AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
honsano Wrote:This is crazy. Kessie has won nothing. He hasn’t played in CL let alone well. How are these salaries justified.

It doesn't have to be justified. If someone is willing to pay, then so it is.
(09-11-2021, 03:54 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]I am not so sure about Adli, he doesn't strike me as having the kind of passing ability of Bennacer. I am not even sure he can defend as well as Bennacer. In a way, I do think he is better at playing a AMC kind of role with the way he dribble the ball.

It's just the general skillset  I mean. I don't think Adli has a defensive game like Bennacer,  but he does have good passing and creativity. 
In some ways I've always wished Bennacer could play higher up the field for us.
We gotta sign this guy: Tarik Ibrahimagic ! 

Icon_lol2

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tarikibrah...ler/602486
Looks like kessie wont renew. this is really sad. We have to try and sell him in winter. Samu too. along with Romagnoli.

Didnt hear much about belotti in the summer transfer. i think deals are already set. He will most likely leave this Jan or next summer. I still think he can be good for us. I waiting to see how he will perform this season.
(09-11-2021, 09:32 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]This is crazy. Kessie has won nothing. He hasn’t played in CL let alone well. How are these salaries justified.

If no transfer fees then clubs are willing to pay huge salary. Just look at Aaron Ramsey, he was worth about 40m and has a salary of 5-6m at arsenal. He choose to run down his contract and go to Juve for more than 12m per year. Juve grossly overpaid for him and is now stuck with him even though he has underperformed, nobody would pay his salary of 12m and Aaron ramsey will gladly run down his big fat contract. 

Kessie is worth about 55m so transfer fees saved is about 10m/year and can pay for 5-6m of wages already. That is how PSG is doing the sums.
(09-12-2021, 08:32 AM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]If no transfer fees then clubs are willing to pay huge salary. Just look at Aaron Ramsey, he was worth about 40m and has a salary of 5-6m at arsenal. He choose to run down his contract and go to Juve for more than 12m per year. Juve grossly overpaid for him and is now stuck with him even though he has underperformed, nobody would pay his salary of 12m and Aaron ramsey will gladly run down his big fat contract. 

Kessie is worth about 55m so transfer fees saved is about 10m/year and can pay for 5-6m of wages already. That is how PSG is doing the sums.

Yes on the 1st part.

The 2nd part about PSG....
Cash is king when it comes to salaries my friend. In order to offer the huge salaries like they are, you have to have the cash to pay them that same year. Unlike transfer fees, you can not defer salaries. 
What I'm saying is, you can offer 50M transfer fee but actually pay that in 5 installments as example. So you'll dish out 10M every year. 
But if you offer someone 8M in net salary a year, you have to have the funds to pay that AND the tax during that same year. 

So I totally agree that clubs will pay more in salary if they don't also have to pay a transfer fee. But in order to be offering those high salaries to begin with, you have to have cash. We can't compete with that because we got no cash. In many ways, as funny as it sounds...we can afford 30M/40M transfer fees (see Tomori for example) because we can spread out the payments. But salaries are something different entirely.

This is why I find it funny when people say "just offer him 8M just so we don't lose him for free". The budget/projections and actual cash on hand likely say we can't afford that. Because we'd be tieing up close to 15M of cash into Kessie every year. And for those that say that'd be just 1 year because we'll sell him....think again. That's when we can go back to your 1st point of clubs not paying those high salaries when they also have to pay transfer fees. So will anyone be willing to pay a transfer fee and match that 8M we will have given him? And what if he has a bad year? What if he gets injured? Can't sell....but you gotta dish out 15M yet again next year. Budget says we don't have it. So how do you get it? Probably deb or yet another cash injection! And Elliot (rightfully so) won't do that. Won't take that risk. They want the club to be moving toward self sustainability. This would be going the opposite direction.
(09-12-2021, 11:03 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes on the 1st part.

