Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 17:27   #76
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
I think having Pato as 4th striker is ridiculous. He should be 1st.

He should be, but for now, that's the truth. Ibra, Cass & Binho possess the wit he doesn't.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 21:15   #77
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
We all are waiting for Pato to take that step and we all need him to be the first striker, but why give it to him if he plays like he's not interested like last game? We all know he should be the first striker, but that little spoiled brat is not putting no effort in, and is psychologically weak and can't seem to handle the pressure (unlike before). Either the kid wants to play or he doesn't understand football, both of those reasons are unacceptable.

That being said, we all support Pato if he puts in the effort and doesn't play well - that would be totally fine by anyone - but he's not doing anything for us to fight for his case. No effort, no brain, no passion, no dribble, no cross - the kid is seriously getting worse I don't even understand how's that possible when he's only 21. It is obvious that it is all because his mental approach to the game, and so far he has only produced one great first half vs Samp in the Coppa Italia, and we haven't seen anything close to that in a long time (even vs Udinese where he scored two goals I did not think his performance was good).

And no I am not a Pato-hater as some people call me, I just am pissed off why one of my favorite players keeps letting me down every time I watch a game just to see him play. I fell in love with the kid after his debut and have been liking him more and more in his first season....but after that - it's like the player is regressing.

Hopefully, the kid will get back on track and by starting him game after game IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY. He has to fight his way back, and thankfully, at the moment we have a great player like Cassano to take his place and not someone like Huntelaar.

Forza Pato, but more importantly Forza Milan
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 21:34   #78
payne

Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
I think having Pato as 4th striker is ridiculous. He should be 1st.
your crazy bro, im very happy with ibra, anyone would be stupid to say ibra isnt first......i mean pato is good, but he is no Zlatan. i think for pato to succeed he needs to play beside ibra and not on the wing.

im not a coach or anything but i would play them in 4-3-2+robinho.......giving robinho the right to freeroam

for me it would be something like
(formation as players available now)

abate --yepes---silva----(the new spanish dude)
----MVB----------------urby]Robinho(where he plays as striker, but can go.....
-----------merkel-----------]Robinho.....into the midfield to help with ball......
-------Pato--------Ibra------]Robinho......rotation, its a very heavy workload, but i think he can do it)

and cassano comes on for merkel an between the 45-63 minute
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 00:51   #79
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
I also like Okaka a lot. He is a Roma player but on load to Bari, he is a Balotelli like.
i'm sure if you waited until after the Inter match yesterday, u wouldn't be saying that
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:09   #80
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
We all are waiting for Pato to take that step and we all need him to be the first striker, but why give it to him if he plays like he's not interested like last game? We all know he should be the first striker, but that little spoiled brat is not putting no effort in, and is psychologically weak and can't seem to handle the pressure (unlike before). Either the kid wants to play or he doesn't understand football, both of those reasons are unacceptable.

That being said, we all support Pato if he puts in the effort and doesn't play well - that would be totally fine by anyone - but he's not doing anything for us to fight for his case. No effort, no brain, no passion, no dribble, no cross - the kid is seriously getting worse I don't even understand how's that possible when he's only 21. It is obvious that it is all because his mental approach to the game, and so far he has only produced one great first half vs Samp in the Coppa Italia, and we haven't seen anything close to that in a long time (even vs Udinese where he scored two goals I did not think his performance was good).

And no I am not a Pato-hater as some people call me, I just am pissed off why one of my favorite players keeps letting me down every time I watch a game just to see him play. I fell in love with the kid after his debut and have been liking him more and more in his first season....but after that - it's like the player is regressing.

Hopefully, the kid will get back on track and by starting him game after game IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY. He has to fight his way back, and thankfully, at the moment we have a great player like Cassano to take his place and not someone like Huntelaar.

Forza Pato, but more importantly Forza Milan
You are being way to harsh on Pato. Seriously, to say he's not putting in the effort is going over the top, as he was tracking back much more frequently against Lazio and constantly looked to make himself available for the midfield.

His problem is clearly psychological, but it looks more to be about him being nervous on the pitch rather than not caring. Against Lazio every pass he made was to look for Ibra, and on the ball he never looked as assured as before.

I think what will help him a fair amount is actually getting Pirlo back. Pirlo is a natural leader with his playing style and he adds creativity. This will reduce the pressure on our attack to create, but I think Pirlo's approach to the game will benefit Pato because he'll have support from deeper areas and our game won't be reduced to "look for Ibra and wait for something to happen".
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:32   #81
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
Our midfield doesnt support attacking trio enough in the last games, we miss Pirlo yet we miss Prince Boateng as well. He was a good connection between Robinho, ibra and midfield. we lost it since then.

Flamini is good player, he moves to box, dynamic, he is trying to do something offensively yet his finishing is poor. vs Lazio his header miss, his 1 on 1 with GK miss. then he is not this kind of player. Emanuelson is good player, yet his finishing and last touches are not great either. Robinho as trequartista, sometimes he moves on the right is not the solution, as we should give him more freedoom. Overall, i think we lost the balance, the link between attack and midfield, was Boateng. Merkel could be that player. Our squad could be more solid and balanced Merkel as trequartista as he showed he has quality to do this.

