it will give us an idea of what the management plans to do or who they plan to buy to replace them.

Last edited by Reza; 16-01-2011 at 15:42. Reason: Nesta added
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 13:15   #2
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
First of all, Thanks, Hitman, for starting this thread. It's VERY important in regards to our future Mercato's. (You forgot Nesta!!)

Secondly, We should all keep in mind of two things.
1. The AWFUL tax code that Italy currently has which makes Serie A unable to compete with the other European countries.
2. The new "FAIR PLAY" rule, in which teams cannot spend in wages more than what they bring in, in income (Man City)

Lastly, we will have a situation where Seedorf will be gone, and we will probably re-new Pirlo, but hopefully for 2-3 million Euros. The older guys who want 1 year extensions hopefully will settle for less to retire in Milan.

Also, younger guys from Primavera or Italians we sign (Merkel, Verdi, Strasser, Beretta, Lazzari, Criscito), won't demand more than €2 or €3 Million per year. However, Pato and T. Silva will ask for more than €5 Million per year, for sure. Hopefully it will all balance itself out.

I would like to see Ganso, Jucilei, Lazzari, Criscito/Coentrao, Merkel, Strasser, Beretta/Verdi, D. Luiz, Astori all in our team in the next 12-18 months. This will be tough to brin gin everyone, but this will make us ready to challenge for Scudetto, Coppa Italia AND Champions League for next 5-10 years!!!

I do realize, this thread is about our current players, though, so let the discussion begin on who we should pay, and how much.....
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 13:27   #3
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
First of all, Thanks, Hitman, for starting this thread.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Secondly, We should all keep in mind of two things.
1. The AWFUL tax code that Italy currently has which makes Serie A unable to compete with the other European countries.
As far as tax rate goes England no longer has an advantage (since 2009?). Spain I believe may change too, there were some articles during the last year saying the Spanish tax rate might change
Old 16-01-2011, 14:19   #4
hitmannq8

Reza can you please add nesta to the 2011 list, his wages I blieve are 4 m
Old 17-01-2011, 10:47   #5
Maltese Charlie

Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
+1

As far as tax rate goes England no longer has an advantage (since 2009?). Spain I believe may change too, there were some articles during the last year saying the Spanish tax rate might change
If I am not wrong Spain changed it already for the new contracts. Only the old contracts are with low tax.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 11:04   #6
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Great thread!

This is wages of our players for season 2010-2011 (gazetta). It is from other forum and similar with picture dru or someone else posted before. The difference is that in this pic there is no data of contract expiry.

The contract situation is listed in the following link: Contract Expiry (in the column named 'Im Team') . But I don't know the reliability of the information given there.

Last edited by Siregar; 17-01-2011 at 11:07.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:32   #7
Elmago99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
We will be witnessing a revolution in the next few years mainly due to the lack of movement in the market for the past 3 years. Most of our squad will have their contracts expire and most are aging. It is time for a new era and a new team for the following decade.

Here's a list of our current players contract expiry dates and how much they are earning NET (so that means Milan is spending DOUBLE that amount if we consider taxes). I am not sure how accurate these numbers are but they don't seem to be that accurate. The ones that have a star on them is the ones that I personally think are incorrect:

Kaladze (4.6)
Inzaghi (3.5)
Jankulovski (4.7)* (think its 3.5)
Ambrosini (5.6)* (3.5)
Seedorf (7.9) (4.5)
Roma (0.7)
Amelia (1.8)
Boateng (2.8)
Pirlo (11.4m)* (100% wrong, think its 4.5)
Nesta (4)

Gattuso (6.1)* (4.5)
Flamini (4)
Zambrotta (1.3)
Oddo (1.5)
Onyewu (0.7)
Yepes (0.7)

Silva (2)
Bonera (1.5)
Abbiati (2)

Pato (1.75)
Ibrahimovic (8.5)
Robinho (5.3)
Abate (2.3)* (1)
Antonini (2.3)* (1)
Cassano (2.5)

[/b]2015[/b]
Papastathoupoulous (2)

HasanRosonero, Maltese_Charlie, Capo_ultra you guys may have more accurate information than I, so please correct me regarding the wages.