The 2nd part about PSG....
Cash is king when it comes to salaries my friend. In order to offer the huge salaries like they are, you have to have the cash to pay them that same year. Unlike transfer fees, you can not defer salaries. 
What I'm saying is, you can offer 50M transfer fee but actually pay that in 5 installments as example. So you'll dish out 10M every year. 
But if you offer someone 8M in net salary a year, you have to have the funds to pay that AND the tax during that same year. 

So I totally agree that clubs will pay more in salary if they don't also have to pay a transfer fee. But in order to be offering those high salaries to begin with, you have to have cash. We can't compete with that because we got no cash. In many ways, as funny as it sounds...we can afford 30M/40M transfer fees (see Tomori for example) because we can spread out the payments. But salaries are something different entirely.

This is why I find it funny when people say "just offer him 8M just so we don't lose him for free". The budget/projections and actual cash on hand likely say we can't afford that. Because we'd be tieing up close to 15M of cash into Kessie every year. And for those that say that'd be just 1 year because we'll sell him....think again. That's when we can go back to your 1st point of clubs not paying those high salaries when they also have to pay transfer fees. So will anyone be willing to pay a transfer fee and match that 8M we will have given him? And what if he has a bad year? What if he gets injured? Can't sell....but you gotta dish out 15M yet again next year. Budget says we don't have it. So how do you get it? Probably deb or yet another cash injection! And Elliot (rightfully so) won't do that. Won't take that risk. They want the club to be moving toward self sustainability. This would be going the opposite direction.

That is right, we should never offer a salary that are too high just to get a player on free transfer. That was why we got stuck in a hole for so long, we shouldn't repeat a mistake like that. It's OK to let kessie go IMO rather than tie him down with a 8-9m salary. That will make him unsellable and we would be stuck with his high wages. No crazy salary just to try selling next season, it's risky. We need to keep to the budget and build a firm platform for the future. I hope we don't offer crazy wages to Belotti just to sign him on a free transfer, that will be a big mistake.
Tonali is IMO a great project we have in our hands. Agree with nefremo, comparing to Gerrard. He has great stamina and covers as box to box many spaces plus he possesses technique and is on a very good way as far as free kicks, passing and long shots are concerned. And of course he can be a great upgrade -if he reaches his maximum potential- and a far better player than Kessie. I do not mind if Kessie wants to leave..8-9mio. for Kessie is far too much and would disturb the balance in the team. Unfortunately this matter is the result of bad management in Donnarumma/Calhanoglu cases..Every regular starter-player having a expiring contract thinks the club needs him, cannot afford benching him and can demand as much as he wants..this is the one side..on the other side the players don’t realize that they put their careers in risk. Look at Donnarumma, second choice in PSG, Calhanoglu would also be only a squad player after some games and when not performing..The same would happen if Kessie goes to PSG…
Therefore I do not mind..Kessie has only a very good season the last 3 years..remember all our comments two years ago..I would sell him ASAP or extend him with these money and sell him afterwards..we have a very good scouting team and we can find much better players than these. 
Just keep a core with very good Italian and foreign players and build on it..
(09-11-2021, 04:51 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree. Bennacer is our best midfielder when fit and in form

The problem is Bennacer has been struggling since his long injury last season and Tonali is still developing.

While agreeing that the duo of Tonali and Bennacer is promising, for now, Kessie is still our most valuable midfielder.
(09-12-2021, 08:32 AM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]If no transfer fees then clubs are willing to pay huge salary. Just look at Aaron Ramsey, he was worth about 40m and has a salary of 5-6m at arsenal. He choose to run down his contract and go to Juve for more than 12m per year. Juve grossly overpaid for him and is now stuck with him even though he has underperformed, nobody would pay his salary of 12m and Aaron ramsey will gladly run down his big fat contract. 

I get what you are saying but you can’t call it the same. When you over pay in wage, the market value is drastically reduced. If the player doesn’t perform you are stuck with him. There are too many players to count that fit this including many former Galliani era players.  

If you purchase with a reasonable wage, then you can at least sell them to recoup future wages and some transfer salary should they not perform.

It’s moot when PSG and City are backed by counties as they have Monopoly money. 

In other news, sounds like we are going back in for Faivre this winter. Exciting to see French Milan come to fruition.