Regarding Pato, Pato has to learn that he has to fight for his spot, otherwise he will lose it. yet Pato and ibra has to get on better on the pitch, lets just give time to them...
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:19   #82
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
You are being way to harsh on Pato. Seriously, to say he's not putting in the effort is going over the top, as he was tracking back much more frequently against Lazio and constantly looked to make himself available for the midfield.

His problem is clearly psychological, but it looks more to be about him being nervous on the pitch rather than not caring. Against Lazio every pass he made was to look for Ibra, and on the ball he never looked as assured as before.

I think what will help him a fair amount is actually getting Pirlo back. Pirlo is a natural leader with his playing style and he adds creativity. This will reduce the pressure on our attack to create, but I think Pirlo's approach to the game will benefit Pato because he'll have support from deeper areas and our game won't be reduced to "look for Ibra and wait for something to happen".
I think we need the come back of players like Pirlo and Nesta who are leaders, but soft leaders, they will support the partner instead of criticizing him ... Ibra is very important for us, our most important player, but I don't want him to become our natural leader. So even Ambrosini is welcome, he has to come back as fast as possible too !!

With the "oldies" back and rotating, Ibra will have to shut up a little and focus on his play and only that ...

It's the way I see that. Our last team was completely new, the player who spent the most time in Milan was Abb who is not a leader, Oddo who is not a leader in Milan (and Ibra was upset because of his crosses), and then Antonini, Thiago and Flamini, none of them is a charismatic leader.

Some people might wonder why Robinho isn't really touched by the critics of Ibra on the pitch ... I think it's because Robinho has more experience, he played in dirty clubs (Real, Man City), and he probably doesn't care, focussing on his own game.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:32   #83
Filipéz 182

Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO Ibra should cool down a bit sometimes, Milan is a team and its not only him, though he has been very important for us.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:23   #84
SkyEdge

Fave Players: Batistuta, Maradona, Shevchenko, Leonardo, Inzaghi
SkyEdge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac View Post
The english's market values are very high compared to italians... Even Non eu status effects many things..
Precisely.. it tells u alot when garbage like Andy Carrol and a Crocked Torres cost 35M and 50M respectively..
SkyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54   #85
LebRN

Cannot agree more with Dev, Geo, & Filipez

on some other notes:

how pathetic is Rafa??? he surely was the perfect coach for Inter, shame he's gone
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...th-70m-insists

and this is the Chivu punch for those who missed it:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/3194/vid...is-marco-rossi
Old 04-02-2011, 08:36   #86
LebRN

oh and Chivu got a 4-match ban for that
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35   #87
fLame

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
4 games ban seems soft despite the apology.

This really deserved a ban for 10 games or even till the end of the season.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:57   #88
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I think we need the come back of players like Pirlo and Nesta who are leaders, but soft leaders, they will support the partner instead of criticizing him ... Ibra is very important for us, our most important player, but I don't want him to become our natural leader. So even Ambrosini is welcome, he has to come back as fast as possible too !!

With the "oldies" back and rotating, Ibra will have to shut up a little and focus on his play and only that ...

It's the way I see that. Our last team was completely new, the player who spent the most time in Milan was Abb who is not a leader, Oddo who is not a leader in Milan (and Ibra was upset because of his crosses), and then Antonini, Thiago and Flamini, none of them is a charismatic leader.

Some people might wonder why Robinho isn't really touched by the critics of Ibra on the pitch ... I think it's because Robinho has more experience, he played in dirty clubs (Real, Man City), and he probably doesn't care, focussing on his own game.
Exactly part of my thoughts. Ibra does respect the dressing room hierarchy, and he's an important leader (you can't always have soft leadership), but as others have said (including myself), we need him to use his head more as to when it's best to shout at teammates.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 15:45   #89
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
too be honest without ibra this season we wouldnt get very far. as much as our veterans deserve the captains armband like ambro gattuso or seedorf i have to say the real leader this season has been ibra.. everytime he steps up his game the whole team does, hes scored so many CRUCIAL goals i cant even count them up and assists. robinho, although not so recognizable as a crucial part of the team is also, his positioning, movement on and off the ball really plays a huge role in our overall play, boatengs energy was a big part to lets not forget he never stops running nor trying his hardest. pato has the talent to surpass everyone at milan right now, even the ibra himself but its hard. he needs time, hes 21 guys. he has 4 years before i expect anything really special from him.. he still shouldnt be sold though under any circumstances and no matter what we should definitely buy ganso too.
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 17:33   #90
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebRN View Post
oh and Chivu got a 4-match ban for that
How badly would you love to see this Face Off:

Gattuso, Boateng, Sokratis, Ibra & Van Bommel

Vs.

Matrix, Chivu, Lucio, Pandev & Stankovic