AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 11'/12'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys why don't we just put it this way. Cassano used to be a mental case, if we could straighten him up and not hear of not even ONE problem yet then im sure tevez will be a piece of cake.. guys you have to consider even though there might be a couple of clubs ahead of us(barca,real) it makes a big difference playing for a club like city with no history and just shit loads of money.. we're the most prestigious club in the world and the ex-president of italy who's still one of the most powerful people in the world is our owner. I'm sure when berlu steps foot in the training grounds if tevez ever misbehaved it would take a few words from berlu to put him in place.. Plus we have a good atmosphere, our teams like a family everyone gets along well. You saw, onyewu although never quality to play for us was gone after that fight with ibra..
(11-26-2011, 07:29 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]... we're the most prestigious club in the world
is that still the case?

Quote:and the ex-president of italy who's still one of the most powerful people in the world is our owner.
UndecidedHe is not exactly the paragon of virtue or the most liked person. I am not sure whether him be associated with Milan is as good for Milan as it is for him.

Quote:Plus we have a good atmosphere, our teams like a family everyone gets along well. You saw, onyewu although never quality to play for us was gone after that fight with ibra..
Ibra has gotten into several fights, he is still here

Looks like Tevez is getting close to Milan. I'm not keen with his off the field behaviour, but if he's coming then I guess we have to trust our club to keep him in check (we've managed it with others so far).

On the pitch, Tevez for us would be lethal, his movement is good and he's a deadly finisher. However, it's his workrate and ability to press from the front that make him a standout player for our system. He is selfish, but with Allegri I'm sure he'll have his place.

Also, a lot of rumours surround Pato's future if Tevez arrives. This seems normal given Pato's injury problems, though I also wouldn't rule out a Robinho or Cassano transfer. Robinho mainly because he's publicly coveted by Santos and probably wouldn't be against a move to them, but also because we've been after certain players from them in recent years and would want to gain advantage. Also his finishing is surely frustrating for people in the club, and it simply cannot be ignored as it is detrimental to our play (although he adds a lot to our game too).

Cassano imo never had a long future at Milan when he joined. He was seen as a purchase to strengthen our squad and while he's been doing ok this season (I rate his contribution lower than many on the forums), I'm not sure he'll be at the club after this season.

(11-25-2011, 05:23 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]According to Sky, the following players won't get contract's in June:

Flamini: 4,5 mil now
Ambro: 3 mil
Zambrotta: 3,5 mil
Roma: ,5 mil
Inzaghi- ,8 mil
Van Bommel: 3,5

Interesting list. If true, then expect a big rejuvenation of the midfield, most notably in CDM (i.e. MvB and Ambro's role). Problem is who can we get for this role that is world class. Guilherme of Portuguesa looks very interesting to me, but admittedly I haven't seen him enough. Nainggolan for Flamini is also another possibility I'd absolutely love.
Seedorf and Gattusos contracts wont be renewed after this year too..
I don't know I see Flamini going down to 3 million no team will pay him 4.5 none.
Ambro Rino Seedorf I 100% believe will be offered a 1 year extension.
Roma V.Bommel and Pippo will be gone.

I don't see us even (well MGT) contemplating releasing all 8 players and bringing in 4 or 5 , there is no way that will happen.I think they will try for Tevez Montolivo and maybe DeRossi , DeRossi will prob stay at Roma but will talk to other clubs first.

We have been talking about a changing in the squad a big one for years and while we still are not happy with the renewing and signing of old players with Ibra Cassano Binho Taiwo Mexes Boateng V.Bommel Aquilani Urby Nocerino maybe Tevez and Monty our MGT are happy that we have changed enough.
If we want to discuss realistic midfield targets, the potential signing has to match the following criteria:

1. Already a world class or near world class player
2. Playing at a rich club with many stars or is the main star of an average club
3. Conflicts with coach, management or got sick of football
4. Has a bad boy attitude

Big Grin

So, there you go. There can't be that many players matching these criteria. Any ideas?
Ribery ?
De Jong ?
Joey Barton hahaha

The question for me is Galliani going to leave his negotiations until the end of the season including loans we have roma oddo yepes nesta zambrotta van bommel gattuso ambrosini seedorf aquilani di gennaro daminuta flamini inzaghi add to that the co-ownership we will probably loss someone who could be or is fairly valuable to the club.

One element which in my mind would mind-blowing is if the management were to offer seedorf a coaching position would he take at the moment he is going through his coaching badges he could well buy into a potential opportunity like that as the natural progression of career, for me even seedorf isn't offered a new contract i can't really see him wanting to go back to holland for some mid table team in order to gain 1 maybe 2 seasons in football. Everything else seems fairly straightforward the policy has been the same since 2008 milan will buy 4 or 5 players during the transfer windows probably resign 2 thirds of the players who are out of contract and promote one or two of the youth players to supplement gaps in the team. I suppose you could have ?'s over nesta and inzaghi i would have thought that this is the last season of football but you never really know.
I'd be a bit ruthless get rid of as players Seedorf Ambro Rino Zambro Pippo Roma Yepes , thats a lot sign a LB quality one A Seedorf replacement a V.Bommel replacemnet take back Merkel get Monty and God try for De Rossi.As a Seedorf replacement who is there as intelligent and astute as him I see no1 honestly...cant see that many going at the seasons end.
Eric I like the Idea of Seedorf as a coach he's quality calm and clearly loves Milan.
First off, regarding Tevez, I think it's no harm to us if we get him on loan. May as well see the goods first hand, then make the big decisions in May. As for whether or not he will come (or stay), look at this quote: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/euro...vezs-first-

Apparently they didn't even discuss wages yet. I hope Tevez doesn't think he can get 7 or 8 million. We do, however, have many players making too much, and also many players with expiring contracts. I don't see Flamini staying as he is the same exact player as Nocerino and frankly not as good.

Ultimately we should take Tevez and then Management should go through the entire team in May and think about each position, and perhaps what formation and direction we should go. Perhaps Tevez goes home, or perhaps we say bye to one of Pato/Cassano/Robinho. Also, we will need to make some clear (and more important) decsions regarding midfield and the future of our Left Back Position.