AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As speculated

Barbara has said the goal is to have the stadium by 2020 and to expect more news on the stadium location and options by the summer of 2015

Source: Gazzetta
I saw this too. Big news or no news? I wonder what everyone thinks. It seems that this statement is more forceful than the mere "we are looking at a site" statements. However, Milan as of late can not be trusted when they make specific statements such as with the transfer market.
I think it's a positive sign. Obviously making it a reality is more difficult, but if she's announcing this much then it seems there's something brewing and a deal would be almost finalised.
(12-06-2014, 11:26 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Just came across this:

http://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa/...lan-162041

Here is a similar english version article of what you posted: http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2014/12/06/...vestments/?

The plan sounds really fantastic but far fetched. I don't know how they are going to pull people like Ancelotti and Cappello who are actively coaching to come back and be ambassadors at Milan.

I do like the idea of owning a bit of the club though Smile
Thanks for the article. I don't think following Bayern's structure is the complete answer, though it makes total sense to use it as an example.

I think a new stadium will be built personally and I'm sure it will follow suit of Bayern's and Arsenal's model of getting funded and named by a 3rd party.

I don't think club ownership will follow the Bayern model, as 75% of Bayern is owned by fans and then the rest by corporate partners. In Milan's case, I wouldn't expect Berlusconi will give up ownership, but I do expect corporate partners to buy minority shares.

As for this Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti idea, I think it's impossible and wouldn't work. Ancelotti is one of the top 3 coaches in football today, he's not coming to be a director anytime soon imo. Sacchi I want, but due to age and his personal/health issues, it seems absurd to to bring him back for anything more than a advisory/short term role to help begin a long term project (I think at most he'd be here for 5 years). Then there's Capello, who is also ageing, but also has very different ideas about the game to Sacchi, which could create conflict as they lead the club.

Imo, there's a certain club legend who is ideally suited for this sort of role. He's in his 40's (so not too old), wants to work in a role of this sort of capacity at the club, is considered a great leader and extremely intelligent by his peers and arguably better represents Milan and its historical values than any other candidate having been at the club for more than 30 years. Unfortunately, there's a bald ***hole who prevents him returning to the club.

Another who I think should be strongly considered is Albertini, who I think is an intelligent guy, but with his understanding of the Italian football system and experience working in FIGC, he could prove to be a very valuable asset.

Also this restructuring shouldn't have any influence from Pippo's performances. It should be building towards a long term project at the club, so how can short term results influence that?
There is video floating around a pic too. Can't see it being real but for what it's worth

[Image: B4Nia9TCEAAfHT1.png]
Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idIiGbpSUBs

I've read it's a rejected proposal. I hope so, it looks downright insane. Some ideas are quite nice (the whole lighting thing it shows in the video), but overall it's pretty bizarre and ugly imo.
Yes, apparently this was rejected!

I actually like it and like the innovative design. It's something new and never seen before. I thought the logo on the roof is a great touch. Not crazy about the wavy stands but I think the outside and the roof was a great idea.
I like the Milan logo in the roof, though it's the wavy design that puts me off.