AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 27-12-2010, 09:42   #106
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
What Leo has done hurts fans on an emotional level, and while football is a business, we cannot acknowledge there's a lot more passion/emotional investment in this sport than in other industries. From this perspective, what Leo did is a despicable act of betrayal.

However, from his own perspective I understand that he's got a chance of a lifetime here, as there aren't many top coaching jobs available for a man with his CV (i.e. 1 year coaching Milan and getting sacked, being beaten 4-0 by both Inter and Man Utd). He was overlooked for Brazil (something I'm sure he made himself available for) and now probably wanted another good opportunity. If the reigning European, Italian and World Champions come asking for him, then he could well be considered stupid for not accepting.

Personally, I think he's a good coach, but one which may struggle with the current Inter squad. He likes attacking possession football and we know how much Benitez struggled trying to introduce it at Inter. Ultimately, I'm unconcerned about Inter and Leo right now, as I must say Allegri does seem a better coach and we only need to worry about ourselves right now.

As for the Kaka and Maldini rumours. I can imagine Kaka may decide to join Inter if he gets a strong opportunity. However, I don't think a deal seems likely to materialise and I must admit the Kaka of the past 2 years is nothing compared to Kaka in Milan. Maldini on the other hand cannot be anything but rumours, the guy is like Baresi or Rivera, a Milanista through and through (Rivera, despite hating Berlu has never gone against Milan). I'd wager my support for Milan over Maldini not going to Inter.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 10:00   #107
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
@ Geo: *sigh* You label Leo an icon. Then I can easily repeat what I've written: were Berlu's comments, some of them when Leo was still in charge, the way you treat an icon? And we're gonna through the never ending discussion that is going nowhere. He declared his love to Milan? Heck, a certain guy did so from the window of his apartment and look at what he did the next six months. That was the last time I took this sort of pledge seriously and it hurts me no longer if this so-called betrayal happens. The only thing that can't be change is my love to AC Milan. But in these modern days of football, I'm a pragmatist who takes thing as it is, and by thing "as it is" the contract is the boundary. Take it beyond that and the only thing that'll get hurt is your own ego.
Well, Leonardo coaching Inter isn't something that will make me stop sleeping ... I would be really sad if Maldini was to join them (even if like others stated, I think it's just rumours).

Also, like some stated, Milan is bigger than any individual. So once someone leaves Milan, Milan is still Milan.

Again, like some said and I said too in my first post on this topic, we can't blame Leonardo for coaching a big club. There's no reason why he should stop coaching, it's not like "you leave Milan and stop everything related to football", the only problem I have with that is that the big club is Inter (like I said, he could have gone coaching Juventus, Roma, or any other top club in any other country, I wouldn't have cared actually).

Anyway, without talking about betrayal (I don't think I used this word once about that ? I'll check ... I replied you about the Ibra/Leo comparison), I will not hesitate to criticize Leonardo during his spell in Inter. That's simply the game: you're in Milan or you're not.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 10:18   #108
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
No, Geo, I didn't accuse you of using the word betrayal. My apologize if my post implied so.

It's just this loyalty thing some people perceive that bugs me. But that's okay and I respect them.

And yes, just like you, I'll be more than happy to mock Leo every single game from now on. Nothing personal, just business.
Old 27-12-2010, 10:39   #109
Karim

Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Probably in the summer as Dzeko is cup tied. Pretty foolish to spend 30mil on a player who cant play in CL.

But I do expect Hernanes to be someone that Inter will be going after as Leo scouted him forlike a few yrs. A. Cissohko is another one.
We were so close to Hernanes in last Jan but suddenly we just didn't complete the move

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 10:48   #110
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
That's simply the game: you're in Milan or you're not.
Yeah, that's the only point. Now let Inter welcome their loser , and we welcome Cassano. And maybe some other signings.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 11:51   #111
vivardo

Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, R9
vivardo is on a distinguished road
Please let me make this clear: I am not a Leo fanboy.

Why do people admire and stay loyal to an institution? Usually because of its values or the people involved in it. You could say that AC Milan stands for good football. But again there are other clubs which proclaim the same. To me, it is all about people. This saga is not doing much good for the club, not exactly in the commercial sense but at the ideological level.

May be it is due to the political reasons, I do not admire Berlusconi at all. As a matter of fact, f**k him.
vivardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 15:06   #112
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
And now maybe Maldini as well?!?!?

http://www.football-italia.net/dec27s.html

Damn! I don't know how I would react if that happened... My all-time favorite player...
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 17:45   #113
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZGA...ure=popt11us14

Gift for all Italian speakers. I have no idea but seems like a shot at Leo.
Old 27-12-2010, 18:42   #114
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZGA...ure=popt11us14

Gift for all Italian speakers. I have no idea but seems like a shot at Leo.
in one phrase the boy basically said " He's an a**hole"....
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 22:09   #115
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
We were so close to Hernanes in last Jan but suddenly we just didn't complete the move
Personally, I think Hernanes is a reflection of whats wrong with the modern day transfer market. To me it seems like that when you are 19-21 playing pro football outside of Spain, Italy, England and even Germany, scouts from those so call huge clubs will only look at you up sides and ignore your down sides, thus these clubs will be willing to pay around or over 20 mil for a player aka The Next so and so. But once that player choose to stay with their current club and plays out till he is like 24 or 25. Scouts will begin to question his talents due not playing his trade at a big club....and scouts will be more toward questioning their downsides and ignoring their upsides. I think thats what happened to Hernanes as Berlu probably think if he is that good he would have gone to Europe a long time.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 06:17   #116
Karim

The problem is that according to Oriali from football-italia.net said he was close to signing him for 11 Million until just suddenly connection broke off in Jnauary when they were supposed to close the deal ??!!!

Anyways, we Egyptians already have such a talent and me as an Ahly fan thank God that he didn't leave
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-1914825.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6506805.ece

The last one is great

Old 28-12-2010, 10:37   #117
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kakŕ, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
And now maybe Maldini as well?!?!?

http://www.football-italia.net/dec27s.html

Damn! I don't know how I would react if that happened... My all-time favorite player...
if all these reports are true about Paolo and Kaka going to Inter i am certain Moratti is doing it on purpose to get back at us for signing Ibra and Cassano, i think we should hire Zanetti

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 12:21   #118
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Van Basten: 'Leo has betrayed Milan'

Milan legend Marco Van Basten thinks Leonardo has betrayed the club by joining heated rivals Inter.

Leonardo accepted the offer to replace Rafa Benitez despite his 13-year history with Milan.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Van Basten said: “It's not right to pass from one family to another. Wouldn't it be a betrayal?

“In my case, yes. I was at Milan for many years. I found myself happy. In my opinion even Inter understand this way of thinking.”

Asked for his reaction to Leonardo's appointment, he replied: “It's another thing entirely. He wasn't a Milan player for so many years.

“He left with problems. I have never had any with Milan.”

Van Basten then gave an insight into his own future.

The 46-year-old Dutchman has been frequently linked with the Milan job in the past.

“Last year there were rumours, but no contact. I had the ankle problem. I had an operation in September. Now I am better.

“In the future you never know.

“There is quality at Milan, but they must improve in order to become a team that wins in Italy and in Europe.

“Ibrahimovic make the difference. He has done so many times this year.

“Zlatan played in a different way at Barcelona and the relationship with Pep Guardiola wasn't good.

“He is a sensitive kind of player. He needs the support of the Coach and the fans.” football-italia
Not all people can be loyal, Basten!
Old 28-12-2010, 15:12   #119
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post
if all these reports are true about Paolo and Kaka going to Inter i am certain Moratti is doing it on purpose to get back at us for signing Ibra and Cassano, i think we should hire Zanetti
If Paolo was to sign for a role at Inter I believe the #3 shirt will be assigned to a new player at the end of the season... I really hope Maldini is like van Basten, and I also think so. It should be impossible for him to go to Inter.
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 02:22   #120
Karim

Quote:
“In my case, yes. I was at Milan for many years. I found myself happy. In my opinion even Inter understand this way of thinking.”

Asked for his reaction to Leonardo's appointment, he replied: “It's another thing entirely. He wasn't a Milan player for so many years.

“He left with problems. I have never had any with Milan.”
I got confused here, or may be because of the lack of tone I am missing a back handed slap