AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 25-12-2010, 17:11   #76
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Of all the tributes to Paolo the one I remember the most vividly is, ironically, the banner that the Inter fans unveiled: 'Per 20 anni nostro rivale, ma nella vita sempre leale'. For 20 years our opponent, but in life always loyal.

Damn, of all the people I could learn the meaning of respect from I learned it the best possible way from Interisti. Can you imagine that? I call them Merda all the time but for once, I think they have more class than us. By us I mean Milanisti including those a**holes present on Paolo's last game

Now, we all know how his relationship with Milan ended. I understand the disappointment, even bitterness in all of you --well, except one who seemed to take Leo's decision a bit too personally but that's okay --but this is exactly what I'll do. Leo is our opponent on the field now therefore he and his club deserve no mercy. But off the field he has my respect and gratitude, at least because of those 13 years.

Last edited by Nalx; 25-12-2010 at 17:21.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 20:57   #77
sheva-gila

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Of all the tributes to Paolo the one I remember the most vividly is, ironically, the banner that the Inter fans unveiled: 'Per 20 anni nostro rivale, ma nella vita sempre leale'. For 20 years our opponent, but in life always loyal.

Damn, of all the people I could learn the meaning of respect from I learned it the best possible way from Interisti. Can you imagine that? I call them Merda all the time but for once, I think they have more class than us. By us I mean Milanisti including those a**holes present on Paolo's last game

Now, we all know how his relationship with Milan ended. I understand the disappointment, even bitterness in all of you --well, except one who seemed to take Leo's decision a bit too personally but that's okay --but this is exactly what I'll do. Leo is our opponent on the field now therefore he and his club deserve no mercy. But off the field he has my respect and gratitude, at least because of those 13 years.

what?

who cares for leo as long we lead seria a and win the scudeto this year and on, this is nothing more than moratti's revenge after we got ibra also balotteli is on his way to milan, for now this revenge is helped by leo so he only has my respect for the past but there is no respect for him any more

sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 04:44   #78
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila View Post
what?

who cares for leo as long we lead seria a and win the scudeto this year and on, this is nothing more than moratti's revenge after we got ibra also balotteli is on his way to milan, for now this revenge is helped by leo so he only has my respect for the past but there is no respect for him any more
Agree. People can use the reason of Leo's decision is professional. Ok, if he is only a coach BUT he was our player, our scout (director) and our former coach. Pirlo's move from Inter to Milan or vise versa is still logic and acceptable since the player didn't take special place on the club's fans' heart. But not like certain players or certain coaches. If professorial is to be the reason, then it is very normal that Maldini or Franco Baresi moves to Inter as player when they were reaching age of 30 after serving with Milan for more than 10 years. It is also normal to see Galliani change employer to Moratti after successful journey with Milan. IT'S NOT. Fortunately we also know there is a thing called LOYALTY existing in football world.

If Leo wants to coach, to improve his experience there were options that are not worse than Inter's one. Brasil's coach spot (if the news was true) was one of the option. English club could be also considered. But an offer just realized one day before Christmas from Inter who were fed up with what Milan did especially recent transfer, Ibra's move, just shows how Leo wants to take revenge for Milan (for Belusconi actually). All knows that Inter wants to take Kaka but they failed. Unfortunately there is a personal called Leonardo. He used his own anger towards Berlusconi (by take a revenge to him) to mock the whole Milan attributes especially Milan fans. A person like this doesn't reserve the right to get a respect from Milan fans.

No respect for Leonardo (actually the respect ended a couple of days a go ). He did nothing to Milan. He was payed when he played, scouted and coached in Milan.
Old 26-12-2010, 07:05   #79
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
There is this ideal world and then there's the real world we all live in. That's what I've learned from Kaka's saga who coincided with Paolo's retirement. If you want to cling to the good old days of loyalty, be my guest. But in this modern football, chances are you're gonna be disappointed most of the time.

So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

I've already said that on the field it's an altogether different thing but since I don't know Leo in person (and neither any of you I believe), why should I disrespect him off the field? Because he betrayed Milan? LOL. Did he signed the contract took the money then off to Inter? Oh, and did Berlu show him any respect with all those comments while Leo was still in charge? Is that how you treat someone who's been working for/with you the last 13 years?

Zlatan is another good example of professionalism. Where were you with your bleeding heart about loyalty when he scores for us this season? Isn't this the same Zlatan who's been succesfully kicking our a** with Juve and Inter? Will you still respect him when he moves to other club once his contract is over? Double standard!

Leo did what was expected of him according to the contract. In the end both parties weren't satisfied with each other and mutually consented to rescind the contract. Any kind of contractual obligation stopped right there and then. Any kind of moral obligation too stopped the days Berlu openly shared his pearl of wisdom. End of story.
Old 26-12-2010, 08:37   #80
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is this ideal world and then there's the real world we all live in. That's what I've learned from Kaka's saga who coincided with Paolo's retirement. If you want to cling to the good old days of loyalty, be my guest. But in this modern football, chances are you're gonna be disappointed most of the time.

So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

I've already said that on the field it's an altogether different thing but since I don't know Leo in person (and neither any of you I believe), why should I disrespect him off the field? Because he betrayed Milan? LOL. Did he signed the contract took the money then off to Inter? Oh, and did Berlu show him any respect with all those comments while Leo was still in charge? Is that how you treat someone who's been working for/with you the last 13 years?

