AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

Old 11-04-2006, 17:33   #721
pa7uel

Fave Players: Seedorf,Guillermo B. Schelotto, el Beto Yaqué
pa7uel is on a distinguished road
haha ok, then i wont go see it then. I'll save my money to ''Ice age 2'', anyone has seen it? the first one made me cry a lot, is this one as good as the first one?

http://ubbiar.fotolog.com/patuel_tricolor
pa7uel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 14:57   #722
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Today i saw Silent Hill. I know it is based on the game, but as i haven't played any of them that didn't make much difference. I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Bad points:
The script - it's awful in places, some of the lines are cringe-worthy
The acting - it's very 'wooden' in places
The plot - it's not easy to follow and people not knowing much about the game will be left thinking 'What's going on here ?'
Sean Bean's accent ! Why did they make him American ?? Great actor but does a lousy American accent.

Good points:
Horror - it's not scary, as in it'll make you jump. But some bits are quite gory and painful looking.
The plot - i know i've used it as a bad point, but some parts of the film are very good and drag you along at a fast pace. It's just let down in places.

Overall i'd give 6/7 out of 10. It might be best to wait until this comes out on dvd until you watch it, unless you have some money you want to spend.
Old 22-04-2006, 01:34   #723
Capitano

Fave Players: Maldini, R.Baggio, Nesta, Gullit
Capitano is on a distinguished road
"50 first dates", try to watch it once time! it's a great movie, so romantic. Soundtracks are funny, too! All is wonderful, I thought that
When the whole world is gone
You
won't be alone, cause I'll be there

Goiom, I do love you, forever!
Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2006, 14:45   #724
Jim_UK

This afternoon i watched 'The Brothers Grimm'. I quite liked it, i thought it was a very enjoyable movie. Obviously it's about the famous storytelling brothers who have written/inspired most of the fairytales we have today. It's not so much a biography, more a light hearted fantasy. It's good spotting little bits here and there and thinking 'ahh, so maybe that's how little red riding hood was created' and so on ...

Worth a go if you like that kind of comedy fantasy adventure film, think Sleepy Hollow with more comedy and not so dark or creepy and you'll be pretty much there.
Old 23-04-2006, 15:43   #725
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Ooo, i must remember to rent Brothers Grimm!!

I can hardly wait for The DaVinci Code! I didn't read the book until last fall I think it was. I like Dan Brown's style and to be honest, the first book of his that I read was Digital Fortress!! That book totally carried me to anothwer place, as any good book does. Technical but not way over your head technical, at least I didn't think so. I'd love it if someone decided to make DF itno a movie, but don't use Tom Hanks in it.

Anyway, I've seen previews of DaVinci Code, and I've also seen one special report on it. And yes, I've also watched some programs about the whole was Jesus married debate. I was totally skeptical about Tom Hanks being in this movie--I don't like him, I think he goes over the top with the drama roles but I was shocked when I saw the first report on the movie. I actually think he'll be a good Langdon and I'm kind of chuckling b/c Langdon does bear a resemblance to Mr. Brown! My roomie and I were out shopping yesterday and when we hit Borders I spotted a couple books that are now out to accompany both the book and the movie and told her she had to look not further for what to get me for an upcoming event.

If anyone followed the law suit against Brown by 2 of the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, I have a couple things to say about that. First off, the timing was really incredibly RUDE of those men. If they had a beef about did Brown or did he not copy their work then why would they not bring that up as soon as him book was released? To me, they came across as the authors of a minor book (written in the 80's, I have it in my library at school) who were trying to get publicity for their own book (probably hoping it would be revived and yes, I saw it at Borders), the whole 9 yards of being jealous of Brown's sucess. Now I see Opus Dei wants some disclaimer put on the movie. Hmmm...well then, why ARE they such a secret organization so secretly signed into existence by Pope John Paul II in 1978 was it?
Old 01-05-2006, 19:10   #726
Vadim

Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
United 93...

Really nothing to say about this movie. You know how it ends, there are no surprises ot twists. I'm not going to say anything about it, but I highly recommend to everyone.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 21:08   #727
fifamaster

Fave Players: Pirlo
fifamaster is on a distinguished road
Cool topic! I'm a movie buff myself, my parents own 3 videostores in the south of Holland and I work in one here in Amsterdam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI
Jean Luc Godard and Glauber Rocha.
What about them?

'Munich'; didn't like it - I found it too flashy, it went from action scene to action scene, not enough background info, not enough story. Due to this almost none character buildup and therefore I found the way they turned into stonecold killers not very realistic

Best Movie of 2005 IMO; 'Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'

Good movies 2006 so far; 'Lemming' and 'Broken Flowers'
Old 02-05-2006, 13:26   #728
rahul.acm

rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
miracle. i just cannot describe how good the movie was. it wud be the best movie for a sports fan. i cried like a baby after watching it!
Old 26-05-2006, 11:41   #729
Jim_UK

X-Men 3 is great !!

If you've read the comic books, then you might be a bit disappointed because the film doesn't really follow any kind of storyline from the comics. However, you can put that aside and enjoy the film on its own merits and on that basis it's great.

Wolverine is again fantastic, Hugh Jackman is born to play this role. Beast is also superb, Kelsey Grammar gets it spot on. Storm is ok, Jean Grey is awesome ! Ice Man and Colossus aren't used as much as they should be, which is a shame .. and of course there are cameos from characters all over the place.

There are a few down sides, Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut is terrible and he only has a few lines. It does tend to start feeling a little stale though, Wolverine still has to decide 'which side he's on' and it would be nice to have another main enemy, which could possibly happen if they have a fourth film.

The fight scenes are amazing though, some of the stuff they do with Jean Grey/Phoenix is incredible and when you see the list of special effects teams that worked on it you'll understand why.

Overall, highly enjoyable ... and quite shocking in regards to what they do to some characters. Very Entertaining. One final thing, if you watch it, stay until the credits finish to see a tiny extra snippet. It's an obvious one, but good to see.
Old 26-05-2006, 17:06   #730
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I also saw X3 and liked it. My friend (die hard X-Men fan) liked it too, so it I don't think thats too bad.

I liked Vinnie Jones, I just thought he was pretty hilarious
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 19:07   #731
ukrainian_CA

Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa7uel
haha ok, then i wont go see it then. I'll save my money to ''Ice age 2'', anyone has seen it? the first one made me cry a lot, is this one as good as the first one?
I watched it in the movie theater about a month ago.
It is as good as the first one, lots of laughter lines for kids and not-kids.
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 17:14   #732
pa7uel

Fave Players: Seedorf,Guillermo B. Schelotto, el Beto Yaqué
pa7uel is on a distinguished road
Yes, i think cartoon movies are impproving very much, for instance Shrek 2 made me LMAO, but i realy dont think a kid less than 13 years old can understand 80% of the gags, but they will laugh anyway. I think ice age was still very inocent, i havent seen the second, but as soon as it is on cable, and i have nothing else to do, i'll watch it for sure.

http://ubbiar.fotolog.com/patuel_tricolor
pa7uel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58   #733
lked

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Nesta,Kaka
lked is on a distinguished road
How High ..
Methodman & Redman
lked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 20:08   #734
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
funny movie, but i thought the ending was poor...

anyone seen paradise now yet?

i have a very nice collection of movies i jsut dont know which one to watch tomorrow night, confessions of a dangerous mind maybe?
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:53   #735
Gabrielle

Fave Players: Roberto Baggio,Paolo Maldini & Demetrio Albertini
Gabrielle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
funny movie, but i thought the ending was poor...

anyone seen paradise now yet?

i have a very nice collection of movies i jsut dont know which one to watch tomorrow night, confessions of a dangerous mind maybe?
Am watching Paradise Now this week

Last few weeks was the Turkish Film Festival here so I went and watch two movies :Korkuyorum Anne (I'm scared ,Mum) and Karpuz Kabugundan Gemiler Yapmak (Making Boats Out of Watermelon Rinds). I love the latter so much I watch it twice!!It's kinda like the Turkish version of Cinema Paradiso....Korkuyorum Anne was nice too, a comedy but with a fine message in between.

Anyone here watch these movies b4?