Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 27-12-2010, 07:11   #91
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !!
I think he will ask for Hunter
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 07:21   #92
Dejan

Fave Players: BARESI, MALDINI
Dejan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !!
I have a feeling that Leo will move for Dzeko, a player He wanted when at Milan.... Selfconfessed lifelong Rossonero fan and a star in the making. Watch this space

honor virutis preamium

res ipsa loquitur

Last edited by Dejan; 27-12-2010 at 07:29.
Dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 07:30   #93
Gabriel489

Probably in the summer as Dzeko is cup tied. Pretty foolish to spend 30mil on a player who cant play in CL.

But I do expect Hernanes to be someone that Inter will be going after as Leo scouted him forlike a few yrs. A. Cissohko is another one.

Last edited by Gabriel489; 27-12-2010 at 07:46.
Old 27-12-2010, 07:46   #94
Dejan

Fair point G. What were his other transfer targets when in charge of Milan? If I mind correctly, Hunter was not his first choice striker. I mind Fabiano.

honor virutis preamium

res ipsa loquitur
Old 27-12-2010, 07:48   #95
Gabriel489

Well, the other one was Bale.
Old 27-12-2010, 07:49   #96
Dejan

true...Cissoko??

honor virutis preamium

res ipsa loquitur
Old 27-12-2010, 08:06   #97
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.
No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey?

Is that some kind of loyalty? Then change the Ibra with Leo and hopefully you'll get my idea of double standard, or in other word, hypocrisy.
Old 27-12-2010, 08:07   #98
vivardo

Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, R9
vivardo is on a distinguished road
Leo made those comments about Berlusconi which are true. Otherwise, he would have become Director/ Scout after resigning as the Coach. I do not know/judge how good a coach Leo is but he is one heck of a scout and negotiator. He would have continued to be an asset as he always was. Berlusconi blew that chance and the fans did not make much noise as they are doing now.

BTW, Moratti has been graceful in this entire saga. Berlusconi could use some lessons. Oh wait, he found a new girls' high school.
vivardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 08:32   #99
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivardo View Post
Leo made those comments about Berlusconi which are true. Otherwise, he would have become Director/ Scout after resigning as the Coach. I do not know/judge how good a coach Leo is but he is one heck of a scout and negotiator. He would have continued to be an asset as he always was. Berlusconi blew that chance and the fans did not make much noise as they are doing now.

BTW, Moratti has been graceful in this entire saga. Berlusconi could use some lessons. Oh wait, he found a new girls' high school.
Well, the fact that Leonardo (no more Leo, Leo was the Milan guy, now, it will be Leonardo !! Grrrrr) left us hasn't cost us anything so far ...

1) I think Allegri is a better coach (very personal opinion, no need to debate on that again, each person on this forum has his own idea about that, I should even erase this line).

2) Despite losing our best (from what everyone says) scout, we did a very good mercato and it seems the next mercato(s) is/are going to be as good.

3) There is a better ambiancy in the dressing room as everyone is more or less involved (which is better than 14 players involved and the others always on the bench) and because Allegri has more authority.

4) It looks like Leo (the one of Milan ) wasn't liked by all the players among our "old guard" (Gattuso and Inzaghi) but also some of the others (Flamini).

Anyway, I have no doubt Leonardo will learn from this failure as a coach and won't do the same mistakes as last year (forcing a player to play on a side when he is a striker for example). Actually, if he does the same mistakes, he will be fired in June and will not find any new job in Italy IMO ... which could not be that much of a problem as he was heavily linked with Lyon one or two month(s) ago and was on French TV during that time (that was weird to see him speaking French, and also weird about the timing: he was announced as the favourite replacement of Puel, and was at the same time on TV here). As I think it's the last year of Puel, he could be the next coach of Lyon even if he is fired by Inter ...

What is sad actually is that Leo had a perfect image, he had the great role in this story (the loyal guy being unfairly fired by Berlu) ... and he destroyed everything by signing for Inter. If someone is in charge of his image and if he does care about his image, becoming the coach of Inter is the worst move he could have done.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 27-12-2010 at 08:36.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 08:34   #100
ThrusT

Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
Quote:

LOL I read about it in Gazetta dS.
That would be friggin' crazy , Maldini to Inter.
Imagine Maldini in an Inter Milan director's suit, with their nice logo on his chest.
I guess we can expect a lot of these Kaka', Maldini,.. rumours in the coming months.

Is this the backfire we're getting for signing ex-Inter stars like Ibra and Ronaldo?
ThrusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 08:40   #101
Nalx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.
No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey? Then replace Ibra with Leo, and hopefully you'll grasp the double standard I was talking about. If you support Ibra now that he's beneficial to us you are as much a hypocrite as if you hate Leo now that he's beneficial to Inter.

And a hypocrite has no right to talk about loyalty. That's why on my first sentence I mentioned ideal world and real world. To you loyalty demands 100% all the time, BEYOND contractual terms. I think that kind of loyalty you expect is an absurd concept that only exists on absurd world! Because we all know not even the best gold is of 100% pure, let alone humanbeings and their motives.

The closest thing we get to loyalty is Paolo. But even he supported Juve as a child and during our bleak times in 1996 or 1997 he seriously considered about moving to Chelsea. He didn't move alright, but for a captain to seriously consider about leaving us that at our darkest moment in Berlu's era, it proves that even Paolo is not exactly that loyal huh? A 99,99% loyal perhaps, like the best gold there is in the world is 99,99% pure, but not 100%.

Last edited by Nalx; 27-12-2010 at 09:06.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 08:47   #102
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anyway, I have no doubt Leonardo will learn from this failure as a coach and...
For me he wasn`t a failure as a coach. We were never going to win the CL with that outfit,however if Pato and Nesta were available until the end we could have won the Championship. Do not look at the final table, we all know its not a refection of our real strength last year. Leonardo and all the player knew before May that he is leaving and that made things irrelevant for the last 3-4 games.

if I`m not wrong, Leo collected 1 more point than Allegri this time around. Don`t get me wrong I really admire Allegri, and i`m sure he is a great coach, but with this team Leonardo would achieve at least the same amount of points. but this is my opionin too. I can just hope now that i`m wrong and Allegri is much better coach than LEO

Last edited by kastriot; 27-12-2010 at 09:01.
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 09:12   #103
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey? Then replace Ibra with Leo, and hopefully you'll grasp the double standard I was talking about. If you support Ibra now that he's beneficial to us you are as much a hypocrite as if you hate Leo now that he's beneficial to Inter.
But why comparing Ibra and Leo ?

Ibrahimovic played in Juventus before going in Inter, he never was the loyal guy in any of his clubs, he's just a great player having played in some great clubs, with some of them being rivals. How many years did he spend in Juventus ? In Inter ? In Barcelona ?

He's not an icon for these clubs, for sure, he was loved by their fans (not sure for Barcelona), but he never claimed he would stay in these clubs for years/decades ...

So the best we can do with him is to be happy to have him performing in our team. I don't see any hypocrisy in that simply because the guy was "hated" when he was our opponent (because of his arrogance) but he never was hated because he was a loyal player for one of our opponents (I hate Materazzi because this guy has been the symbol of Inter in the last years).

Leonardo, on another hand, stayed a long time in Milan, always claimed to be a Milanista (and Paris fan too, so if he had gone to Paris, I wouldn't have been surprised at all actually), he publicly said he wouldn't coach any team in Italy again, and that's what I call a loyalty decalaration ... The guy proclaimed himself as a loyal person by saying such a thing, and what does he do 6 months later ? He is the coach of our rival !!

Did Ibrahimovic declared he would never play again in Italy or would never join Milan ? I don't think so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
For me he wasn`t a failure as a coach. We would never going to win the CL with that outfit,however if Pato and Nesta were available until the end we could have won the Championship. Do not look at the final table, we all know its not a refection of our real strength last year. Leonardo and all the player knew before May that he is leaving and that made things irrelevant for the last 3-4 games.
Well, I call it a failure because he was fired at the end of his first year ... it's the final result of his year as our coach. I think he learned a lot, but the fact he couldn't keep his job means he failed in something (he is as responsible for that as Berlu because he played ping pong with Berlu in medias instead of privately discussing, and to play ping pong, you need to be at least two). I'm among the people who supported him and would have liked to see him coach our team with better players (but I was also among the people crying to see Pato on the right, and then Huntelaar, and even Inzaghi the rare times he played), but he failed as he was fired.

And if you want my opinion, I think we're more solid, even if less spectacular, with Allegri, because he built something to make a strong defence, something Leo didn't, Leo tried to build a strong attack, but in modern football, even the best attack can't win titles if the defence is awful and exposed. It's why most of the coaches try to work firstly on the defence, and then with the attack.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 27-12-2010 at 09:17.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 09:13   #104
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Maldini to Inter has left me speechless and it's only a silly rumour...
Old 27-12-2010, 09:39   #105
Nalx

@ Geo: *sigh* Again if Leo WAS an icon then I can easily repeat what I've written: were Berlu's comments, some of them when Leo was still in charge, the way you treat an icon? And we're gonna through the never ending discussion that is going nowhere. Berlu called Leo thick-headed, Leo called Berlu a narcissist. Well, if respect works both ways then so is disrespect my friend! Or would you turn the other cheek after all that's been said and done were you in Leo's shoes? I doubt it!

He declared his love to Milan? Heck, a certain guy did so from the window of his apartment and look at what he did the next six months. That was the last time I took this sort of pledge seriously and it hurts me no longer if this so-called betrayal happens. The only thing that can't be changed is my love to AC Milan, that's my one and only idealism. But in these modern days of football, I'm a pragmatist who takes thing as it is, and by "thing as it is" I mean everybody whose rights and obligations were detailed out on the contract. The contract itself is the boundary. Take it beyond that and the only thing that'll get hurt is your own feeling. And after Kaka's (and Sheva's) leaving I must say I've had enough of it.

That's my final stance on this issue. Whether others agree with me or not, I'M OUTTA HERE...

To mercato thread

Last edited by Nalx; 27-12-2010 at 10:05.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote