AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 19-07-2008, 12:14   #61
Giancarlo
BANNED!

Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
That's not belittling and I stand by those statements. I did NOT insult anyone. I did NOT belittle anyone.

I do not take him seriously. Those are my feelings.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 12:18   #62
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
You know me, Giancarlo, I fully agree with you and greatly like your passion. But Jeff is doing his job here, a fantastic job by the way. He needs to treat everyone with a same set of rule. You have become an important member here, so getting your cooperation would make his job much easier and I am sure that he will appreciate that very much.
Old 19-07-2008, 12:24   #63
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
If you are wrong, saying or yelling it 10 times would not make it right; and if you are right, saying or yelling it 10 times doen't make it 10 times more right.

For the record, Giancarlo, you are right.
Old 19-07-2008, 12:29   #64
Giancarlo
BANNED!

Ok.

Anyways, back to the subject in hand... I feel if Milan has debt they can recover it elsewhere... like selling Brocchi, Simic and Emerson... if well sell them that could potentially get us 10-15 million Euros...
Old 19-07-2008, 12:31   #65
Kerlz

Kerlz is on a distinguished road
About my status as Ac Fan, I have never criticized a player or the club besides galliani

To go back on topic;

Lets compare Kaka to a brand new Ferrari which is owned by an man who lives in an old colonial home that needs be renovated as the ceiling needs new chingles and the wood of the pillars is starting to rot.( Milans back line). On top of that im in debt and am struggling to secure enough revenues to seal the debt.

As the owner of this Ferrari I can sell this car and renovate my ceiling and still have enough money to buy a Porche ect.

The Analogy is compared to the squad at the moment;

Milan have an old and depleted backline which has been plagued with Injures for the past two season. And recently a goalkeeper crises, lets also not forget a striker shortage which has been patched up with another CAM and a former Milan player who has a second chance to prove his worth.
Within the squad their is a player is worth 80 Million which if sold would fund enough money to buy at least 3 top players for the positions needed and seal the debt.
Logically this deal makes perfect sense and has been done before by the likes of Juventus.

Milan and Serie A at the moment have been hit hard by the Calciopli crises and the economic recession in Italy, as well as the unfavorable tax regulations. Insuring a competitative and complete squad is more necessary then keeping a luxury player, which can fund the right pieces in the squad.
Kerlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 12:31   #66
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
I just don't think the debt is the issue.

In fact, this rumor is just a piece of rubbish from the media (aren't we sick of stupid media these days already?)
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 12:35   #67
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlz View Post
About my status as Ac Fan, I have never criticized a player or the club besides galliani

To go back on topic;

Lets compare Kaka to a brand new Ferrari which is owned by an man who lives in an old colonial home that needs be renovated as the ceiling needs new chingles and the wood of the pillars is starting to rot.( Milans back line). On top of that im in debt and am struggling to secure enough revenues to seal the debt.

As the owner of this Ferrari I can sell this car and renovate my ceiling and still have enough money to buy a Porche ect.

The Analogy is compared to the squad at the moment;

Milan have an old and depleted backline which has been plagued with Injures for the past two season. And recently a goalkeeper crises, lets also not forget a striker shortage which has been patched up with another CAM and a former Milan player who has a second chance to prove his worth.
Within the squad their is a player is worth 80 Million which if sold would fund enough money to buy at least 3 top players for the positions needed and seal the debt.
Logically this deal makes perfect sense and has been done before by the likes of Juventus.

Milan and Serie A at the moment have been hit hard by the Calciopli crises and the economic recession in Italy, as well as the unfavorable tax regulations. Insuring a competitative and complete squad is more necessary then keeping a luxury player, which can fund the right pieces in the squad.
These are good points, only that Ferrari is a car and Kaka is a man.

I think this example shows clearly that your mindset is very different from some of the others here. Players are treated, in your analogy, objects, while we treat players as humans. Your logic goes just as far as that, but your logic doesn't include the human factor.

And that's difficult because it's difficult to quantify that.

But you need exactly that because players are human, not FM robots.

I want to say a little bit about this though: There is one thing about being like the rest of the teams in the world and there is one thing about being like yourself. I think Milan is doing the odd thing that nobody dares to do (in terms of transfer etc.)

