Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-01-2011, 21:21   #30
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCO View Post
and I watch today the best movi ever made by the man The Shawshank Redemption[1994]
A really, really great movie Duco. I was kinda reluctant to watch it because, more often than not, I was disappointed by the novel-based movies.

I have read the Stephen King's book called Different Seasons and the stories that stood out IMO are Rita Hayworth & The Shawshank Redemption and The Body. The latter was made into a movie too, Stand by Me, and directed by Rob Reiner. But I was disappointed by the overall story. The novella itself was much more complex and beautiful than the movie. That's why at first I didn't want to watch Shawshank Redemption.

But a friend of mine kept telling me to, so I finally did, and it was a cinematic pleasure of highest kind. It has all that I want from a movie. Ten thumbs up to Frank Darabont who not only boldly changed several important parts of the novella (which was already superb) and convincingly did so without disrupting the main idea of the novella. A definitely must see movie.

Ironically it wasn't popular at all on the screen and CMIIW was directly copied on CDs for rental purposes. It was only after that that the movie made an unprecedented rise in popularity and respect, and now was chosen by imdb viewers as the #1 movie of all time.

PS: And mzk, you meant "that" part didn't you? Of course I know what you mean buddy, and I agree with you. Any man with a healthy amount of testosterone in him must like Monica Belucci

Last edited by Nalx; 15-01-2011 at 21:29.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote