Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

Old 16-08-2004, 15:40   #271
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by j. lew
Excellent movie, ACMILAN1983! Have you seen this director's other films? DEAD OR ALIVE is great! Starts off as a cop vs yakuza thing, but ends in a bizarre apocalyptic flourish! AUDITION is another film that is not for people with a weak stomach. I'm a pretty hardened gore film viewer, but I was twitching in my seat by the end of it! I invite you (and anyone else for that matter!) to go to www.incrediblystrangevideo.com - its my friend's video store in Pittsburgh. There is a forum section where a lot of horror/sci-fi/cult movies fans get together. Its a lot of fun, and you might get some new ideas on which movies to check out. I've had my eyes opened to quite a few great flicks there!

So, I finally saw THE VILLAGE this weekend. ASide from the fact that I figured out the ending beforehand (I'm SO smart! ) I thought it was a great, creepy film. A lot of people have been down on it since it was released, but I didn't think it was so bad.

I'm also kind of looking forward to THE EXORCIST prequel that opens pretty soon. And I just found out that John Waters has a new movie coming out! Bonus!

Has anyone here seen WILD ZERO? Its been out for a few years, but its rare that I find anyone else that has seen it (at least here in the States!).

And Sandra?...check out the original STEPFORD WIVES. Its ten times better! I still watch it from time to time and get a charge out of it!
The director is Takeshi Miike. One of my favourite directors. If you like messed up movies, then watch Visitor Q, argubly the strangest movie I have ever seen
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 15:57   #272
Sandra

Fave Players: Sandro Nesta
Sandra will become famous soon enoughSandra will become famous soon enough
Oh i knew about the first film, but i havent' seen it actually. But i definately will j.lew
ve lo faccio sapere
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 09:43   #273
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan4eva
Haha, you like Shaolin Soccer lol . And what's the Kitano version of Zaitochi. I didn't know there were different versions. My friends watched it some time back but I had to go home as it was too late. Anyways, I have it now. Heard it's a good show, so I'm looking forward.

Run Lola Run was good too yeah. The rest I haven't seen. I think I've seen the poster of Amelie somewhere, but I seldom explore "unknown" movies(low on cash). Btw, have you caught Infernal Affairs 2 & 3 yet? Heard it's a great trilogy. Didn't want to watch part 3 when I had the chance cuz I didn't see 1 and 2(though it was the prequel lol). Maybe I'll catch it someday. I'm not to keen on chinese shows but most of these chinese or japanese/korean cop shows are above average to very good.

And, one international show I'd like to recommend you is City Of God. Don't know if you guys have got that since it's become quite international. The Director Fernando Merilles(sp?) got nominated for best director but lost to Peter Jackson for LOTR(those bastards scooped everything!!!) For those of you who don't know, it's about life of kids growing into teens in the slums of Rio De Janeiro. It's keeps you stuck in the movie you just naturally follow through right from the get-go. A must watch I daresay.
Shaolin Soccer is one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Zatoichi films are renowned in Japan and most of them were made 30 odd years ago. Recently, Takeshi Kitano (stars in Battle Royale, another brilliant film and is a very famous director) starred and directed in a modern Zatoichi film. This was excellent and is a great homage to classic chambre (samurai) films.

Run Lola run is very good and if you haven't seen Amelie, then its definately worth looking at. I'm sure there are others on the forum who love this film as well.

Yes, Chinese/Hong Kong films are very good for martial arts, action and period dramas/martial arts (ie Hero which stars Jet Li). I haven't seen Infernal Affairs 2 + 3, but am keeping an eye out for them.

City of God is a brilliant film. I truly loved the film and own it.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 17-08-2004 at 10:45.
Old 17-08-2004, 09:49   #274
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi azalea

How abt House of Flying Daggers ? if I'm not wrong it got nomination in Cannes Film Festival....
Zhang YiMou, tried to create a Romantic tragedy in classical Chinese Scenario. I salute his attempt to bring the audience to the depth of emotions in 3 main characters. And the cinematography, 1st class as I can say... From motions to the sound.
The duel scene between Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro was located in Ukraine...ewwwwww ! It was so hard time for both of them because the duel scene forced them to use real sword and the same time struggling to beat the coldness....
it's classical, really classic.... Men always in bloodbath because a love to women....
House of flying daggers has only just come out in Asia hasn't it. I'm quite certain it hasn't had a UK release.

I don't know much about it, but it definately sounds cool and I do rate Zhang Yimou highly.

Ps - I've only ever seen him in one film (The Returner) and only really know him from videogame series Onimusha, but Takeshi Kaneshiro is quite a famous Japanese actor isn't he?

I also hear he's quite popular with ladies, lol
Old 17-08-2004, 10:04   #275
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Oh i knew about the first film, but i havent' seen it actually. But i definately will j.lew
Are you on about Dead or Alive or Ichi the killer Sandra?

To be honest, if you really have a problem with gore and violence, then I defiantely don't recommend them. However, if you have a slightly twisted sense of humour, or just enjoy black comedies, then they are actually quite funny and disturbing at the same time.

I checked out the site j.lew. It was quite interesting with quite a number of films I haven't heard of. Is The Eye 2 good, as the original was very good.