Juventus doing quite well but not good enough to win the CL. Same for Inter, same for Real, etc. In fact, who won the CL last year? It's Man U and we don't see many changes in their side after losing to Milan 3-0.
Old 19-07-2008, 12:36   #68
jtelly

Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Debt isn't an issue here, we're one season from CL and that will clear things up, especially if we rock the league.
I agree with Kerlz point, though. His analogy is spot on, however we should be financing this renovation by also getting rid of other rot and dead wood, Brocchi, Favalli, and Simic and some others. This alone would open up a large amount of wages/transfer fee, and solidify our backline. I don't think anyone can argue that we haven't reinforced two of our major areas of concern, DC and GK; but in no way should Kaka' be part of the deal to do that. Only if he states he wants to leave does it become an issue, otherwise we will never sell him.
jtelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 12:37   #69
Giancarlo
BANNED!

Milan has a backline they are reinforcing, and I feel that present players are adequate for now (we did good getting Zambrotta). It's better our backline is a bit older and more experienced. A young backline isn't always good... one has to look at the Germany-Spain game for that. Germany's backline was very young, with Mertesacker, Metzelder and Fredrich being under 29.

We can bring in more in the winter transfer season as we have two Non-Eu spots available. Our goalkeeper crisis has been eased with the arrival of Abbiati.

It would be highly inappropriate to sell the player that was the highest scoring last season. Kaka basically acts like a striker, and he had a goal tally that would make Gilardino envious. He's a key playmaker that scores many goals and sets up quite a few goals.

The economic slowdown in Italy is going to change in my opinion especially by the new government (and the majorities it has in the branches of the Senate). That's because the new government of Berlusconi will be able to push reforms through with little/no opposition. The huge majorities in parliament will help him. Sorry for getting political... I'm a poli sci masters student after all... I'll try to keep any of this at a minimum.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 19-07-2008 at 12:41.
Old 19-07-2008, 12:46   #70
kawiki

Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
1) Don't ever ask people "if you are Milan fan". itself is an insult.
confirmed.

thanks for editing my post for me.
kawiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 09:17   #71
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I find it interesting that Blues are offering 80-100M for Kaka

It is actually a very very tempting offer. Exp. if that 100M includes players like Terry, Essien, Cech, and Malouda. And on top of that, Blues will take, Dida, Emerson, Seedorf and Kaka.

Thats a deal that I might actually say yes to and with the remaining money like 70M or so, I will sign someone like Arshavin and Gomez
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 10:33   #72
Vulli
Reuters Milan Correspondent

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Galliani Confirms: Kaka & Seedorf Are Staying

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has once against stated that Kaka and Clarence Seedorf will be staying at the club, but he did open the exit door for Dario Simic and Kaka’s brother Digao
Vulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 11:43   #73
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Sorry to open up old arguments again Jeff but i can't let this one slide by. As someone who has paid attention to the various financial listings of football clubs over the years from the likes of Deloitte as well as Forbes, and opened the most recent thread about the topic, i suggest Giancarlo looks more closely at these figures because Real & Man Utd (along with Barca, Chelsea & Arsenal) all made more revenue than we did in the 06/07 season, which incidentally are the latest figures to be published.

Revenue for the 06/07 season

1) Real Madrid: £236.2m
2) Man Utd: £212.1m
3) Barcelona: £195.3m
4) Chelsea: £190.5m
5) Arsenal: £177.6m
6) AC Milan: £153m
7) Bayern Munich: £150.3m
8) Liverpool: £133.9m
9) Inter Milan: £131.3m
10) AS Roma: £106.1m

Now as the latest season has just finished, accounts and accurate figures won't be available for a while, at least not from an independant accountancy firm like Deloitte, so all we can go on is guesses and comparisons to this time last year (i.e. by August last year we'd sold X amount of season tickets, this year we've sold Y amount, etc). Factor in the Ronaldinho effect and we should, in theory, sell alot more season tickets than last summer. But only time will tell and we won't for sure until the new season starts.

But lets take into account our poor season last time round, (though we did start well with the Super Cup & World Club Championship) the fact the stadium was hardly ever sold out so ticket sales were visibly poorer than some years and how successful Real & Man Utd were in winning their domestic leagues and the latter winning the CL and it's not difficult to conclude that those two clubs will probably be ahead of us in terms of annual revenue when the figures for the 07/08 season are released.

So I'm afraid Giancarlo that Kerlz in this instance is right.
Old 20-07-2008, 11:52   #74
Jeff

Thanks for the figure and the coherent argument.

What if we include the amount of money Berlusconi is willing to invest in Milan if needed be ?
Old 20-07-2008, 11:54   #75
Giancarlo
BANNED!

I'm standing by my statements, and I'm not going to back down from that. Ronaldinho is going to help us greatly with our income. But it would be wrong to sell Kaka. That's a fact. That revenue is interesting and doesn't really take into account the fact we are more successful than any of those EPL clubs.

Some of those figures are ironic though... Real Madrid and Barcelona have little to show for it.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 20-07-2008 at 11:59.