AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 25-01-2011, 03:17   #166
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't write off Inter yet though, despite agreeing with you guys about a possible flaw in Leo's coaching ability. He is a very clever guy and I think he will attempt to make Inter grow in the image of the sides he's been most influenced by (i.e. '82 Brazil).

btw, I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but Savicevic upon hearing Leo went to Inter responded by saying he never really liked him. Odd, as I always thought Leo was a very popular character.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 05:03   #167
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
btw, I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but Savicevic upon hearing Leo went to Inter responded by saying he never really liked him. Odd, as I always thought Leo was a very popular character.

That reminds me of his red card in WC1994. My love for Milan could make me let it pass, but my hate for Inter couldn't

Regardless of how intelligent a man is, he can't success without knowing about controlling his temper.

People like Maldini & Costacusta are rare.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 15:53   #168
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Please Leo stop proving you are a better coach then Allegri.

You are ****ing killing me.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:18   #169
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post

How is Leo proving this? Yes he's winning matches, but Inter look more vulnerable than ever (barring the Rafa episode), despite pretty much having a full strength squad. We need to focus on ourselves, recover key players that we're missing and regain our form. I'm convinced that this coming week is hugely important as Pirlo will rejoin the group and others like Rino will regain full match fitness. I also believe Boateng will soon be back which is very important for us.
Old 07-02-2011, 16:39   #170
OCmilano

Quote:
How is Leo proving this? Yes he's winning matches, but Inter look more vulnerable than ever (barring the Rafa episode), despite pretty much having a full strength squad. We need to focus on ourselves, recover key players that we're missing and regain our form. I'm convinced that this coming week is hugely important as Pirlo will rejoin the group and others like Rino will regain full match fitness. I also believe Boateng will soon be back which is very important for us.

Proving? The guy is catching up to us with his new team. Please Im really sick of us using this injury excuse. How is inter in the hunt when Julio Ceasar was out for so long, Lucio, sneijder, samuel, etc etc etc.

And I dont mind if we win all our games with scores of 3-2, 5-4 etc as long as we win. Yes they are getting scored on a lot but they are still WINNING.

Come on guys as fans we support but when we have a right to be frustrated we have a right too.
Old 07-02-2011, 17:04   #171
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Proving? The guy is catching up to us with his new team. Please Im really sick of us using this injury excuse. How is inter in the hunt when Julio Ceasar was out for so long, Lucio, sneijder, samuel, etc etc etc.

And I dont mind if we win all our games with scores of 3-2, 5-4 etc as long as we win. Yes they are getting scored on a lot but they are still WINNING.

Come on guys as fans we support but when we have a right to be frustrated we have a right too.
They had injuries, they were far behind, we have injuries, we let them come back ... as simple as that !!

Our players are going to be back one by one and we should improve again, so as long as we are at the top of the table, Inter can win any games they want ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 20:29   #172
OCmilano

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
They had injuries, they were far behind, we have injuries, we let them come back ... as simple as that !!

Our players are going to be back one by one and we should improve again, so as long as we are at the top of the table, Inter can win any games they want ...
Perfect. Then we will win this year. I'll stop stressing out.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12   #173
ACMILAN1983

Quote:

Geotav put the injuries problem into perspective very well. It really is pretty simple and we just need our players back to regain the continuity we had in the first half of the season. For now, it's important to remember we are still in control of our destiny, which is very important.

About Inter leaking goals, as long as they keep winning, this is great for them. However, the fact they concede so much means they are vulnerable, and I won't be surprised if sooner or later that problem comes back to haunt them. It's also worth remembering that historically solid teams often go on to win trophies.

There is cause for concern given how much we've conceded our lead in recent weeks, but a little time (and I really don't think it'll take long now) should be enough for us to get back to our standards.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49   #174
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Geotav put the injuries problem into perspective very well. It really is pretty simple and we just need our players back to regain the continuity we had in the first half of the season. For now, it's important to remember we are still in control of our destiny, which is very important.

About Inter leaking goals, as long as they keep winning, this is great for them. However, the fact they concede so much means they are vulnerable, and I won't be surprised if sooner or later that problem comes back to haunt them. It's also worth remembering that historically solid teams often go on to win trophies.

There is cause for concern given how much we've conceded our lead in recent weeks, but a little time (and I really don't think it'll take long now) should be enough for us to get back to our standards.
And we can also add another problem (linked with their defensive weakness): when they lead a game, they seem unable to control it even when there is a 2 goal margin or more, each time it happened, they gave a chance to their opponent to score and come back in the game ...

I recall you that for example, Roma had a red card, conceded these goals, and then Inter let them play and believe they could come back !! It looks like a usual problem since Leonardo arrived as their coach.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:36   #175
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
And we can also add another problem (linked with their defensive weakness): when they lead a game, they seem unable to control it even when there is a 2 goal margin or more, each time it happened, they gave a chance to their opponent to score and come back in the game ...

I recall you that for example, Roma had a red card, conceded these goals, and then Inter let them play and believe they could come back !! It looks like a usual problem since Leonardo arrived as their coach.
Very true, they surrender leads too frequently (we've been similar in recent weeks). Let's not forget Inter are weak at set pieces.

They have problems too, but results are going their way of late.
Old 08-02-2011, 15:22   #176
drucurl

Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:

+1
Allegri seems to be WASTING the tremendous resources he has right now. Indeed the injuries to crucial players is taking its toll but we shouldn't need world class teams to beat some of the opponents we've faced.

Allegri might have done some good work in the defense but our attack is very disjointed in the latter half of the final third...i.e. ASIDE from our midfield problems. Much of this is Allegri's failure to get Pato and iHomo to gel as well as the duck's regressing (imho) under him due to Allegri so obviously structuring Milan for Ibra. Has ANYBODY EVER seen Pato play as poor as under Allegri...the kid looks to barely be able to pass of late (last game aside).

In a sense Allegri could be forgiven for playing to Ibra's strengths (i.e. like Inter ) as it has gotten us to the top but Ronaldinho (don't believe the "he wasn't training" nonsense) and I fear Pato might become casualties from this system. Also the ruthless way he dealt with Papa and Yepes makes me wonder how good his PR skills are. The latter two only got to play after all other options have been exhausted and to me they don't look half bad.

Seeing Leo a printer coach is heartbreaking but I don't harbour any ill will to him....he was practically thrown there by Berlusconi
Old 08-02-2011, 16:36   #177
jovola

Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
Leo didn't spit on Berlusconi but on Milan AC, and those are, as much as some of you still don't get it, two completely different things. And Allegri is a man who I would give two seasons in the club to measure his results. So stop whining like pu**ies and start being the men like AC supporters should be.
Old 08-02-2011, 17:43   #178
drucurl

Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovola View Post
Leo didn't spit on Berlusconi but on Milan AC, and those are, as much as some of you still don't get it, two completely different things. And Allegri is a man who I would give two seasons in the club to measure his results. So stop whining like pu**ies and start being the men like AC supporters should be.
LOLZ while you're at it remember to s#!h on Carlo, Kaká and Capello for doing the same

Leo was fired because Berlu didn't agree with his methods...imagine if Leo had half the FANTASY squad this dull witted coach now has...We'd be a pleasure to watch. I can't believe I FALL asleep for so many matches of MY own team...the last time that happened so much was whenever I watched a Mourinho chel$ki game. I feel bad about sleeping on the team I support but it's not so much my fault as the paint drying football with an utterly clueless attack that Allegri loves to play. I fear he's not suited to coaching at the highest level...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:51   #179
jovola

Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
Why, are they joining merda to