Watching this thread we can see who's contract get's expired and who doesnt, and it will give us an idea of what the management plans to do or who they plan to buy to replace them.
From this list, I think following will be gone in 2011:

Seedorf (EPL or Retire): €4.5 Million wages
Kaladze (already gone): €4.6 Million wages
Jankulovski (retire or Czech): €3.5 Million wages
Van Bommel (Depends how he plays)
*Possibly Pirlo sold to Chelsea: €4.5 Million wages
* Possibly Bonera sold to anyone : €1.5 Million wages
* Possibly Ambrosini end of 2011 or 2012: €3.5 Million wages

Following may be gone in 2012:

Gattuso : €4.5 Million wages
Zambrotta : €1.3 Million wages
Oddo: €1.5 Million wages
Onyewu: €0.7 Million wages
Yepes : €0.7 Million wages
Nesta to Retirement: €4 Million wages
Old 28-01-2011, 09:41   #8
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Pirlo won't be sold (I think and hope), definetly not in 2011 and hopefully not in 2012, simply because his contract expires this summer, and Galliani surely won't let it run out. And he's surely not gonna be sold a couple of months after he signs a new contract.

Besides if Chelsea wanted Pirlo, and Pirlo wanted Chelsea then they'd already be negotiating.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:50   #9
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Pirlo won't be sold (I think and hope), definetly not in 2011 and hopefully not in 2012, simply because his contract expires this summer, and Galliani surely won't let it run out. And he's surely not gonna be sold a couple of months after he signs a new contract.

Besides if Chelsea wanted Pirlo, and Pirlo wanted Chelsea then they'd already be negotiating.
I agree. We still need Pirlo. He is much better the Seedorf in term of defending, chasing ball or tracking back.

I hope to see Pirlo playing with Merkel to support Ganso.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:17   #10
hitmannq8

Christian, it seems that Galliani is working primarily for the future, with the transfer market, and depending on what money is remaining, he THEN will give out contracts to the ones they think deserve it.

Personally, I think Seedorf, Jankulovski will be out for sure. I could see Flamini being sold as well, hopefully with Jucilei coming in. Pirlo and Ambrosini - I don't know, but I would not renew Ambrosini, and instead give Pirlo a new 2 year contract worth 2m a season. If he takes it, he takes it, if not... thank you for everything.

Inzaghi also should be given a new 1 contract with lower wages. He deserves it. I believe Nesta as well will renew for 2 years, hopefully we can lower his wages but I think Milan are worried he might go to Lazio so we might be forced to give him high wages.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:23   #11
Elmago99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Christian, it seems that Galliani is working primarily for the future, with the transfer market, and depending on what money is remaining, he THEN will give out contracts to the ones they think deserve it.

Personally, I think Seedorf, Jankulovski will be out for sure. I could see Flamini being sold as well, hopefully with Jucilei coming in. Pirlo and Ambrosini - I don't know, but I would not renew Ambrosini, and instead give Pirlo a new 2 year contract worth 2m a season. If he takes it, he takes it, if not... thank you for everything.

Inzaghi also should be given a new 1 contract with lower wages. He deserves it. I believe Nesta as well will renew for 2 years, hopefully we can lower his wages but I think Milan are worried he might go to Lazio so we might be forced to give him high wages.
I agree with everything you say except I'd re-sign Ambrosini & Pirlo (Ambro for 1 year, Pirlo for 1or2 years).. I think they still play well, as long as they don't play every single game as they had to last year. Ambrosini's presence in the locker room is important, he's the Captain, and he's played well this year. I'd certainly be ready to part ways with Pirlo/Ambro/Gattuso in 2012, but not this summer.

I hope we can find some new Italian Midfielders, but man o man, Italy just lacks talent these days which kills me

Last edited by Elmago99; 28-01-2011 at 12:29.