AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: 2012-13 Champions League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
According to someone on R&B, Zenit has bought Hulk for 50M, and Witsel for 40M. That is scary.

I bet both Malaga and Zenit realized that they could top the group after they saw Milan in their group, which explained for all the last-minute purchases.
Witsel for 40M???
(09-03-2012, 07:33 PM)Acmir Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the right thread Smile

And here's our squad for Champions League. Traore, Niang, Vila, Muntari and Strasser not included.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/03/...eri-squad/

I can't understand how we can include Mesbah instead of Vila? What has happened between Milan and Vila? There must be something fishy... Why is he not getting any chances to prove his worth while other useless players get chance after chance? I don't understand.
(09-03-2012, 08:28 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Witsel for 40M???

I don't know it is true. I doubt it too, but I am just reporting whatever I heard, which of course could be total BS. Sagrin

(09-03-2012, 08:39 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]I can't understand how we can include Mesbah instead of Vila? What has happened between Milan and Vila? There must be something fishy... Why is he not getting any chances to prove his worth while other useless players get chance after chance? I don't understand.

Well, we did try to offload Vila this summer, and the only reason that he is still here was that he failed the medical (people in Valenica obviously like good teeth too Icon_lol2). So I think it is fair to say that he was never in our plan, is not in our plan, and may never be in our plan.
Niang and traore were left out.. Niang well he is very young, looks like traore won't be around long
I agree. Traore signing was purely financially motivated, which shows the lack of good planning in transfers by Galliani. I would not blame Traore if he wants to leave in January. In fact, I feel that Milan should give him a hand in helping him find the next stop.

By the way, I believe that he has not even looked for a house to purchase in Milano yet. Guess he saw this coming. Okmilan
(09-03-2012, 08:28 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Witsel for 40M???

That can be true after all. Wth

Quote:Zenit flex muscles, signing Hulk and Witsel

Published: Monday 3 September 2012, 21.16CET

Russian title holders FC Zenit St Petersburg have captured Brazilian forward Hulk and Belgian midfielder Alex Witsel in deals both thought to be in the region of €40m.

FC Zenit St Petersburg have made a sensational double swoop, capturing Hulk from FC Porto and SL Benfica midfielder Alex Witsel in deals both thought to be in the region of €40m. The pair have both penned five-year contracts with the Russian title holders.

The signing of the 26-year-old Hulk was named early on Monday evening, ending a successful four seasons at Porto. He won three Portuguese Liga titles, three Portuguese Cups and the 2011 UEFA Europa League after arriving from Japanese club Tokyo Verdy, scoring 78 goals and creating 55 more in only 169 appearances.

He also established himself as a Brazilian international and similarly Witsel, whose signing was completed later in the evening, brings to Russia the experience of 30 caps for Belgium. The midfielder, 23, spent a season at Benfica after joining from R. Standard de Liège and it is believed that Zenit triggered his €40m buy-out clause.

The pair link up with a Zenit side eager to transfer domestic dominance onto the wider stage. Luciano Spalletti's charges will kick off their UEFA Champions League campaign at newcomers Málaga CF on 18 September; they will also face RSC Anderlecht and AC Milan in Group C.

©UEFA.com 1998-2012. All rights reserved.
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/...ulk+witsel
(09-03-2012, 08:09 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: [ -> ]According to someone on R&B, Zenit has bought Hulk for 50M, and Witsel for 40M. That is scary.

Damn. Everyone, but AC MILAN seems to have tons of money Angry

Btw, more players seems to be over-priced these days and nobody (buying club) seems to care..Huh
Maybe Berlusconi is trying to reverse this dangerous (and somewhat unethical) trend by not spending? Icon_lol2 In that case, Don Silvio would be more like Don Quijote. Icon_lol2

Of course, I am just joking, after all, Berlusconi was the one that started it two and half decades ago. Big Grin
I only watched two or three Zenith's games last season mainly because I wanted to see Yarmolenko and they seemed pretty solid. The additions of Hulk and Witsel will give them a boost.
this is going to be hard suddenly
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12