Audition is a classic and I also love the work of Hideo Nakata. He's famed for Ring (the original Japanese version) and Dark Water (many misunderstand this film as they think its a straight horror, when its just as much a drama, making it less scary). On the subject of Ring, most here will probably know of the American version. However, I definately recommend watching the Japanese original, which I still rank as one of the greatest horrors I have ever seen. I remember watching it because I was in a dark and cramped room and was watching it on video by myself at 2-3am and the sound was very loud. That is really the best way to watch scary films as you can really immerse into it (although I don't recommend it to those who scare easily). Also, those who like Hideo Nakata's work, you will be interested to hear he is directing the American version of Ring 2.

phew, sorry for so many posts, but its really difficult to know who I am replying to unless I reply to them individually.
Old 17-08-2004, 11:02   #276
Sandra

Fave Players: Sandro Nesta
Sandra will become famous soon enoughSandra will become famous soon enough
I can almost watch all types of movies... i like danish movies alot and british. The humour But one movie i coulnt' watch ever again is Irreversible.. i'm really thankful i DID watch it but i couln't take it again....
ve lo faccio sapere
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 13:29   #277
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
I can almost watch all types of movies... i like danish movies alot and british. The humour But one movie i coulnt' watch ever again is Irreversible.. i'm really thankful i DID watch it but i couln't take it again....
Sorry, I still don't know which film you were referring to before.

Can't say I've ever heard of Irreversible, but I checked out a trailer for it and thought it looked interesting. I'm definately going to keep an eye out for it. I've never really had a problem with watching a movie more than once, no matter how disturbing or badly it affects me the first time. The sexual violence theme of the film reminded me of a French film called B@ise moi, which I found to be HEAVILY overrated, so I hope the same isn't with this.
Old 18-08-2004, 08:15   #278
heidi azalea

heidi azalea will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983

Ps - I've only ever seen him in one film (The Returner) and only really know him from videogame series Onimusha, but Takeshi Kaneshiro is quite a famous Japanese actor isn't he?

I also hear he's quite popular with ladies, lol
LOL...
yeah, Takeshi Kaneshiro is a famous Japanese actor out of his own country... In Hong Kong and Taiwan of course. If I'm not wrong, he got Chinese blood also in his origin... When he speaks Mandarin, it never come across my mind that he's a Japanese...
And yeah he's hot....
see his pic :http://www.jdiscshop.com/popya/star/...eshi/index.htm

"I am not really a strong fans of anything (even Doraemon), as physicist like me tends to take thing with a casual heart and with less 'feeling'. "
-T.L.Yoon-

http://alinehumaira.multiply.com
http://alinehumaira.blogdrive.com
WOMAN ! WITHOUT HER, MAN IS NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!

MilanMania : Relax, Respect, Respond

Our responsible is to make ourselves better and others happier. PEACE ON EARTH !
heidi azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 10:59   #279
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi azalea
LOL...
yeah, Takeshi Kaneshiro is a famous Japanese actor out of his own country... In Hong Kong and Taiwan of course. If I'm not wrong, he got Chinese blood also in his origin... When he speaks Mandarin, it never come across my mind that he's a Japanese...
And yeah he's hot....
see his pic :http://www.jdiscshop.com/popya/star/...eshi/index.htm
Yeah, a burmese friend of mine said he is of Chinese origin as well as Japanese or something. Sorry, I wasn't too interested in the pics seeing as I prefer women, lol.

Now give me a picture of Aishwarya Rai (Indian actress) or Kim Hee-sun (I think thats the Korean actress in Bichunmoo) and
Old 18-08-2004, 11:14   #280
sash

My favorite is "American Beauty", and Stanley Kubrick films ("Space Odissey", "Mechaniacl orange", "Dr. Strangelove" and more...)
Old 18-08-2004, 13:28   #281
ACMILAN1983

American Beauty was quite good, I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor.

I saw Romeo and Juliet last night (the one with Leonardo Di Caprio). I was very impressed with the directors work, although I doubt I have to say much about how great the story and characters were.
Old 20-08-2004, 10:12   #282
ACMILAN1983

I saw an anime called Grave of the Fireflies last night. Its quite famous, although I'm not sure how many here would have heard of it.

Its set during world war 2 in Japan and shows the struggle for survival of a boy and his younger sister in the tough times. Its an excellent show and I recommend it to everyone here.

oh, almost forgot to mention...I saw Harold and Kumar Go visit White Castle earlier and it was quite funny. Those who like Dude where's my car will probably like it (I personally thought it was a little better) and is similar in style and jokes.

I have another film to add...Requiem for a dream. I'm sure many here have already seen it, but its a brilliant film that shows the effects of addiction on a persons life.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 21-08-2004 at 10:10.
Old 27-08-2004, 11:30   #283
ACMILAN1983

Surprise to see no replies about Grave of the fireflies, I thought some people would have seen that.

I saw mallrats yesterday, it was ok, but nothing memorable.

I also watched God of Cookery. Its by Stephen Chow (shaolin soccer) and is excellent. Its really funny.

So no one else been watching films?

Seems like I'm the only one posting in this thread nowerdays
Old 27-08-2004, 12:33   #284
Henrik

Henrik is on a distinguished road
Just saw Alien vs Predator, a true high-budget B-movie. It was a fantastic movie experience though, because I saw it here in Barbados. You may wonder what difference that would make, so here it is:
- The predator looked like a dude in dreadlocks and body armour
- Early during the showing a clearly high man in dreads, stood up and shouted "Ya mon, de Predator is a Rastafarian".
For the rest of the movie everybody laughed and cheer for the Predator

And who said talking at the movies was a bad thing?
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2004, 11:27   #285
Milan4eva

Fave Players: Batistuta, Ortega, Maldini, Irwin, Maradonna, Garr
Milan4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
I just saw AVP too yest. It was alright. I'll probably give it a 6/10 or 2.5/5. It seemed way too short IMO. It's like I didn't feel the movie. It just passed by. But I guess I passed it because both sides, especially Predators, were so cool!But *spoiler alert*, I thought the director spoilt the atmosphere and just riduculed the whole of both series with the Predator trying to communicate with the human about the bomb, though it was funny. And the part where the Predator cut off the Alien's head was extrememly lame as well.
Milan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote