Notices

Old 15-11-2004, 17:53   #1
mange

Fave Players: Ringhio, Sandro, Dida, Paolo, Pippo, Pirlo, Sheva
mange is on a distinguished road
W. Samuel

Samuel's Madrid Experience Hits All Time Low

11/15/2004 1:14:00 PM

Real Madrid defender Walter Adrian Samuel’s relationship with the Merengue fans worsened last night, even though the Argentina international scored his first goal for the club in Real’s 6-1 whipping of Albacete.
The row began when a Samuel blooper allowed Albacete to even the score early on in the game.

From that moment on a part of the Bernabeu began jeering him.

Things got even worse after the former Roma defender scored the team’s fourth goal, as he celebrated it by putting his hand to his ear.

This gesture ignited the remainder of the crowd, and for the rest of the game every time Samuel touched the ball he was booed.

Samuel, also known as 'the Wall', joined Madrid from AS Roma over the course of last summer, and has yet to enter the hearts of the highly demandiing Madrid fans.

Let´s be friends with Real Madrid and relieve them from their troubles with Samuel...
Old 15-11-2004, 21:33   #2
ilgenio

Fave Players: Zico, Marco van Basten, Dejan Savicevic, Kaka
ilgenio is on a distinguished road
I watched the match and I couldn't believe it when the impregnable wall just phucked up and gifted Albacete an equalising goal.

A harmless looking low cross from the left floated towards Samuel and it looked like a normal routine clearance for him. But Il Muro kicked air and a grateful Francisco ran past him to score.

The fans booed Samuel after his mistake and were further incensed when Samuel did a Toppo Gigio gesture (like those Riquelme goal celebrations) after scoring Real's 4th goal, as if to taunt the fans "Where are your boos now?" The fans didn't boo Samuel for the entire match though, in fact, they did cheer for him when he touched the ball in the later stages of the game.

As much as I would like to see Il Muro at Milan, I don't think there is a remote possibility in the next 2 years, though a central defence of Samuel and Nesta would be

Real were simply awesome against Albacete, and I'm anticipating a highly explosive, entertaining Superclasico this weekend.

ALWAYS RED
ALWAYS BLACK
ALWAYS ROSSONERO
~ ~

Last edited by ilgenio; 15-11-2004 at 21:35.
ilgenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 22:12   #3
XZeRo3003

Fave Players: Marquez, Kaká, Pires, Henry
XZeRo3003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly this isn't the first blunder I've seen from him. I've always thought he was great, but I'm not seeing "The Wall" at Real Madrid yet.

But everything comes if you give it some time, I'm sure he'll impress very soon, but lemme tell ya, it's a lot harder for a defender to earn respect than it is for a forward to earn respect
XZeRo3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 06:29   #4
Kurt Cobain

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeRo3003
Honestly this isn't the first blunder I've seen from him. I've always thought he was great, but I'm not seeing "The Wall" at Real Madrid yet.
In my modest opinion, even Baresi in his prime would have problems playing in this Madrid side. The defenders are playing without a decent protection. A midfield with ZZ, Beckham and Figo don't help a lot the defender's cause.
Samuel is not a super player in my opinion, but if there's a slightly possibility of a transfer to Milan, I agree 100% with it.
Old 16-11-2004, 07:39   #5
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
samuel i think is verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy overrated, some peopple think hes the world best CB, hes not even the best in argentina ayala is.
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 07:47   #6
Henrik

Henrik is on a distinguished road
With Nesta, Maldini, Stam and Coloccini, I don't think CBs should be our first priority on the transfer market.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 09:28   #7
Ruffian

Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta
Ruffian is on a distinguished road
I think Samuel has been overrated too. He can be terrific in some games, while in others he makes appalling blunders. Defenders aren't allowed to make mistakes. Milan don't need him, but I wouldn't want Inter to get him: Cordoba - Samuel - Materazzi - Zanetti sounds a little too good to me. Not to mention very prone to yellows and reds.
Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 10:28   #8
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
The latest rumors suggest that Inter do indeed want the Argentine stopper, and this would not be a good thing at all...Inter would be so much stronger with him...

While I dont see him at Milan, I still think he is one of the better defenders in the club game at the moment.

Quote:
by Ruffian

Defenders aren't allowed to make mistakes.
Please tell that to Nesta, one of the worlds greatest, if not the best, after he gifted Depor in that UCL Qtr final that we all want to forget... come on now, EVERYONE makes mistakes...was Nesta's clearance that bounced off Mancini's leg in the Roma match unforgivable? It led to a goal, the EQUALISER and enabled Juve to extend their lead, but I didnt read where anyone was calling for him to be sold...

The problem with defenders is that their errors can often be fatal, and are thus very visible. They are still human though, and deserve a little leniency.

Samuel would be welcome in Milan if we had the space for him to be an automatic starter, but while Carlo is coach, Billy and Maldini still playing, and Colo in the wings, he wouldnt have much playing opportunity.
Old 16-11-2004, 10:47   #9
XZeRo3003

Fave Players: Marquez, Kaká, Pires, Henry
XZeRo3003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
With Nesta, Maldini, Stam and Coloccini, I don't think CBs should be our first priority on the transfer market.
I agree 100%. Even with Stam's Injury, we still have Coloccini, a great CB. By the time Stam comes back we'll return to having overloaded CB position(s). So, while I do think Samuel would play well here, I don't think Carlo should consider bringing him in, he'll be sitting in the bench next year, and I do think it is time coloccini starts gaining some experience
XZeRo3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 10:56   #10
Henrik

Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian
but I wouldn't want Inter to get him: Cordoba - Samuel - Materazzi - Zanetti sounds a little too good to me.
Don't worry, Inter can make the best of players suck
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 19:09   #11
Ruffian

Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta
Ruffian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can't argue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Please tell that to Nesta, one of the worlds greatest, if not the best, after he gifted Depor in that UCL Qtr final that we all want to forget... come on now, EVERYONE makes mistakes...was Nesta's clearance that bounced off Mancini's leg in the Roma match unforgivable? It led to a goal, the EQUALISER and enabled Juve to extend their lead, but I didnt read where anyone was calling for him to be sold...
I'm not disagreeing with you, WB, nor am I calling for Nesta to be sold. You quoted me incorrectly. This is what you should have shown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian
Defenders aren't allowed to make mistakes.
Those little smilies can make a difference. Anyway, Samuel makes more mistakes than I like in a defender.
Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 19:37   #12
Goirre

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I still remember that famous quote:

"If you want to make a great player become an average one, send him to Inter"

so much true in those words

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!

Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 02:11   #13
Peachtot

Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
samuel i think is verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy overrated
WoW...
What can I say ?
I'll keep ur so so subjective opinion.

Samuel is very overrated ?

But why is his price tag expensive enough last year ?(18,5 million)

Oh yeah.., maybe Madrid doing stupid transfer policy, continously!!
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 18:32   #14
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
its expensive because hes overrated!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 19:50   #15
Nova

Hah Has anybody seen him play tonight against leverkussen ? My god , he was awefull ... 1st his stupid header that led to leverkussen's goal and then tripped over the ball , that was hilarious .