AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Netherlands take on Mexico having topped their group with a perfect 9 points from three matches. While the Dutch would like to sit back and counter attack, I wonder whether Mexico might flip the script on them and let them have the majority of possession. I did not find that they did well vs Australia when they were tasked with breaking down the Aussie defense and it's only Australia's woeful finishing that allowed the Dutch to leave with the full three points. I am not sure if Mexico will be willing to sit back and counter or whether they will try to dictate play with their skill and flair. Either way, it promises to be a great encounter!
I don't think anyone see's Netherlands getting beat in this one and while I voted for them, Mexico seem to be a very dangerous side to face.
[Image: 240614-0-600.jpg]
HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
[Image: 241114-0-600.jpg]

But also HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart for Mexico!

[Image: 241866-0-600.jpg]
Netherlands definitely content to allow Mexico the bulk of the possession so far..probably looking to counter with Sneijder, Robben and RvP if Mexico turns the ball over. De Jong had to come off early due to muscular problems.
I like the Cooling Break. This WC is quite innovative Big Grin

This match began at noon, so the European teams have big disadvantage. I think Holland are preserving fitness for 2nd half.
That should have been a penalty for Netherlands, no?
I think that was a penalty. Maybe the ref didn't see clearly.
After a disappointing first half display by the Dutch...
Daley Blind is not suited for DM, but he should be/have been more aggressive.

Holland GK was too nervous, and slow to react.
Depay, the lucky star came.
Cooling Break again. It should be used earlier in table round.

Both team used up all the subs. Huntelaar came for Van Persie.
Those orange motherfuckers did not deserve this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5