AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 31-01-2011, 18:22   #1
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Summer Mercato 2011

Now that the Winter Mercato has closed, its time to move on to the Summer Mercato. In the last year we have signed no fewer than 11 players. This revolution is expected to continue in the summer as we have about 8 contracts expiring: Nesta, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Jankulovski, Inzaghi, Prince, Amelia, Van Bommel, and now Legrotagglie.

In January, we sold Ronaldinho for 3m and saved 8m of wages and we got Vila, Cassano, Van Bommel, Emanuelson, and Legrotagglie all for about a total of 10m (wages included).

The next month we will see which players will get their contracts renewed. It will also give us an idea of how much we are going to spend next summer. To be fairly honest, despite all this crazy revolution we've had, Milan has not spent a great deal from their pockets since the summer. It's about time Berlusconi gives us a decent enough transfer kitty for the magician Galliani to work with.

Next summer will definitely be about one certain player the entire rossoneri fans will be wishing for...... Summer of 2011 will be about
GANSO

Rumors have flown around that we have signed already Constant, Astori, Marchetti and Lucas Marcelinho (very interesting prospoect) for next season.

Forza Milan and let the revolution begin.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 18:47   #2
Russo-Neri

Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think people are becoming a little too enthusiastic about the summer mercato. Milan have developed a habit of not spending much money and we already have 24 million earmarked for Ibra's permanent move (which will be offset by Borriello's sale @ 10 million). That's 14 million right there which will be a huge chunk of what Galliani will be given to spend. That's why I'm not holding my breath for a player like Ganso. He'll cost more than what I imagine we'll have to spend.

But I agree, the next month will be quite telling on what Milan's strategy will be. Who will be given new contracts, who won't? Janku has already said he's gone. Hopefully the sentiment of Berlu on the part of our senatori won't mean he'll do something stupid like sign everyone back because they are "champions" and deserve to end their careers in milan.

Last edited by Russo-Neri; 31-01-2011 at 18:53.
Russo-Neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 18:56   #3
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think people are becoming a little too enthusiastic about the summer mercato. Milan have developed a habit of not spending much money and we already have 24 million earmarked for Ibra's permanent move (which will be offset by Borriello's sale @ 10 million). 1
Well, I think the last two mercatos showed that Galliani and co are working on building a new team slowly but efficiently ... It's why we/I think, with the help of Allegri who sees what misses in the team, that they will buy some missing parts to our team.

A real attacking midfielder is what we need nowadays, because Boateng isn't a real one (but thanks to his work rate, he did well), neither is Robinho (same, the work rate helps him). We need that kind of player who is able to be between the lines and is able to be available for his partners, a link between the midfield and the attack ... Oh, and without forgetting to mention that with a guy like Ganso coming (or another AM), Boateng can play as a central midfielder again. So buying one AM would give us two more solutions instead of one.

Then of course, our management needs to fix our problems in defence (each season, one or two guys get an injury at the worst moment, and among them, there is often Nesta, it's almost become usual, unfortunately ...) and improve it by buying a great RB or a great LB. Given the last performances of both Abate and Antonini, I'd say "let's go for a LB and let's give another year of development to Abate" ... and it could suit to the rumours: Criscito, Coentrao and other potential targets are LBs, not RBs.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:09   #4
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
OK than let this thread be the official SUMMER MERCATO thread....if its a bad one it on you Hitman.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18   #5
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
OK than let this thread be the official SUMMER MERCATO thread....if its a bad one it on you Hitman.

I just saw Hitmann created the winter mercato thread too, maybe he gives us luck ?!

Anyway, I saw we're linked again with Cissokho from Lyon (the man who once had weird teeth) ... I'm not sure we need a guy like him. Last year, he needed some months to start to perform well in Lyon, and this season, he's been average, and lately, he has been very bad !! I'm serious, very bad ...

So let's let this guy in France and let's concentrate on real targets, please Galliani, don't start the next mercato with a mistake !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:27   #6
kastriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post

I just saw Hitmann created the winter mercato thread too, maybe he gives us luck ?!

Anyway, I saw we're linked again with Cissokho from Lyon (the man who once had weird teeth) ... I'm not sure we need a guy like him. Last year, he needed some months to start to perform well in Lyon, and this season, he's been average, and lately, he has been very bad !! I'm serious, very bad ...

So let's let this guy in France and let's concentrate on real targets, please Galliani, don't start the next mercato with a mistake !!
I can`t help but feel we miss out on the Japanese left back...he was widely impressive bot in Seria A and especially in Asian Cup...and was really cheap.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:31   #7
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can`t help but feel we miss out on the Japanese left back...he was widely impressive bot in Seria A and especially in Asian Cup...and was really cheap.
But he wasn't handsome enough , we are AC Milan afterall ...I hear you Kastriot but sh1t happens...Maybe Vila will be a Maicon of LB.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:58   #8
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How do you know he is really cheap? Inter only loan him right? Any info about how much cost the loan and if there is option to buy the player for Inter (and for how much money)?

Thanks before.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04   #9
kastriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
How do you know he is really cheap? Inter only loan him right? Any info about how much cost the loan and if there is option to buy the player for Inter (and for how much money)?

Thanks before.
Well apparently the option to buy him was set at 4 mil. Cessena bought him for 1.2 mil
Old 01-02-2011, 06:15   #10
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
let me say i support this thread
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38   #11
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Next year we'll have a younger & stronger squad.

Allegri doesn't depend too much on the senators and his style requests movement.

I'm looking forward to Summer Mercato but enjoying watching the team now.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13   #12
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
good thread. Hitmannq8 is on fire recently.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:48   #13
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
Nesta's contract should renewed but with lower amount. Boateng is imporant and different element for our squad, his contract should be renewed. i think Amelia will leave if we sign Marchetti as reserve GK. (Honestly i'd rather to have Sirugu or Handanovic yet Marchetti looks decent option so i wont complain)

Jankulovski will return to homeland, Legro and Van Bommel shouldnt be renewed if you aske me. Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini, lets look ahead, renew who deserves it but with lower wages, also small term contracts...

Regarding reinforcements, indeed Lucas is an interesting proscpect, then Constant looked to me a fairly good player, would be good addition to our squad. Marchetti is decent as vice GK. However Astori is not enough for CB spot, i'd rather to go for Mexes, who is free agent next season. its likely transfer for us considering we need a solid Cb and his free agent, as you know Galliani's freebies love.

Then, Lets focus on world class signings, Ganso, Left wing back(Coentraro), Jucieli. we have room for signing 2-3 world class players, Ganso, Coentraro and Jucilei...
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01   #14
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac View Post
However Astori is not enough for CB spot, i'd rather to go for Mexes, who is free agent next season. its likely transfer for us considering we need a solid Cb and his free agent, as you know Galliani's freebies love.
We all know Galliani has had a thing for Mexes for years now...could it be hair related?
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:03   #15
kastriot

Galliani will not miss on Mexes,i`m 100% sure. His just playing it right not to upset Roma( he and Rosella Sensi are good friends). I don`t think when it comes to Milan(champion) or Roma (not even secured 4th place) mexes will chose Roma.

If we get Mexes for free, with additional 60 mil (which is reasonable) we can get 2-3 great player to add to our existing ones to be great again. However i`m not sure how will Galliani consider the 24 mil invested in Ibra which should be payed this season.???!!!!