AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think Milan will face next round?
Barcelona 2 20.00%
Chelsea 0 0%
Manchester United 1 10.00%
Schalke 4 40.00%
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 0%
Bayern Munich 1 10.00%
Tottenham Hotspur 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 12:47   #151
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Ambrosini will miss this clash. He is out for about 2 months (official).

Pirlo and Nesta (2nd leg) should be there.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:51   #152
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
2 Months?!
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 23:47   #153
karimo

karimo is on a distinguished road
how about boeteng?
karimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:53   #154
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I don't think Boateng will be ready for the first leg.

Today, Gattuso, Seedorf, Bonera, and Pirlo trained with the group. They should all be available.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59   #155
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
That's very good news. We desperately NEED THESE PEOPLE.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:52   #156
IndaUK (Spurs)

IndaUK (Spurs) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
vs Blackburn? few of you expected to win? really? man, you're in CL last 16 and not expecting to win against Blackburn? really?
Yes. Really.

We were thrashed 4-0 the game before.
We were playing away.
Injuries (I know, I can't keep using that excuse forever).
We have an equal amount of wins, loses and draws against them over the last 10 years.

It was seen as a good win. There aren't any games we see as "definite wins".

Last 16? Yeah and we're lovin' it.
IndaUK (Spurs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11   #157
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndaUK (Spurs) View Post
Yes. Really.

We were thrashed 4-0 the game before.
We were playing away.
Injuries (I know, I can't keep using that excuse forever).
We have an equal amount of wins, loses and draws against them over the last 10 years.

It was seen as a good win. There aren't any games we see as "definite wins".

Last 16? Yeah and we're lovin' it.
I will go your way by recalling to ZvonimirBoban that we didn't beat Lazio (whole team defending) and Udinese (counter attacking team) at home, as well as not beating Lecce (very average team) away ... And we're in the last 16 of the CL.

And regarding our game in Genoa, I hope and think we're going to win (Genoa is not a real team and they're in a poor form), but I'm not that confident given our last results ...

CL and the league are too different to be compared ... If the form in the league was the form showed in CL, Liverpool would never have won in 2005 and would never have been in the 2007 final (and the same can be said for us in 2007).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:59   #158
patos older bro

Fave Players: ibra pato pirlo
patos older bro is on a distinguished road
some team's seem to have tht CL mentality like us (or at least we used to have)man u byaern munchen and liverpool.to be honest i wud rather win the league.the champions league's been boring the last few years (probably due to the boring english team's dominating)I think they should think about making some kind of league for the elite club's of europe.i think it would be more entertianing and a fair reflection of who the best team of europe is .
patos older bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 17:56   #159
benson (Spurs)

benson (Spurs) is on a distinguished road
I find it quite funny how you are judging how the game will go on the performance against Fulham. As i'm sure your aware we finished top of our champion league group, which you failed to do. We obviously have no fear in coming to the San Siro, and ultimately we have the easier task as Spurs are the underdogs. There is a great expectation that with our injury hit defence and Milan's impressive strike force that it will be a very one sided affair.
Tottenham are a team with great strength in depth, with many technically fantastic footballers, which, I hope prove to you that history and arrogance count for nothing on the football pitch.
benson (Spurs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 19:12   #160
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Try to top a group with Real Madrid in it. And how are your positions in standings? I'm sure you're aware that we are leading the table in league, which you failed to do.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 21:03   #161
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Try to top a group with Real Madrid in it. And how are your positions in standings? I'm sure you're aware that we are leading the table in league, which you failed to do.
Boban has a good point, however I think it's fair to say EPL is currently a stronger league.

However, I hate arguing back and forth about this and that. It's silly. We will play the game and see who the better team is. I'm excited for this. Champions League and EPL/Serie A are two totally different competitions. Champions League requires more defense in a 2 leg Fixture. Experience, composure, tactics etc will matter more in a tournament. I think it's fair to say Milan is the better team on paper, for many reasons I listed above, but anything can happen in Football. We also will be recovering some players for 1st game, some more for 2nd game. Right now we're not in a good place as we have players playing out of position and also new players just bought starting. Hopefully we'll pull through!
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 23:01   #162
patos older bro

Fave Players: ibra pato pirlo
patos older bro is on a distinguished road
am sorry but how the hell does epl have a stronger league that's stuped talk r top team's have got better player's and so have the mid and the lower team's.am not geting cokey saying tht were gunna win i just think we should win. and spurs arnt the underdogs in england most newspapergs expect them to win
patos older bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 00:31   #163
ZvonimirBoban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Boban has a good point, however I think it's fair to say EPL is currently a stronger league.

However, I hate arguing back and forth about this and that. It's silly. We will play the game and see who the better team is. I'm excited for this. Champions League and EPL/Serie A are two totally different competitions. Champions League requires more defense in a 2 leg Fixture. Experience, composure, tactics etc will matter more in a tournament. I think it's fair to say Milan is the better team on paper, for many reasons I listed above, but anything can happen in Football. We also will be recovering some players for 1st game, some more for 2nd game. Right now we're not in a good place as we have players playing out of position and also new players just bought starting. Hopefully we'll pull through!
Can't agree more, Elmago! But seeing as we can't do anything before watching the game, why not talking about it

Again, I won't change my opinion. EPL is currently 'stronger' in some ways, yes I can see why people said so, but that DOES NOT make every team in EPL stronger than EVERY Serie A team. Having said that, you can conclude which are stronger (on paper), Serie A's table toppers vs ... what? 5th team in EPL trailing the leaders by 13 points? Sorry mate, even hardcore Spurs fan can't deny that Milan are stronger on paper. Sure, we will see who are really stronger after the real encounter, but until then, let's talk.
SEMPRE PER TE!
Old 05-02-2011, 00:34   #164
ZvonimirBoban

Quote:
Originally Posted by patos older bro View Post
am sorry but how the hell does epl have a stronger league that's stuped talk r top team's have got better player's and so have the mid and the lower team's.am not geting cokey saying tht were gunna win i just think we should win. and spurs arnt the underdogs in england most newspapergs expect them to win
Yeah, that's what you get from the press who doesn't know Pato, says Messi will struggle against Stoke City every week, and expects England to win the World Cup on every occassion.
SEMPRE PER TE!
Old 05-02-2011, 00:36   #165
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Well Harry was scrambling for striker , Crouch has two goals this season and Defoe em NONE!! I have seen nothing spectacular from Spurs this season except a great game against Inter at white hart lane.Spurs were terrible st the san siro again except for Blae's great goal , and 2 in the last minute which glossed over how awful spurs were on the night.