AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-24-2018, 11:46 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]his agent is Raiola

and hey, hopefully Fabregas is on his way here.

so what you're saying is Lozano will be close to joining us then sign a new contract with his current club
He seems like he really has the ability to play a second striker role with Higuain/Cutrone (or Morata Big Grin)
Please god no Morata
Sky's Luca Marchetti: "Higuain-Morata swap? In my opinion, as of now, I don't think it will happen. Chelsea are the ones that want this to happen, but not Milan. If Higuain pushes for a move away and makes his desire to leave, then the situation changes".
(12-24-2018, 05:52 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]so what you're saying is Lozano will be close to joining us then sign a new contract with his current club

Sleepy Sagrin
Morata , averages 7 league goals a season that's his average over 8 seasons , and that average while being supplied by Ronaldo Benzema Isco Assensio Kroos Bale Modric Carvajal Marcelo Khedira Pirlo Pogba Vidal Tevez Fabregas Kovacic William.

Now what do we expect from him here having just Suso to supply him  Devilol 2 goals a season ? Maybe 3 if he plays Coppa games.Morata is the most overrated player I have ever seen , guy cost what at this stage €20m then €30m then €75m it's insane.I don't think fans overrate him as the general thought is hes only average on his best day.His finishing has been as bad as I've seen for the last 2 years.If he joins Milan expect him to be much worse than Kalinic and Kalinic is bad.Morata isn't going through a bad patch he's just bad.
Exactly. If it's not clear as day now that our problem isn't a striker, then I don't know what to say.

We've had strikers in the last few years (Bacca, Kalinic, Silva, L. Adriano, Balotelli, Lapadula, etc), but there was always an excuse. There was always that possibility that "he is young, or he came from a different country and needs time, or he is just not good", etc, etc.
But what's the excuse now??? We literary got the best striker in Italy. A proven goalscorer for years now. This management can't be that blind, can it?

This squad is not missing a striker (maybe a 3rd choice one). I don't see how swapping Higuain with Morata makes any sense. The only thing I can think of is that there might be a problem with Higuain and he wants to go...so we are trying to make the best out of the situation. (Even so, getting Morata is hardly the best out of the situation, but who knows what's even available in January).

I believe in Leonardo's and Maldini's work. I know that they had to clean up a lot of things and deal with some issues last summer. Laxalt because Genoa couldn't pay us for Lapadula (plus Strinic's condition), Castillejo because Bacca was demanding a move to Villareal and nowhere else, Caldara and Higuain because of the Bonucci situation (this was a great deal imo). They basically couldn't make a move that was unaffected by certain situation and every move they've made so far was forced on them from the decisions made from the previous management. So I am hoping that their hand is not forced again by a "Higuain situation".

We need stability now more then ever. If we don't want to retain Higuain in the summer for whatever reason, that's fine. But things need to be done on our terms. Getting Morata now will only create another "situation" for us because he won't do shit for us and we'll be stuck in a never ending cycle where we are just forced into moves to fix "past situations" instead of making moves on our own terms to improve the team.
That's why we should keep Higuain. He doesn't want out. This team needs difference-makers, not more bidones. I'd get a third striker for insurance but we need wingers and midfielders who are going to create and be dangerous
@Nefremo Good post.

We will stifle all our strikers until we get a midfield to support them and organization in the team for consistent fluid movement. Until that happens, our players will keep playing as individual talents.

To that point, we have had 4 goals in the last 7 matches since we lost Biglia and Bonaventura. Prior to that we had 19 goals in 10 matches. If we can get someone on the left hand side to balance Suso and add some Depth to the squad, we should be much better. Higuain will score and just needs time to adapt to te players around him. Forcing a new striker with less Serie A experience would be a huge mistake.
RB Leipzig are ready to offer €15M to sign Çalhanoğlu. Milan want at least €20M. The parties will get in contact again in early January [@NicoSchira of @Gazzetta_it]