AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loved the pre-injury Banega. I think he was a brilliant CM. Loved him ever since he came on the scene in the u-20 World Cup. Great touch on the ball and will not panic under pressure. (This is why Guardiola said that he would love to have him in Barcelona......but then he got injured) If I could compare Banega to anyone I would say he is in the mold of a Thiago Alcantara type of player......but too bad injuries and acts of stupidity hampered his career so far. I haven't seen too much of him since he came back from his broken ankle. Definitely not a lot this year. He was playing as an AM for Valencia for some reason and I didn't understand that as he is much better deeper.

In any case....it all goes back to what I was saying about Radja. As him, Banega I think is a great player. (I would sign him instead of Radja any day) However....like I've been saying, I think we need an explosive dribbler more then anything else.
I won't complain with Banega though, as he's been one of my wishes for a while Big Grin

By the way, isn't Banega non-EU? I thought we've already filled the non-eu quota.
(01-06-2014, 03:10 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I loved the pre-injury Banega. I think he was a brilliant CM. Loved him ever since he came on the scene in the u-20 World Cup. Great touch on the ball and will not panic under pressure. (This is why Guardiola said that he would love to have him in Barcelona......but then he got injured) If I could compare Banega to anyone I would say he is in the mold of a Thiago Alcantara type of player......but too bad injuries and acts of stupidity hampered his career so far. I haven't seen too much of him since he came back from his broken ankle. Definitely not a lot this year. He was playing as an AM for Valencia for some reason and I didn't understand that as he is much better deeper.

In any case....it all goes back to what I was saying about Radja. As him, Banega I think is a great player. (I would sign him instead of Radja any day) However....like I've been saying, I think we need an explosive dribbler more then anything else.
I won't complain with Banega though, as he's been one of my wishes for a while Big Grin

By the way, isn't Banega non-EU? I thought we've already filled the non-eu quota.

Banega earned Spanish citizenship in February 2013.

http://www.football-espana.net/28327/ban...itizenship
Link on Banega-transfer from Football Espana:

http://www.football-espana.net/39235/ser...anega-move
Galliani admits Milan are out of the Nainggolan bidding.Thought it wouldnt happen.They talk and talk its all they do.
€3M loan €6.5M for half so €9.5M in total.
We are a complete and utter joke IMO.Banega now ,is he free ? no...so will he join no.
Not that bothered about not getting Nainggolan. I mean in general we are a disaster but this particular player at 18 million+ value.
Thanks Arildonaldo. I didn't know that.

Now that I've seen the reports about Banega costing about 10mil....I would definitely go for him. Naingolan will cost 17/18 mil when it's all set and done. We would be getting Banega's full contract for literary half of that.

I don't care how much money a team has....Radja is NOT worth 18mil. Cagliari has created and auction and I'm glad that we are out if that's how high the price has gotten.
As soon as bidding goes over €6M we are out.Thats why Banega is unrealistic €10M ,well its not set in stone.That 2 will likely go up €3/4M.
We must sell to buy anyway ,and the players we want to sell nobody wants.Big sides dont want them & small sides cant afforf the wages.
Galliani: "We're satisfied now in the Mercato with the arrival of Honda and Rami"

This guy.. When will finally let him go. All the bullshit mercato after mercato. We didn't spend 1 penny. Why must we only take free-signings??? Go and get a midfielder.

Losing Nainggolan is not good. Especially if Juve get him. I hope we can get Jorginho. Make a fucking move early in the market before the prices go up. Galliani likes to play this move all the time waiting until January 31 before he makes a move.

We'll never know all of the details with Nainggolan, but couldn't we have offered Nocerino, Matri, Zaccardo, Constant, Birsa??? Even paying some wages if we had to. Offload this crap for any price. This guy is a star player.

If we don't get another midfielder like Jorginho/Nainggolan, then we will need to play the 4-2-3-1. Against many teams in Serie A we need to attack. We can't get draws any longer, we need to out-score teams. It's our only chance of moving up the table.

With Honda, I think it will lift the the entire offense. SES or Robinho on the left, Kaka or Honda in the middle, and Kaka or Honda on the right, with Balotelli up top. This will be very tough for defenses to contain. Milan MUST try this. We simply don't have enough good midfielders to play with 3 in midfield.

Montolivo, De Jong, and Cristante should be the 3 midfielders rotating to play in the midfield of 2. This suits De Jong better, it suits Montolivo better, and we must rely less on Muntari and Poli.

Balotelli should also not be sold under any circumstance. He has class and with the right Attacking Midfielder's around him he will score more.

I'm still not convinced in our CB's, and it saddens me we don't have a classy Italian Defender of the past. De Sciglio is our clear RB while we may need to dip into the market for a LB. Emanuelson is good in Serie A but in big games + UCL we need a better, more sound defensive player. I just think Milan will not want to spend and therefore keep going as is.
Galliani should have a permanent internet meme to his name. Nonsense left and right.

Does he or anybody in management even realize 'satisfied' before they have played a full match is an outright dumb statement?
(01-06-2014, 04:53 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Not that bothered about not getting Nainggolan. I mean in general we are a disaster but this particular player at 18 million+ value.

and, if getting Nainggolan means losing Cristante, I am happy that this deal doesn't go through. but in no way should Galliani be credited for his inaction. Galliani is simply cheap to his bone.

I am not that hot on Nainggolan anyway. My hope is Hernanes, but with a shrewd president like Lotito, Galliani can just kiss his own ass.

[Image: mb126332_5995f41b78eedd73608301331f1edbe...w=500&sq=Y]
(01-06-2014, 05:29 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Galliani should have a permanent internet meme to his name. Nonsense left and right.

Does he or anybody in management even realize 'satisfied' before they have played a full match is an outright dumb statement?

There are so many bullshits contained in that statement that it is hard to single out one bullshit over another.