AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > International Tournaments

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 11:51   #1
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Road to Euro 2012

The WC is over, in few days, all teams will play a friendly game launching the next campaign leading to the Polonese and Ukrainian Euro.

Today, the next NT has been revealed:

GK - Marchetti, Sirigu, Viviano
Defenders - Antonini, Astori, Bonucci, Cassani, Chiellini, Lucchini, Molinaro, Motta
Midfielders - De Rossi, Lazzari, Marchisio, Montolivo, Palombo, Pepe
Attack - Amauri, Balotelli, Borriello, Cassano, Quagliarella, G.Rossi

Happy to see both Borriello and Antonini in the team, Pirlo is not called but it's surely because of his lack of fitness nowadays.

Of course, it's not the official team that Prandelli will use during the qualification games, but there are already some points to notice:
- Prandelli didn't left out Borriello, Balotelli and Cassano, he probably wants to try them to create a new attack, without forgetting that Gilardino will be called for sure or almost then.
- Amauri is called ... and it can be asked if it isn't just to block him with the Italian NT because it can't be thanks to his level (bad season, not used in friendly games of Juventus if I'm not wrong).
- The coach will have a lot of work to do because he has to build a new defense and soon a new attack.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:00   #2
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Good possibilities and starting without prejudice, but at the same times shows Italy is not exactly producing lots of talent. Lots of work between now, 2012 and 2014.
Old 06-08-2010, 13:52   #3
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Good possibilities and starting without prejudice, but at the same times shows Italy is not exactly producing lots of talent. Lots of work between now, 2012 and 2014.
A lot of work, yes, but this first team shows the guy will give a chance to everyone deserving it, and based on the current form, not the names (he said once he has a 70 players list for the NT) ...

And don't forget that Pirlo for example will be included in the team then, so there could be a good mix between youth, talent and experience in this team.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 08-08-2010, 20:05   #4
MIRZA

Fave Players: Pirlo,Sheva,Topic, Kaladze, Papac, Salihovic
MIRZA is on a distinguished road
Friendly match between Bosnia and Qatar

here are Bosnian players who are called up for this friendly

GKs: Asmir Begovic (Stoke), Kenan Hasagic (Istanbul)

defence: Adnan Mravac (Westerlo), Boris Pandza (Mechelen), Safet Nadarevic(Eskisehirspor), Sanel Jahic (AEK Atina), Emir Spahic (Montpellier)

midfield: Mensur Mujdza (Freiburg), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Wolfsburg), Samir Muratovic (Sturm Graz), Elvir Rahimic (CSKA Moskva), Sejad Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Miralem Pjanic (Lyon), Haris Medunjanin (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Senijad Ibricic (Hajduk), Mehmed Alispahic (Šibenik), Semir Stilic (Lech Poznan)

strikers: Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg), Zlatan Muslimovic (PAOK), Vedad Ibisevic (Hoffenheim), Ermin Zec (Genclerbirligi).
Old 08-08-2010, 20:30   #5
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRZA View Post

defence: Adnan Mravac (Westerlo), Boris Pandza (Mechelen), Safet Nadarevic(Eskisehirspor), Sanel Jahic (AEK Atina), Emir Spahic (Montpellier)

midfield: Mensur Mujdza (Freiburg), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Wolfsburg), Samir Muratovic (Sturm Graz), Elvir Rahimic (CSKA Moskva), Sejad Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Miralem Pjanic (Lyon), Haris Medunjanin (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Senijad Ibricic (Hajduk), Mehmed Alispahic (Šibenik), Semir Stilic (Lech Poznan)

strikers: Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg), Zlatan Muslimovic (PAOK), Vedad Ibisevic (Hoffenheim), Ermin Zec (Genclerbirligi).
5 defenders and 10 midfielders ?!
What system does Bosnia use ?

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 08-08-2010, 21:11   #6
MIRZA

Fave Players: Pirlo,Sheva,Topic, Kaladze, Papac, Salihovic
MIRZA is on a distinguished road
belive me mate, I'm not good tactician, my job is only to support my NT , but this is how I see it
it looks like 3-5-2 on the paper, but 3 midfield palyers( Mujdza, Muratovic, Rahimic) and sometimes Salihovic, also plays back, so it's more standard 4-4-2 formation, which can quickly transform into 2-5-3 or 5-3-2 formation
Old 17-08-2010, 00:48   #7
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
belive me mate, I'm not good tactician, my job is only to support my NT , but this is how I see it
it looks like 3-5-2 on the paper, but 3 midfield palyers( Mujdza, Muratovic, Rahimic) and sometimes Salihovic, also plays back, so it's more standard 4-4-2 formation, which can quickly transform into 2-5-3 or 5-3-2 formation
On paper Bosnia have so much potential. Im interested to see where these guys end up in the next 4 years
Old 02-09-2010, 12:01   #8
GeoTav

Are you ready folks ?! The road leading the teams to Euro 2012 in Poland/Ukraine is open !!

The main games of the week/week-end are ...

Group A: 03/09, 20:45, Belgium-Germany

And that's all !!

All the other favorites play against smaller teams.

The Italian NT goes in Estonia tomorrow (20:30).
The French NT will play in Stade de France (for the first time, it looks like they won't be whistled by their own fans) against Bielorussia (21:00).
Our new player Ibrahimovic will play in Sweden against Hungary (20:00) while their main opponents, Netherlands, will go in San Marino (20:45).
The English will play againt Bulgaria/Bulgary (?) at 21:00.
The new World Champions will go in Liechtenstein, nothing very interesting for them at 20:45.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 02-09-2010, 12:44   #9
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
As a long time Belgium fan (and Germany being my least fave NT)

Allez Les Diables Rouges
Old 06-09-2010, 18:31   #10
Giorgos

Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:

Zlatan Zlatan oe! oe! oe!, simply Zlatan Mouslimovic, we love him...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59   #11
GeoTav

It seems Prandelli will send the following team on the pitch tonight:

Viviano
De Silvestri - Chiellini - Bonucci - Antonelli
Montolivo - Pirlo - De Rossi
Rossi - Cassano
Gilardino

I like this attack and it's obvious the goal of this game against Faroe Islands is to try De Silvestri and Antonelli, give more time to Chiellini and Bonucci, trying Cassano and G.Rossi together, and trying to give confidence to Gilardino who hasn't scored any goal for a while if I'm not wrong !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 07-09-2010, 14:55   #12
Mystik

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Italy are actually playing a pretty good brand of football with that setup, with a sort of 4-3-3 where Rossi and Cassano cut in from the wings and Gilardino is the target man at the top. The three midfielders are interchanging positions and passing amongst each other comfortably. Most importantly, they're getting forward to help out the attack, giving Cassano, Rossi and Gilardino more people to play with up front. The defenders are doing well, with Antonelli and De Silvestri getting forward up the flanks regularly. Second half is about to start!

(p.s. Huntelaar 2 goals so far vs Finland while Ibra scored 2 against San Marino)
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 20:54   #13
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

& the winner of the contest between Ibrahimovic vs Huntelaar is KJH
5 goals compared to 2 of Ibrahimovic. Awesome!

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 21:00   #14
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Off topic:

Argentina 4 - 1 Spain

WOW, that's unbelievable. If Argentina had their current manager during the WC, they would be been world champs. No question about that But now we have to live with this boring fact of Spain being the world champs. Sorry Diego, but you screwed Argentina at the WC. (You are still my favorite footballer of all time though).

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 21:19   #15
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
& the winner of the contest between Ibrahimovic vs Huntelaar is KJH
5 goals compared to 2 of Ibrahimovic. Awesome!
It's not something you can compare and you know it zeekay !!

I liked the way Italy played, despite the fact it was only the Faroe Islands, they showed good confidence, the players knew how to play together. It seems Prandelli made them work on the basics. No more long balls (only a few times), more play with the ball, more pressing, more moves.

The last time(s) Italy played against the Faroe Islands, they had hard games because they were unable to break the defence (the way Italy played under Lippi version 2008-2010 was easy to predict). This time, with all these moves, Italy won without making a big effort, I don't know if it's only my feeling or if everybody watching the game noticed it, but it looked like the Italian guys were playing easily, without sprinting all the time, well, they make this game easy.

The only bad thing I noticed is the fact that Bonucci and Chiellini, even by being a great promising pair of defenders, need to be concentrated for 90 minutes. They lost once or twice the ball, but like it was the Faroe Islands, there was no consequence. Against a better team, it could result in a conceded goal !!

Anyway, I'm starting to be optimistic again with the Italian NT !! And the funny thing is that it happens at the same time as everybody becomes optimistic again with Milan ... Good times to come !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM