AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think Milan will face next round?
Barcelona 2 20.00%
Chelsea 0 0%
Manchester United 1 10.00%
Schalke 4 40.00%
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 0%
Bayern Munich 1 10.00%
Tottenham Hotspur 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-12-2010, 15:03   #61
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
so far so good. as long as they don't pull a Galatasaray or Fenerbahce, I am happy.
I wasn't here then...what happened ??
Old 17-12-2010, 16:41   #62
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
You seriously don't want to know.

But agreed, the Spurs fans so far have been respectful, and I take my hats off to them. I like my forums nice, objective and friendly, thank you very much.

The biggest disadvantage I think they have is that English teams don't get a winter break, leaving them prone to a dip in form, and injuries, in the early parts of the year. Man U last season was an exception because they had nearly their entire defense injured in the early parts of the season, only to have everyone come back and pick up form when it mattered most, whilst our defense was quite in tatters during the same period (Either no Silva, or no Nesta, and no backup as well...) and our forwards last term weren't scoring much at all (Again, Pathinho was out for one and a half of the two legs, Borri didn't make the cut).

I expect things to be different this term with our newly found depth, and our younger starting defense and more energetic midfield.

That said, much respect to Spurs, as I really don't find this an easy fixture, given they have their first 11 available and in form, come Feb. Form can change so easily, and I just hope we can stay as consistent and injury-free as we are now.

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato

Last edited by Ryo; 17-12-2010 at 16:43.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 16:57   #63
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Galatasaray - at the early years of this forum, around 2000 to 2002
Fenerbahce - 2005, I believe

those turks had no mercy trashing our forum.
Old 17-12-2010, 17:22   #64
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Galatasaray - at the early years of this forum, around 2000 to 2002
Fenerbahce - 2005, I believe

those turks had no mercy trashing our forum.
Ahh the good old days, I was only a reader back then...but i remember vividly those member and the stories...also KOKU the Man Utd guy gets a honorable mention.

EDIT: Since we are giving appreciation to members from other teams . i would like to give a special thank yout to TONY 29...the Juve guy who secretly was in love with MILAN...he was a great guy and great poster to this Forum.

Last edited by kastriot; 17-12-2010 at 17:27.
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 17:47   #65
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
I too was reading this forum on and off (mostly the latter) back then but I certainly remember Koku and Tony29. And while we're at it, a certain Karim comes to mind. Another respected member here who sadly made the wrong choice of supporting the blue half of Milan
Old 17-12-2010, 20:01   #66
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
that Koku guy was amazing. you can count on him showing up at the forum whenever ManU played us (05, 07, last season). annoying at times, but I certainly don't mind having him around.

Tony29 was purely a gem - I agree that he is secretly in love with Milan ; Karim to a lesser extent, but an asset to this forum in my opinion. Also, wasn't there a Juve fan girl named "Del Piero" or something?
Old 17-12-2010, 20:24   #67
mihan

mihan is on a distinguished road
Hmm, now I seem like the off topic one. Without underestimating an opponent, I have no mood to show too much respect to them. No matter who advance, this duel will be history as soon as it finishes. What I really don't wanna see is last years Milan-Utd., that neither team looked alive and be able to advance to the final. It felt somewhat worse than Lacoruna & Liverpool.
mihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 23:22   #68
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
maybe we should post this on a tottenham facebook page so we can get a few new bashers in here, and liven this tie up!
Old 18-12-2010, 00:40   #69
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Is it just me thinking that Milan's defense has been extremely good for the past month? We have conceded... 3 goals - 2 against Ajax (which was an atrocious game) and 1 against Sampdoria.

That's pretty impressive imho.

Last edited by Jeff; 18-12-2010 at 00:40. Reason: ...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 01:29   #70
nasescoba1985

nasescoba1985 is on a distinguished road
Hello, Thanks for reading my first post and for the decent replys. I just felt some of you AC MIILAN fans on here were underestimating us and showing a lack of respect hence why i wrote my post on here. But in all most of you lot on here are decent and know it will be a tough game. Like i said you have every rite to be confident being the more experienced champions league side but just respect that we come a long way and we have had a superb champions league campaign even though so many people wrote us off before.... Look forward to contunue debating with you Milan fans. By the way are you where are you Milan fans from on this forum? Just be interested to know. Because obviously Milan being the huge club you are you might not all be from italy
nasescoba1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 02:41   #71
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Is it just me thinking that Milan's defense has been extremely good for the past month? We have conceded... 3 goals - 2 against Ajax (which was an atrocious game) and 1 against Sampdoria.

That's pretty impressive imho.
Its just you Jeff

Though I agree with you, I still think the reason behind this is the change in formation or the way we play. We are seriously playing like a unit. We used to be the best in the world at some point but never played as a unit. Maybe when we go forward we are too depended on Binho and Ibra, but defensively u can not take anything from anyone.If you watch closely you`ll see that we have not allowed any team to play us or risk us let alone score against us.

And if anything went past nesta and tiago, the amazing abbiati just stopped it,and I mean penalties too
Old 18-12-2010, 03:43   #72
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
AM I the only one who is dying for the match up of Gouch VS Crouch!!!!!!
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 03:49   #73
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
AM I the only one who is dying for the match up of Gouch VS Crouch!!!!!!
If we believe the rumours, Gouch will be far from Milan in few days/weeks ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 04:46   #74
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
They will keep him just for Crouch.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 09:01   #75
Redrup

Redrup is on a distinguished road
Hello Milan fans,

Just wanted to register here in preparation for match discussion over the coming months.

I'm really looking forward to our matches against your team. I'm planning to attend the away leg at the San Siro, so maybe I'll see a few of you there without realising it. Obviously I'm hopeful of a win, but I can't really call it either way at the moment. We'll have a much better idea of team form when February rolls around.

Just out of curiosity, who are your usual starting midfielders now? I am assuming Robinho has ousted Ronny on the left, with Pato playing on the right (when fit), but who are the usual trio in the centre now? I imagine it has changed a lot since I last watched your team.
Redrup is offline   Reply With Quote