AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO the only reason I was happy, and remain happy with Balos return is because of what he can do alone, because as a team this Milan is just as hopeless as last season. A motivated Balotelli is the only thing that can get us into CL tbh. With that being said, once we actually decide to build a real team, around real players I would want Balotelli out or as that game changing sub.

Galliani is too old for the job. The more I have time to think about it, the more Im left frustrated by how weve managed spending 100mln euros. Not only were we left starved once again for that quality midfielder for our midfield three, but it just so happens that we decided overnight that wed play a new formation consisting of a trequartista, but we wouldnt buy a trequartista.. The most important position in linking midfield with attack, and now our only quality players outside Balo,Adriano and Bacca in attack are all wingers or one shitty trequartista like Honda.

We need a real trequartista, and we need two new midfielders and I would ship off NDJ and Bertolacci too if need be. Quality CB as well to pair with Romagnoli.

For 70mln euros, we could have bought both Gundogan and Moutinho. With the remaining 30, we could have bought Bacca and loaned Balotelli the same, Menez & Cerci as subs.. If we wanted to, we could have spent another 15-20 on another CB too Im sure. Moutinho and Gundogan are both versatile and can play at CAM and in the midfield three.
(10-02-2015, 03:03 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]IMO the only reason I was happy, and remain happy with Balos return is because of what he can do alone, because as a team this Milan is just as hopeless as last season. A motivated Balotelli is the only thing that can get us into CL tbh. With that being said, once we actually decide to build a real team, around real players I would want Balotelli out or as that game changing sub.

Galliani is too old for the job. The more I have time to think about it, the more Im left frustrated by how weve managed spending 100mln euros. Not only were we left starved once again for that quality midfielder for our midfield three, but it just so happens that we decided overnight that wed play a new formation consisting of a trequartista, but we wouldnt buy a trequartista.. The most important position in linking midfield with attack, and now our only quality players outside Balo,Adriano and Bacca in attack are all wingers or one shitty trequartista like Honda.

We need a real trequartista, and we need two new midfielders and I would ship off NDJ and Bertolacci too if need be. Quality CB as well to pair with Romagnoli.

For 70mln euros, we could have bought both Gundogan and Moutinho. With the remaining 30, we could have bought Bacca and loaned Balotelli the same, Menez & Cerci as subs.. If we wanted to, we could have spent another 15-20 on another CB too Im sure. Moutinho and Gundogan are both versatile and can play at CAM and in the midfield three.

Wow I completely agree with your transfer plan. Much better then Galliani's waste of €100M...it makes me sad how we've actually achieved close to nothing last summer.

What makes me even sadder is the fact that I can't see an ideal replacement for Berlusconi and Galliani once they retire. We can either get a great president who will bring fresh new ideas to the club, or we can get someone like "American baseball legend" Mike Piazza who enjoys watching soccer and feels like buying a club such as Milan or Parma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10-01-2015, 07:33 PM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]Recent developments within the team looks to me like Barbara is losing her power. She poured her heart and soul into that stadium project, which got nixed; She drove out Braida, who is now likely to return; She wanted to hire a DS, never happened; She wanted Galliani out, never happened; She didn't trust Bee, and even though the deal is on delay, it is still more likely than not to go through. Now of course, Berlu is going to put out some crap like "Barbara understands and supports us", but in all honesty, what CEO would be ok with her decisions and pet projects get turned down one by one? And even if she is ok with it and don't take it personal, what would her standing within the organization become after all this? Who would still take her seriously within Milan?

Barbara has her faults, but she was a fresh voice who wanted to make a difference for this team. She was always the progressive one within the team who was trying her damnest to make changes happen. The way things look, Barbara might as well leave the team to her dad and his court of old farts. It's not like any of them are embracing or supporting her at all.

I agree with you. It does seem that her authority is being undermined constantly. I think she has done fantastic so far- the Casa Milan revenue is even higher than last year. She is marketing the shit out of the club and who knows what she could've done if she was given a free reign. Just look at the minor sponsors we have signed up since she came on board. Casa Milan is probably the only good thing has happened to us in the last few years and her ideas of a new stadium were pretty good too- especially the in built hotel. Making it easier for overseas fans and generating revenue. 

She had all the right ideas when she started touring all the top youth academies all over Europe and then wanted to hire Sogliano. But then you have Galliani- whose long term play to get one up on her seems to have worked. Needless to say he holds a lot more influence over Berlusconi than Barbara does and IMO unless Galliani is ousted, we will continue to be a mismanaged club. 

It astonishes me that there are fans who support Galliani wholeheartedly. Last year it was for bringing Kaka back now its for Balotelli. Hey everyone look, Galliani showed Liverpool. No he didn't Balotelli was a huge risk who is working well so far but there is yet no certainty. 

The day Galliani is ousted, I will celebrate more than I did when Muntari left.
(10-02-2015, 03:03 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ] A motivated Balotelli is the only thing that can get us into CL tbh. With that being said, once we actually decide to build a real team, around real players I would want Balotelli out or as that game changing sub.

For 70mln euros, we could have bought both Gundogan and Moutinho. With the remaining 30, we could have bought Bacca and loaned Balotelli the same,  Menez & Cerci as subs.. If we wanted to, we could have spent another 15-20 on another CB too Im sure. Moutinho and Gundogan are both versatile and can play at CAM and in the midfield three.

I dont see anyway we finish in a UCL place , even if  a motivated (the fact youre relying on a player to be "motivated" shows how screwed we are) Balotelli we wont finish in a UCL place.

Its easy to sit back and say 70m Gundogan and Moutuinho we're set.I truely believe neither would joined this current Milan , especially Gundogan who actually has not been very good since his long long lay off.Moutinho there may if been a chance but a slim one.
Milan are not attractive and everyone knows are a huge mess.Some say iuf Milan comes calling a player cant and wont say no.I call bullshit on that , you only have to look at Jackson and Kondogbia to know thats B.S

CDS reports that as well as Boateng (who's blocked MM on twitter) Emanuelson who has no club also has asked to trail with Milan....I can't help but feel while there is some truth in whats reported , the Italian sports media love writing about the doom and gloom and fall of Milan.Everything seems way worse than it actually is when it comes to the rumours.
Unbelievable - Now Urby wants to come back to train with Milan.
I saw that too. Facepalm What is this? Mlan's basically becoming a shelter for washed up players now.

I agree with the general comment on Barbara, her influence and role seem to have diminished. Bizarre thing is, it's her father that's stopping her progressing things and actually contributing anything worthwhile. We can talk about Galliani, but it's Silvio whose taking responsibility for deciding things against her.
(10-02-2015, 09:49 AM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable - Now Urby wants to come back to train with Milan.

Maybe they have to pay to use our facilities. Galliani is being creative in exploring new ways to augment his Giannino transfer fund.
Emanuelson and Boateng? We are just getting ready for when we sell De Sciglio and Bonaventura in January (I hope I am being sarcastic but this is Milan ...)
(10-02-2015, 03:40 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they have to pay to use our facilities. Galliani is being creative in exploring new ways to augment his Giannino transfer fund.

Is Galliani going to start installing paid toilets at Milanello to raise cash?
(10-02-2015, 09:49 AM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable - Now Urby wants to come back to train with Milan.

Hey, I'm not under contract either. Can I join Milan training? I'll bring my own bib and training cones if it helps.