AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: AC Milan vs. Barcelona: Wednesday Nov. 23, 2011 @ 20:45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(11-23-2011, 09:28 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]And that was a clean tackle on Robinho?
(11-23-2011, 09:27 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: [ -> ]He clips his heels and pulls him back. If that was up the other end not one person complaining would say "oh we were lucky to get that one." I have the distinct advantage of being neutral as I have followed both sides for aroud 15 years or so.
Where are the cheat calls for Robinho and KPB? Or are you only a cheat if you're not wearing red and black?

How was Robinho supposed to stay on his feet pal? His legs were taken out.

But he goes down theatrically and claims for a penalty when he knows Mascherano gets the ball. He is looking for an advantage against the rules of the game. I don't think he's a cheat but that's my point. Posters on here only seeing things one way. Barca are not cheats, or at least no more than Milan or any other side.
(11-23-2011, 09:31 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Well lucky you're not a Referee JuanShoe

hehe Okmilan

in any case, i don't think this game is a lost case...not by any means, especially how we ended the half...
we have Nocerino, Urby & Pato on the bench and with Aquilani & Bommel with yc, i hope to see them all before it's too late...
(11-23-2011, 09:30 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2011, 09:25 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Mate, I'm assuming your a Barca fan, so its only natural your view would be biased.
Watch the replays again. It was a shoulder to shoulder run, Aquilani beat whoever it was running and the guy chose to go down after Aquilani had already waltzed past him. That is not a penalty. If it had happened the other way around in your penalty area and we had the call given, I seriously expect all Barca fans would be up in arms about it.

I support both teams and am therefore as neutral as you could be in this situation. I'm also a defender but you are absolutely havering. There is nothing to do with shoulder to shoulder inthat challenge. He clips his heels and pulls him back. Aqualani doesn't have the ability or temprement for this game.

KPB and Robinho were clipped. If that was a penalty for Barca, then it should be the same for Milan. I don't feel a balanced game is being called here. Boateng was clipped as was Robinho. It was IMPOSSIBLE for either to stay on their feet. How could you say they're cheaters?

Xavi on the other hand could have stayed on his feet, he was not pulled down, he was barely grazed.

------------------------------

Milan need to put in more high balls from crosses for IBRA. He towers over everyone on their midget team. Secondly, Pato on for Robinho. I think he has the speed to counter-attack better than Robinho. We can score surely. The game is still up for grabs.
the referee has been really bad... I dont know why he gave em a penalty, and I'm not sure if Prince's shot hit Keita's hand too..

robinho's biggest fan here, but he must get out.. he can't handle these big games, bring on Pato he might be able to bring it on...
(11-23-2011, 09:23 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but the red and black tinted shades are on. Van Bommel's is a clear booking as was Aqualani's. The ref has done Milan a major favour by keeping him on by getting the wrong man and somehow not deciding a player 6 yards out is not in a goal scoring opportunity. This board has always had an anti-barca agenda, well at least a great number of posters, and it's simply through jealousy.

What is there to jealous about Barcelona's theatrical performance? You tell me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe_lwegpHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydqu3IUpoU

Try search 'Milan dive' and see if you can find anything.

-j
(11-23-2011, 09:33 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2011, 09:28 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]And that was a clean tackle on Robinho?

How was Robinho supposed to stay on his feet pal? His legs were taken out.

But he goes down theatrically and claims for a penalty when he knows Mascherano gets the ball. He is looking for an advantage against the rules of the game. I don't think he's a cheat but that's my point. Posters on here only seeing things one way. Barca are not cheats, or at least no more than Milan or any other side.

HONESTLY? REALLY? FFS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydqu3IUpoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe_lwegpHk

-j

(11-23-2011, 09:25 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Mate, I'm assuming your a Barca fan, so its only natural your view would be biased.
Watch the replays again. It was a shoulder to shoulder run, Aquilani beat whoever it was running and the guy chose to go down after Aquilani had already waltzed past him. That is not a penalty. If it had happened the other way around in your penalty area and we had the call given, I seriously expect all Barca fans would be up in arms about it.

I support both teams and am therefore as neutral as you could be in this situation. I'm also a defender but you are absolutely havering. There is nothing to do with shoulder to shoulder inthat challenge. He clips his heels and pulls him back. Aqualani doesn't have the ability or temprement for this game.

I agree that Robinho would not get a penalty, at least from my angle I (speaking for myself of course) didn't see a clear foul and I certainly understand why referee would hesitate, but it is hilarious how easy Xavi went down, hence I call him a cheat.

There isn't any anti-Bartha agenda, except that they created it for themselves. I suggest that you remain silent in this specific game. Your "neutrality" is not as pure as you claim to be.

Back to the discussion (with fellow Milanistas), I feel that we played bravely. We may not have as silky skills but we had a very decent first half, and the scoreline didn't do us the justice. The referee wasn't hurting us nor was he helping us.

We will come back.
Such unbelievable bias from some people. I've watched it now 7 times. He clips his heels clearly. No question. You could argue that Xavi has slowed down but he clearly runs and catches his heels. His left hand then clearly goes onto Xavi's right shoulder. You can claim what you want but if you slow it down and look at it again that is what happened. Unlike the rest of you I'm not biased. It is a clear cut penalty end of.

What annoys me is people are choosing to focus on "the cheating" instead of the fact it's been a cracking game, which quite frankly is nonsense. If Barca are cheats then so are Milan. Personally I'd say neither are. It's been a great game and going forward Milan have looked really good. Have to say they are far too open though and unless that changes it will be a Barca victory.

It's hilarious how you claim to support both teams when all your views are one way traffic. It doesn't matter if you're a defender, it doesn't make you immediately more knowledgeable about the way a body works or the way physics and gravity works.
Watch the replays, then talk.

Aquilani had his hands up, they weren't pressing against whoever it was. Aquilani moved from behind the player to outrunning the player to reach the ball. The ball was 50-50 at the moment the player went down, but at the point in time which the player started falling, Aquilani had already moved past him and had control of the ball. Had he been any shorter, the incident would have been chalked off as a shoulder to shoulder incident in which no foul would be given, much less a penalty. Replays being shown as I type this indicate that Xavi was going down right as Aquilani blew past him. There wasn't even a so-called pull back as Xavi was already on his way down when Aquilani's arm makes the slightest of contact with his shoulder. Replays also show that no one clipped his heels either. He stubbed his feet into the turf and his body was too low to compensate for his downwards movement and thus he went down. No foul, no penalty. The ref got it wrong.

I'm not claiming that Xavi "cheated" for the penalty, but in the end replays show that it wasn't a penalty. The ref got it wrong and Barca's players milked it for what it was worth: an incorrectly given penalty by an incompetent ref.

And I highly doubt you to be a neutral at all, mate. You're too much a Barca fan to come out and just admit you got a lucky break.
Well then you gotta think about why people focus on Barcelona cheating and not any other successful team (e.g., Man U etc.). There is a reason for everything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22