AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-24-2014, 11:58 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]On the more positive, we've been linked to Eder Alvarez Balanta, a young River Plate defender. I've not actually seen him, but I know he's one of the most coveted young defenders in football today and have heard massive praises about his ability and potential.

Colombian defender? Nah... Sceptical.
Young South American to take up a non EU spot.Wouldnt be right if that didnt happen Sad
(01-24-2014, 03:10 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2014, 11:58 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]On the more positive, we've been linked to Eder Alvarez Balanta, a young River Plate defender. I've not actually seen him, but I know he's one of the most coveted young defenders in football today and have heard massive praises about his ability and potential.

Colombian defender? Nah... Sceptical.

LOL. At least this Balanta kid playing top level football at one of the Argentinian/South American biggest clubs, not some what's-its-name club at Columbian second division.

Speaking of non EU quota, with Vergara's being loaned out, does that free one spot for us?
There were Balanta to Barca rumours so he might be a bit different, having said that I don't trust Galliani signing anymore. At all.
It's official I guess, on the official site there is mention of Essien arriving

Trentun anni appena compiuti, tante vittorie in carriera nei Campionati nazionali e in Champions League, nazionale ghanese. E' questo il curriculum d'alto livello che accompagna Michael Essien all'aeroporto della Malpensa. L'atterraggio previsto in serata.
(01-24-2014, 04:21 PM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2014, 03:10 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Colombian defender? Nah... Sceptical.

LOL. At least this Balanta kid playing top level football at one of the Argentinian/South American biggest clubs, not some what's-its-name club at Columbian second division.

Speaking of non EU quota, with Vergara's being loaned out, does that free one spot for us?

no.
Don't get the Essien signing personally, if anything it just lessens Cristante's opportunities from what I see. I do worry about the way we're rebuilding the squad.
(01-24-2014, 05:05 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2014, 04:21 PM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. At least this Balanta kid playing top level football at one of the Argentinian/South American biggest clubs, not some what's-its-name club at Columbian second division.

no.

Best forget him then. Especially if what Reza said about Barca's interest is true. Unless he secretly loves Milan, there's no way we can compete financially with them.
(01-24-2014, 05:18 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get the Essien signing personally, if anything it just lessens Cristante's opportunities from what I see. I do worry about the way we're rebuilding the squad.

Something tells me Seedorf was going to try De Jong - Monto for a 'long' while any way, Essien does not necessarily change that much.
Suddenly the Essien transfer makes sense. Chelsea released him from his contract so that Milan does not have to pay any transfer fee at all.

http://www.football-italia.net/44277/off...ome-essien