AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Milan's Financial Position - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (http://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Discussions (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Milan's Financial Position (/showthread.php?tid=1106)

RE: Milan's Financial Position - reza - 07-07-2018

Quote:Yonghong Li was only able to complete the takeover from Silvio Berlusconi in April 2017 for €740m thanks to a €303m loan from Elliott Management.

So few articles mention this and those that do don't explain how someone whose office address was supposedly empty and bankrupt had €437 million. It is obviously not any 'original' Li backers either otherwise those backers would be in the picture now as part owners or something, so he contributed/paid most if not all of that €437...I don't get this saga.

RE: Milan's Financial Position - AC_Troy - 07-07-2018

From today Elliott will work to execute the process of owning Milan. Yonghong Li can present an acquirer for the club by Monday but Elliott will still have the right of approval

RE: Milan's Financial Position - Jay Crisp - 07-07-2018

So talk is now that Li will fight in court to keep his assets.Ellipt cant sell if that happens so they could fund the club for a year or however long it takes.I expect €0 after €0 mercato if that happens.There is now they'll spend a cent more than they have to , they will not fund a mercato.

RE: Milan's Financial Position - Nicolas - 07-07-2018

(07-07-2018, 09:35 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: So talk is now that Li will fight in court to keep his assets.Ellipt cant sell if that happens so they could fund the club for a year or however long it takes.I expect €0 after €0 mercato if that happens.There is now they'll spend a cent more than they have to , they will not fund a mercato.

Maybe Li will ask Elliot for a loan so that he can pay his lawyer’s retainer.

RE: Milan's Financial Position - Sampinjon - 07-07-2018

So he refused to sell a week ago for reasonable offer and now he's going to lose everything...That guy is surreal...

RE: Milan's Financial Position - Jay Crisp - 07-07-2018

(07-07-2018, 10:04 AM)Nicolas Wrote: Maybe Li will ask Elliot for a loan so that he can pay his lawyer’s retainer.

Sagrin

Elliott will fund a mercato

Should also be said that Maldini was right

RE: Milan's Financial Position - nefremo - 07-07-2018

Something tells me there is another twist somewhere in this. It'll be too anticlimactic for this "modern" Milan to just change ownership and carry on like a normal club. Something else will surely come up.

Yes, seems like Maldini had the right hunch.

It also seems (although we all kind of knew this) that Berlu screwed us really good by selling to the highest bidder instead to a legit group. Yes this was his business and he was entitled to milking as much money as he possibly could from it at the time if sale. It probably wasn't all his decision also as he also has to answer to Fininvest shareholders. But the fact of the matter is that every last word he said about the sale and about Milan was absolute horse shit.

RE: Milan's Financial Position - nefremo - 07-07-2018

By the way, where is Fassone now with all his press conferences and his "transparency". Nobody has given clarity to the fans. 

Fassone & Mirabelli OUT together with Li. Complete failure by this entire management. From the sporting side to the club/finance management side and everything in between.

Fassone had to know who he's working for. If he didn't then he is one big idiot. Since the guy has gotten to high managerial roles in Napoli, Juventus and Inter, I don't think he's an idiot and therefore knew Li and the situation around Li.....which means all the shit he's been feeding us the last year has been exactly that...shit. He seems to be a scam artist to me if i'm honest. He's failed in his role everywhere he's been so far yet still somehow manages to get hired for these big roles. The guy presented a plan to UEFA that projected 450M in revenue next year ffs. That right there is a sign he's a grade A bullshitter. Big Grin

Well it seems like UEFA called him out on it and now he's about to be kicked to the curb by Milan too. This probably ends his career as a big club CEO. As a matter of fact it might even end his career in football management all together.