AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do we need a new coach?
No, Ancelotti is the best 16 34.04%
No, if Anchelotti wants to leave Mourinho 7 14.89%
No, if Anchelotti wants to leave Lippi 14 29.79%
Yes, Mourihno is the appropriate 7 14.89%
Yes, Lippi is the appropriate 8 17.02%
Yes, other is the appropriate 1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 17:05   #61
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Habemus Carlo...In Carlo we trust.

> Carlo

> Mancini
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11   #62
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Looks like Rijkaard will be free in the summer, hmmmm.
Rijkaard isn't a particularly great coach, I think he's overrated. Ten Caat was a massive influence at Barca during Rijkaard's successful years.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:12   #63
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
Rijkaard isn't a particularly great coach, I think he's overrated. Ten Caat was a massive influence at Barca during Rijkaard's successful years.
I really wonder what Ten Caat' role actually in Barca and Chelsea (now)? Like what are his tasks for example. Maybe anyone can explain it?
He seems to have big influence for Barca (couple years ago) and Chelsea (now).
Old 09-05-2008, 11:11   #64
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
I really wonder what Ten Caat' role actually in Barca and Chelsea (now)? Like what are his tasks for example. Maybe anyone can explain it?
He seems to have big influence for Barca (couple years ago) and Chelsea (now).
Sorry I have a spelling mistake, it's Ten Cate, not Ten Caat (don't know how I made the mistake).

Anyway, his role was Assistant Manager, similar to Tassotti and Billy in Milan.
Old 09-05-2008, 20:38   #65
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Is there a better coach than Carlo available? As long as he still has the motivation to coach Milan, Carlo is the best option.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:53   #66
ACMILAN1983

Personally I think Lippi's better than Carlo and is available.
Old 11-05-2008, 21:02   #67
rt9

Quite frankly, as much as you have to admire his record, I dont like Lippi's style of play too much. His Juve teams won, but played boring football. Italy won the WC, through grit and Pirlo's creativity, but not through beautiful football. And besides, if he came to Milan, I think he would fail like he did at Inter. I think Lippi is only suited to Juve.

Carlo, on the other hand, has won by playing good football. Who else would have played with Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, and Rivaldo in the same line-up? If he were to leave now to coach Italy after Euro I would understand, but whoever the new coach is has to play and win the Milan way, I dont want us turning into a boring, counter-attacking team, or a long ball Zaccheroni-esque team.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:05   #68
ACMILAN1983

I don't think Lippi's a particularly dull coach (as far as how his teams play), as his Juve wasn't that boring (especially compared to Cappello's Juve) and his Italy were a pretty dynamic side that brought some new ideas into the game (such as pressing hard in front of the opposition defence with a player like Perotta).

Plus, Carlo was a far more boring coach before coming to Milan than Lippi. He was heavily criticised of being a defensive minded coach.
Old 13-05-2008, 22:53   #69
Ree_zq

Fave Players: Maldini
Ree_zq is on a distinguished road
I've changed my mind, I guess we need a new one.
Carlo has looked out of ideas..

And I agree with you,ACM1983. No Rijkard, just hire Lippi.
Old 14-05-2008, 02:00   #70
MLM

Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
why we need a new coach if the current one will always have his job eternally ? joking here. nothing's against Carletto. in fact i couldn't find the one who is better and avaiable to replace him now. few names dancing in my head. but i won't pick one of them to replace Carlo:

1. Moaningho: no kidding. Berlusconi will breake his swear as prime minister just to critizes Jose's statements everyday.

2. Lippi: i like him. brilliant but i always felt aslept when i saw Juve's game when he was the coach there. well.. except Holland-Italy semifinal in Euro 2000 which was defined thriller game (despite no goal before PK shot out and many PKs was given before the 90th minutes game was over to Holland but no one turned to be a goal ).

3. Rijkaard: few season ago Barca was looked like slaped Madrid at their face when Madrid claimed themselves as Los Galacticos when Barca played a beautiful football and had everything those seasons, CL, La Liga title and more and man behind the scene of course Rijkaard genius without a doubt ! but now, with the likes of Messi, Ronaldinho, Bojan, Iniesta, Henry ( hate him), Puyol and co but trophyless for the last 2 season. that's proved that he ain't better than Ancelotti who gave us many trophies to celebrate each seasons.

4. MvB : simple. he wants to quits coaching after the end of Euro 2008. but great coach following his career as a great player. but still he needs a trophy to prove that. Ancelotti is better on this way.

5. Rafa Benitez: no.. no..no..at least Ancelotti had scudetto resume when Rafa's team just a witness for a Chelski, Arsenal, or MU's glory every season. no premiership title. no kidding as i am hunger for more scudetto here

6. Klinsi: taken because Mount Blanc Beckenbauer's pen already got his signature for next season damn good. my 1st choice if only everything is possible.

7 and etc is nothing compare to Carlo
Old 14-05-2008, 02:58   #71
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree_zq
I've changed my mind, I guess we need a new one.
Carlo has looked out of ideas..

And I agree with you,ACM1983. No Rijkard, just hire Lippi.
I don't think we need to replace Carlo yet, he's a good coach (who can infuriate sometimes).

As for Lippi, I'd take him if but he's very demanding, and the management probably won't be able to meet his requirements. He says he'll coach outside of Italy next anyway.

