AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-10-2017, 03:39 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I watched him against Juventus, he played pretty decent... I forgot we had him lol.

Same here. I needed to be reminded that we had him. Was his out on loan, or did we sell him outright? I suppose it was a loan?
(02-10-2017, 04:50 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. I needed to be reminded that we had him. Was his out on loan, or did we sell him outright? I suppose it was a loan?

straight loan
(02-10-2017, 12:20 AM)PerSempre Wrote: [ -> ]I think we are more than capable of attracting players like Verratti. When PSG changed ownership, the first thing they did was to sign big name players such as Ibra, Thiago Silva, and Cavani. When Man City changed ownership, they bought Fernandinho, Jovetic, and Navas all within a space of one season. Attracting players of Isco's calibre won't be an issue because of not only the incoming cash flow, but also Milan's European status which is something these two clubs never really had. Point is, I think we have a reason to believe this summer's mercato will definitely be one to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didnt (PSG) they had 6 months of nothing then signed Pastore Menez Gameiro made the UCl then signed Ibra Silva Verratti then Lavezzi Lucas Cavani...we need UCL to attract these players
(02-10-2017, 07:02 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]straight loan

Thanks, Carlos. Smile
Would anyone intertain the idea of Thiago Motta this summer? He is not signing an extention at PSG, and will be free to sign for anyone this summer.

I would totally go for him in a 1 year deal plus an option to extend for another, or something similar to that. I know he'll be 35 in August, but his style of play isn't really hampered by age. He is also someone that can help Locatelli big time. Brings a calming presence in the middle and barely ever looses the ball no matter what.

I watch a lot of PSG games as BeIn Sports shows them pretty much every weekend....and although I love Verratti, and we many times talk about Rabiot, and Matuidi, etc....Thiago Motta is often times easily the best midfielder on the field.

Again, I am not saying bring him in as a starter. But to have him here and play alongside Locatelli whenever possible or rotate with him will be a very good thing imo.
(02-10-2017, 09:30 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Would anyone intertain the idea of Thiago Motta this summer? He is not signing an extention at PSG, and will be free to sign for anyone this summer.

I would totally go for him in a 1 year deal plus an option to extend for another, or something similar to that. I know he'll be 35 in August, but his style of play isn't really hampered by age. He is also someone that can help Locatelli big time. Brings a calming presence in the middle and barely ever looses the ball no matter what.

I watch a lot of PSG games as BeIn Sports shows them pretty much every weekend....and although I love Verratti, and we many times talk about Rabiot, and Matuidi, etc....Thiago Motta is often times easily the best midfielder on the field.

Again, I am not saying bring him in as a starter. But to have him here and play alongside Locatelli whenever possible or rotate with him will be a very good thing imo.

I'd rather have an injured Poli as a starter rather than having him a sub.
I don't understand why? Is it a personal dislike towards him? I understand the guy isn't a spring chicken anymore, I understand he played for Inter and can be a bit dirty in games. I also understand he is not an exciting name to talk about....but like I said, his performances are still excellent. Definitely better than any one of our midfielders.
I like the idea very much. A team full of young guns is exciting to watch, but a few veterans can be very helpful. I wouldn't mind Motta on a short term, incentive based contract. Okmilan
(02-10-2017, 09:55 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why? Is it a personal dislike towards him? I understand the guy isn't a spring chicken anymore, I understand he played for Inter and can be a bit dirty in games. I also understand he is not an exciting name to talk about....but like I said, his performances are still excellent. Definitely better than any one of our midfielders.

This.
Plus he's like the Italian Busquets!
I don't have any issues with Motta, I've rated him highly for a while. That said, at his age more than anything I feel it would be a step in the wrong direction. I don't mind experience and a lot would depend on his role in the squad, but at 34 I would question whether he's really worth pursuing, especially if we have a budget of 120-130 million as reported.