AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Fifa 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anybody already played the demo?
I've just played a few games but i do not like it at all...
When does it come out? Usually OCtober or November right?
(09-14-2011, 07:09 PM)Beppe Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody already played the demo?
I've just played a few games but i do not like it at all...

There's always the way better PES 2012... well for me PES has been on the up side since 2010 Big Grin
I'll give it a shot this year. Last year the only good thing about it were the tricks. I get bored easily with both FIFA and PES to be honest, as soon as I start winning every match with minimal effort. I love the 'Become a Legend' mode on PES though.
Personally, I'm a much bigger FIFA fan than PES. This wasn't the case before, as I was a massive PES fan during the PS1 and PS2 eras, but for me PES went downhill during the current generation. I've played both FIFA 12 and PES 12 and must admit that while PES has improved this year, FIFA is way ahead.

EA have been really brave with their whole new defensive system, and while I can understand if many players will be put off it given how complicated it is, I do hope they give it a chance, because it could add a whole new dimension to football sims.

I won't lie, I played the demo and quite frankly found it really fiddly and difficult to get the defensive shape of the team correct. However, there's a lot of potential with the new system to really play some good defensive systems, as you can now double up on certain individuals, or have a player pressing/jockeying/containing while other players get into position. Also, because of the new system we'll now be able to use Thiago Silva as he plays in real life, effectively sweeping and cleaning up behind players higher up, or pressing opponents leaving teammates to get into position behind.

In other areas of the game, I feel they've done work to improve aspects that were introduced in the last couple of games, such as passing and the close control, as well as the player personalities. I thought it looked better and playing on the ball was sharper, but definitely the big changes are around the defence.

My opinion is if you prefer a more arcade experience, one that's quicker but not necessarily the most realistic simulation, then PES might be the better option. If you want the most authentic and real experience, then FIFA's your game. However, I must say while I rate FIFA much more highly than PES, it will require a huge amount of patience, as it's not an easy game, but the system adds a whole new layer of depth that no other football game can boast.
(09-16-2011, 10:06 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I'm a much bigger FIFA fan than PES. This wasn't the case before, as I was a massive PES fan during the PS1 and PS2 eras, but for me PES went downhill during the current generation. I've played both FIFA 12 and PES 12 and must admit that while PES has improved this year, FIFA is way ahead.

EA have been really brave with their whole new defensive system, and while I can understand if many players will be put off it given how complicated it is, I do hope they give it a chance, because it could add a whole new dimension to football sims.

I won't lie, I played the demo and quite frankly found it really fiddly and difficult to get the defensive shape of the team correct. However, there's a lot of potential with the new system to really play some good defensive systems, as you can now double up on certain individuals, or have a player pressing/jockeying/containing while other players get into position. Also, because of the new system we'll now be able to use Thiago Silva as he plays in real life, effectively sweeping and cleaning up behind players higher up, or pressing opponents leaving teammates to get into position behind.

In other areas of the game, I feel they've done work to improve aspects that were introduced in the last couple of games, such as passing and the close control, as well as the player personalities. I thought it looked better and playing on the ball was sharper, but definitely the big changes are around the defence.

My opinion is if you prefer a more arcade experience, one that's quicker but not necessarily the most realistic simulation, then PES might be the better option. If you want the most authentic and real experience, then FIFA's your game. However, I must say while I rate FIFA much more highly than PES, it will require a huge amount of patience, as it's not an easy game, but the system adds a whole new layer of depth that no other football game can boast.

Interesting! I Pre-Ordered Fifa 12 for PlayStation 3. I've always been weak at defense to begin with, so I'll have to learn all the new schemes you can program. Excited to play with Milan as I'm sure they will be a lot stronger this year. I expect higher ratings for Robinho, Abate, & T. Silva, in particular...
(09-17-2011, 10:19 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting! I Pre-Ordered Fifa 12 for PlayStation 3. I've always been weak at defense to begin with, so I'll have to learn all the new schemes you can program. Excited to play with Milan as I'm sure they will be a lot stronger this year. I expect higher ratings for Robinho, Abate, & T. Silva, in particular...

I think you've made a good choice for your football game personally. I think with any football game until now you've been limited to how good a defence can be mostly because you're confined to how the game will position your defenders, and really often it's a case of how good offensively you are that will determine how good a player you are.

In the latest game, I won't lie I've really struggled to get to grips with the new defensive system, as it is really difficult and I am experimenting with ideas (so far I find if you position your defence well more than anything then it's hard for opponents to score). On intermediate difficulty level on the demo, I've won and lost games fairly evenly and drawn most. I hadn't realised I'd struggle that much as I play FIFA 11 on legendary difficulty lol.

As for playing with Milan, yeah it's safe to say they've been improved, with Boateng and Abate being notably much better. The demo doesn't have the complete new squad yet (Aquilani and Nocerino are both missing) but it's nice to see they've generally got the balance right (tactically it's not far from real).
come on man fifa is for kids, pro evo is and always been the best by far
Nah, Pro Evo is more for kids to be honest. There you just need a fast player and win everything. FIFA is a lot more complicated.
(09-18-2011, 12:19 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, Pro Evo is more for kids to be honest. There you just need a fast player and win everything. FIFA is a lot more complicated.

loool no way been a fast player in fifa is the only diffrence u can tell between the players. plus al lthe teams play the same. fifa is crap
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5