Another possibility is Donadoni. This guy for me is one of the most underrated coaches in the game. Though he’s not as experienced as Carlo, so far his resume is pretty impressive.

He started off managing at Lecco for a season. I’m not really sure how he did there if I’m honest. A season later he moved to Livorno, where in his first season he reached ninth in the league with them. Considering we’re talking about Livorno who have always been relegation battlers (and are now as well), it’s a very impressive achievement. In his second season at Livorno, he went one better and actually had them at sixth place at halfway through the season. Unfortunately, he was unfairly criticised by the chairman and ended up resigning. We all know what’s happened to Livorno since.

After Livorno, he saw Lippi win the World Cup with Italy and has taken over since. Initially, he was very heavily criticised after some embarrassing results. A 2-0 loss against Croatia in his first match (but this was without any of the World Cup winners and against what is a very strong Croatia side) started things off badly. This was followed by a 1-1 against Lithuania in the first qualifier for Euro 2008 and a 3-1 loss against France in humiliating fashion. What many struggle to realise is that there were many factors that affected Donadoni’s team at this point:

- He was new in this position and he was still trying to set up his team and put it together.
- He had to contend with the backlash of the Calciopoli verdicts.
- Players weren’t fully fit (sharp) yet, as the Italian season had barely begun.
- Some of the older players, namely Totti and Nesta were thinking of retiring. In Nesta’s case it wasn’t a problem, as he made his stance clear and stuck to his decision. Totti on the other hand made indecisive comments about retiring and eventually said he’d only want call ups for “important” matches. This semi-retirement is totally unacceptable imo and Donadoni forced Totti to make a decision to commit or retire fully, or rather he didn’t try to convince Totti to stay (Totti retired of course). This for me was a good move by Donadoni, who showed firmness when faced with players not committing.
- Many of the players were still going through a WC victory hangover.

Since the initial hiccups, Donadoni’s side has steadily improved and went on a fantastic run of something like 10 undefeated games. The side is more than capable of competing against some of the favourites of Euro 2008 (namely France and Spain) and Donadoni now has a number of options to choose from, as players have come forward in their career (e.g. Di Natale, Amauri and Borriello).

During the start of his tenure as Italy coach, many were calling for him to be sacked, saying he was making a mockery of Lippi’s great side. Now, many of the same people want him to sign a new contract (something he’s not done) to continue to build after Euro 2008. Throughout his time as Italy manager (good and bad times), he’s been slated heavily by the Italian press. Time and again he’s been questioned and put under immense pressure (more than pretty much any other International coach). Until now, he’s got on with the job at hand and has got a side that’s looking very strong.

Personally, I think with Spalletti and Prandelli he’s one of the leading figures of the next generation of Italian managers. Right now, if there was a manager I’d be looking to eventually bring in at Milan, it’d be him and I’m sure the Milan management have taken note of him too.
Old 14-05-2008, 03:08   #72
Peachtot

Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM
2. Lippi: i like him. brilliant but i always felt aslept when i saw Juve's game when he was the coach there. well.. except Holland-Italy semifinal in Euro 2000 which was defined thriller game (despite no goal before PK shot out and many PKs was given before the 90th minutes game was over to Holland but no one turned to be a goal ).
In Euro 2000, it wasnt lippi in azzurri but dino zoff as italian allenatore.
remember when berlusconi told something bad on his tactic during euro in Benelux even italy reached the final then lost against France ?
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Old 14-05-2008, 03:16   #73
MLM

Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachtot
In Euro 2000, it wasnt lippi in azzurri but dino zoff as italian allenatore.
remember when berlusconi told something bad on his tactic during euro in Benelux even italy reached the final then lost against France ?
God.. how could i forgot that one?? yes.. Lippi is the one who brought that Copa De Monde to Italy. silly me thx for the correction. and yes it was Zoff who lost his squad from France. and made France got double title alongside with Copa De Monde 2 years before. and against Holland i remember that Stam missing the penalty spot by sending the ball high to the roof. not to mention Maldini also missed the spot kick (he said he got confused on which foot he should use because he be able to use both). but again.. it was Zoff as the coach not Lippi

Last edited by MLM; 14-05-2008 at 03:29.
Old 16-05-2008, 20:48   #74
rt9

I dont think Donadoni has the right level of experience to coach a big club like Milan. The trend with national teams have now shifted to employing lesser experienced, but perhaps fresher coaches (Klinsmann comes to mind), but with a big football club, expected to win trophies and remain competitive, I think only an experienced, seasoned manager would do. I'd probably go for Rijkaard over Donadoni or MVB if given the choice.
Old 17-05-2008, 08:47   #75
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
I dont think Donadoni has the right level of experience to coach a big club like Milan. The trend with national teams have now shifted to employing lesser experienced, but perhaps fresher coaches (Klinsmann comes to mind), but with a big football club, expected to win trophies and remain competitive, I think only an experienced, seasoned manager would do. I'd probably go for Rijkaard over Donadoni or MVB if given the choice.
Why Rijkaard? The guy's hardly the greatest coach around imo. I'd feel much safer with Donadoni at Milan than Rijkaard. Experience is important, but Donadoni has experience in Italy (Serie A and at national level), and his style of coaching is very well suited to the modern game. Tactically his teams have always been well balanced (something Rijkaard definitely can't attest to) and he's been successful through his short coaching career, to the point where he's done the unthinkable (look at his record with Livorno).
Closed Thread