Zlatan is another good example of professionalism. Where were you with your bleeding heart about loyalty when he scores for us this season? Isn't this the same Zlatan who's been succesfully kicking our a** with Juve and Inter? Will you still respect him when he moves to other club once his contract is over? Double standard!

Leo did what was expected of him according to the contract. In the end both parties weren't satisfied with each other and mutually consented to rescind the contract. Any kind of contractual obligation stopped right there and then. Any kind of moral obligation too stopped the days Berlu openly shared his pearl of wisdom. End of story.
I wasn`t sure how I was supposed to feel after Leo signing with Inter. Bu I think Nalx summed it up for me perfectly. I agree with everything you have said.I think in these cases its hard not to be subjective, but this post is as objective as it can be.

Will he go down as one of MIlan`s most loyal individuals, most probably not. However, nobody can argue that he has been extremely influential in our later successful history,both on and off the pitch, and solely on that he has my respect for life.

I will change my avatar though. Now that Leo is gone, our future captain deserves the spot
Old 26-12-2010, 09:13   #81
Karim

Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
For the Kaka part, let me assure you there is no special urge or need for him since his position is already filled with another star and another potential in Wesley and Coutinho, but the rumors keep on going since it will be another insult to Milan but hey come on it will be a useless "waste" of money (I am using waste in another sense!!) since we already have money problems

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 11:52   #82
totti_jonaid

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Buffon.
totti_jonaid is an unknown quantity at this point
It's sad to see Leo getting the Inter job after all his years with AC Milan. He has not committed a crime but the guy has lost his integrity at least in the Rossoneri circle.

Even if Kaka were to join Inter I would never question his integrity because he spend What? 6 years that also only as a player in Milan. But in Leo's case he has spent 14 years as player, scout, coach and management in Milan. He could have kept his integrity by signing for any other club in Italy but not Inter Leo?

I will still admire Leo for the winning mentality and the positive and fearless attitude he brings to the game. Good Luck Leo! may you succeed as Inter's manager by not getting in the way of AC Milan and the titles.
totti_jonaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 12:19   #83
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Oh well, I guess no one heard my opinion here. Shame on you.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 14:07   #84
Siregar

Quote:
That's true, we live in real world. There are lot of betrayers and but there is also loyal people even not many.

Quote:
Yes, that's why only special player got special treatment. Other than that, we forget them after they worked for us. Not more than that.

Quote:
There is no correlation between 'took money' with loyalty. Absolute no correlation.
Berlu did something bad towards him BUT not Milan. It's different. Fans have special position of him in their feeling toward supporting Milan. But he used his self revenge towards Berlusconi just to mock Milan as a whole team from President to fans.

Well, I respect him as human. Why should I care about his 13 years working with Milan? Loyalty doesn't know length of time if at the end one thing spoiled the whole of time. Maldini won't be treated as hero if he played for Inter at the end of his playing's year. You got special treatment if you make special thing. You make general thing that people can do, why should you get a special treatment? No way! I respect him as human but not as football, coach or so. He is officially Merda. Sorry. People should even hate him more than Merda club, president and fans since they show what kind of people they are and they are loyal with their character.

Quote:
Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.

Quote:
Of course. No one denied what you said. I will make it harder: WHAT LEO DID IS NOT ILLEGAL!!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL. But loyalty is different. It not an exact thing that is stated in a paper and people need to sign him to be loyal. No. Nothing to with contract and rules.
Old 26-12-2010, 14:26   #85
Maltese Charlie

Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes I agree with you on this paragraph that anything more is a bonus, but it works on both sides.

Leonardo was very loyal only when he was under contract, and so am I.
I gave him my full support while he was loyal to the club I support.

Maldini, Baresi, Rivera.......etc gave us (the supporters) the bonus and we are obliged to do the same.

Rivera was a vice president of Milan and when Berlusconi bought the club fired him, even politically were divided and still remained faithfull to the supporters.

Last season during the last game at San Siro the supporters sided Leonardo and showed lots of respect and affection during his conflict with Berlusconi, even that Berlusconi is the most person that contributed to Milan and is still doing.

And now they are paid back by this.
What Leonardo did is legally Right but morally Wrong.

Now I feel that the best thing to do to repay him for his action is to IGNORE HIM completely.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 14:30   #86
Maltese Charlie

Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Sinegar, I did not read your post before I posted.

Agree 100% with your post.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 02:24   #87
Tony75

Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
A ship lost at sea will take any port, even one full of rats.
Old 27-12-2010, 04:31   #88
Siregar

“I thought it nice for the fans to spend Christmas knowing the name of their Coach. It seemed to me a good present for them and the supporters certainly deserve it,” Moratti told the Corriere dello Sport. [football-italia]

Thank you Leo to be Merda's present. You are scum, just like Merda members.
Old 27-12-2010, 06:36   #89
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 07:10   #90
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
He is the coach of Inter, get over it guys. Call him whatever you want bc it is ones opinion. U can say he betrayed Milan......but to me he just took a great offer. And as of now have not done anything to hurt Milan. However, if he starts asking players like T Silva or Pato to join him in Milan and causes problems with Milan then he is a true traitor.

To me I think it is great to have a good coach leading a strong team in Serie A, as the league is really crap. You might say it is competitive, but it is only bc the teams aint high levels. in order for a stronger League, good/modern coaches are needed as much as talented players. Don't get me wrong, I love Milan beating Inter, but I would rather beat a great Inter than a crap Inter.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote