AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 25-12-2010, 01:31   #61
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
the only disadvantage of Inter getting Leo is that they will be in a better position to get the best young Brazilian talent. I rate Leo as a scout, he was the one that discovered Kaka and Pato for Milan and no doubt he will do the same at Inter. On the grand scale of things, I think they are making a big mistake...each new coach comes with a new mentality and a new philosophy to the game. What they need is constancy and refining of their winning formula instead of introducing sudden drastic changes.

I have a feeling that this is just a short term move by Inter to use Leo to lure some Brazilian talent, they will get rid of him long before the season ends. I don't expect him to succeed though, I have doubts about his ability\intelligence to use the likes of Sneider, Diego Milito and Eto optimally. As a coach he is the type that will try to create a system and adapt the players to the system, but in Inters case what is needed is a coach who adapts the system to the individual strength of the players they have.

Last edited by bijon; 25-12-2010 at 01:42.
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 03:43   #62
mihan

mihan is on a distinguished road
I kind of hope what bijon said comes to truth but still wish Leo good luck, that's how you support a coach but not his team.

It won't be fun seeing Leo win a derby or scudetto with them, if that won't happen, I'd stand and applaud him at San Siro.
mihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 03:53   #63
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Brasileiro as I said, it's nothing to do with Leo our ex-whatever becomes a coach in Merda. It's only about somebody becomes Merda's new coach. Period. If he happens to be our ex-manager, then it's only up to us if we want to bash him because of that, but that's not the main point.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 05:04   #64
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Don't know why you guys are hating Leo for this. It is a very good offer esp to someone who is unemployed. To those who said that he should work for a smaller club.... there is no turning back after you coach and manage clubs like Milan. It is like driving a Lambo for a year and then suddenly driving a 20yrs old Toyota. You can all hate him or call him a traitor.... but to me he just accepted a great offer. There might be a part of him that wants revenge on Berlu, but to me this is pure business, beside, he does has a family to feed.
Only hate someone if he has two offers and chooses Inter over Milan.
The bold part can't be used as a valid point: in one year in Milan, the guy had enough money to feed his family for an entire life ... And it's the same for all main leagues coaches, players, etc nowadays.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 06:39   #65
fLame

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Damn it .... I thought all these rumors are a bunch of bull crap.. I haven't expected something like this from Leonardo.. I guess his trying to prove a point to Berlusconi....

ffs Berlusconi, if you didn't like him as a coach, you should have at least preserved the rapport and kept him as a scout ... ffs ffs.

Regarding Inter, I actually think this is positive thing for us. It will take Inter a couple of games to adapt to the new coach - which means more lost points. Also, Leonardo lacks experience and will surely make some mistakes that will cost them even more points.

Maybe he went to Inter to sabotage them?
Old 25-12-2010, 08:22   #66
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Hahahahah .........

Now AC Milan can really teach that Huntelaar-Hater some lesson. It will be SOOOO enjoyable to see him on the losing side. Plus any hope of Inter beating Bayern are completely gone as well. A bigger loser than Rafa (as a coach).

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 09:46   #67
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Leo s gone. Its disappointing to know someone who has been around the club for such a long time and to have worked at so many different levels at the club to have left to Merda. But eitherways who cares. Merda are a bunch of fools to take up Leo as a coach. Its probably a ploy to just use him as a scout later on. And they just cant digest the fact that Ibra s doing so well with us. Losers.

Or maybe it could also be that Leo loves Milan so much that he wants to get into Merda and then take em to relegation..haha...i would love that.
Old 25-12-2010, 11:13   #68
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Leonardo Merda! Welcome to the craziest group of football, Merda Leo! Make often your comment showing that you can't directed by the club president! If you dare, make more brave comment than the comment made by Benitez "Sack me or back me". I am sure you can, Leo!!!

Leo is now officially a boxing coach!
Old 25-12-2010, 11:47   #69
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Wow!! Sad news... I wish Leo luck(not against us) and a huge defeat at the Derby. 4 x 0 would be great!!!

Thats said, maybe Iīm being corporatist(as someone who lived in the football environment), but after years of services at Milan(as a player, director, scout and coach) he was kicked out of the Club like a garbage bag and said nothing but great words about the Club. At least in all the interviews that I saw here... Even after the cheap shots that our strange owner launched at him.

Look, If he was a player leaving us for Inter, I could understand the fuss, but the guy now is a coach, for God sake!! Itīs not like he left us adrift and took a job at Inter, he was Humiliated and sacked by Milan. Now, to be a coach is the profession he chose and the guy has the right to accept any job imo.

If it was the Leonardo player leaving Milan for Inter, I could understand the fuss... but as a coach?!? And after all the abuse he received from Milan?!?! I know Iīm alone here, but I really donīt agree with this overreaction
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED:

Couldnīt agree more, Gabriel. Good to know Iīm not alone...
buddy merry x-mas but come on, what made u think milan treated leo like a garabe bag? galliani and berlusconi said in public that they don't wish leo to leave, i mean we all know that berlusconi is a jerk but he is the owner of this club and he is the reason behind our success. no one in italy can oppose him its well known. i can totally agree with you regarding him working again, but acting like a hypocrisy is something we are not used to see from leonardo as he said last october that he wont be working in italy soon because he is still feeling for milan and stuff and look what happened he went directly to the only place where his failure is a guarantee and i can assure you he lost all his milan fans, i understand he has to work and i really don't mind him at inter because he was not a tactical genius or a master motivator he was an ok coach and he needs to coach because thats what he does but if he has 1% love in his heart for our team he would wait after x-mes to be announced (just for the fans).

now he is calling milan staff to bring them to inter. let us hope he wants ronaldinho and antonini and he can offer us something good in return
Old 25-12-2010, 11:53   #70
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
disappointed in Leo's choice and as a Milanista it's painful. However, I respect and can understand his choice and wish him all the best.

That said, my wish for all the worst for Inter is stronger
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 12:04   #71
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
disappointed in Leo's choice and as a Milanista it's painful. However, I respect and can understand his choice and wish him all the best.

That said, my wish for all the worst for Inter is stronger

I second what Dev said
Old 25-12-2010, 12:14   #72
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
The bold part can't be used as a valid point: in one year in Milan, the guy had enough money to feed his family for an entire life ... And it's the same for all main leagues coaches, players, etc nowadays.
Their lifestyle is different than average people, mate.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 12:20   #73
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Their lifestyle is different than average people, mate.
he didn't take the job to feed his family.. he could feed them 10x over after his playing days, 20 x over after his scouting days, and 40x over after his 1 year coaching... he took the job because he wants to coach, and probably get back at Berlu as well...

I could care less..I'm focused only on Milan

Forza Milan
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 12:33   #74
fLame

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Also, I don't get all the fuss about us "losing all the Brazilian talents" since Leonardo moved over.

A good scout means a lot, but reputation means much more, and nothing can change that. Milan was always the most likely destination for Brazilians in Italy, while Inter has nothing to boast.

I am sure Brazilian NT starters like Robinho, Silva, Pato, Ronni can influence a players decision much more than Leonardo.
Old 25-12-2010, 16:16   #75
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well Ronnie is gone. I think those Brazilians talents has more to do with hidden gems than hype up players.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote