AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - reza - 06-21-2016

El Sha officially full Roma player

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Rimini - 06-21-2016

4-3-3 Chinese Milan.

Donna
De Sciglio Benatia Romagnoli Rose
Delle Alli Kross Andre Gomes
Berardi Bacca Gabriel Jesus

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - porcho - 06-22-2016

A few people have said that we need to be realistic and I agree, but being realistic doesn't mean we need to settle for average players, just that we need to be smarter with what we have to work with. Sign the right coach and coaching staff. Sign some promising players and give them a proper go and we might find a few gems in there that lift the team and help us become what we once were.

If we don't sell up then I would much rather see us spend 20 on tielemans than 35 on witsel. I'd much rather see us spend 10 on mammana than say 20-25 on someone like Benatia. Spend less on more good young players. It might mean that for the next 2 years we continue to sit around the same spot but if half on those guys start coming through then we might end up back fighting for top spot. Worst case, if they only do decent, we sell them off for what we paid for them or slightly more.

I also feel like bertolacci gets unfairly criticised. He spent half the season injured and did poorly in a poor midfield, with a poor team, with poor leadership. I think, given he can stay fit, he might change some people's minds next season.

ACMILAN1983 posted a link about picking up Saponara and Paredes. I'm all for that, they're both good players with room for improvement. Milan should never have sent Saponara away. One thing I found amusing about the article though was the fact they put Mauri in the same category as Berto and Luis Adriano. A bit hard to do poorly when you're not playing. I actually thought the little he played right at the end of the season showed promise. He worked harder and did better than most of our midfielders.

Not sure I like Pavoletti and I would much rather Saponara over Vasquez. Not sure I'd take them both.

Just my opinion

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - reza - 06-22-2016

I am not so sure Saponara will ever be a fit at Milan, even a low budget ItalMilan will have pressures and he didn't seem up to it before, doubt that has changed much.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - WCmilan - 06-22-2016

I'd like Parades, but big no to Saponara. He did display some skill in his few appearances with Milan, so don't get me wrong I wont be upset to have him back. The price will be the problem, I'd pay no more than 7-8mln for him back and Empoli will want something closer to 20, for that reason NO thank you.

Parades is a very exciting player. He has a Di Maria-esque style of play but in midfield, instead of attacking. Good dribbler, very very good at striking the ball even on set pieces, and is very fast. He was also touted by goal.com as the most exciting prospect in Seria A (albeit that doesn't mean much, its just an authors personal opinion), but they aren't the only ones to recognize this.. We definitely need a flair player like him in our midfield, but to complete a well-balanced midfield I'd also like someone with more creative presence. Kimmich from Bayern Munich would be amazing, he hasn't blown up yet but it's almost certain he'll be like the new Schweinsteiger per say, he'd fit that role perfectly, almost certain Bayern wont sell.

Parades is much more of a possibility because Roma are currently on thin ice with spending, and could be in trouble if they spend more $$$ without selling. They just bought ELS too so.. Funny we paid more for Bertolacci than we sold ELS for, bad business.

Personally, I'd be open to signing Immobile, but not as our 'star' striker. If we sell Adriano, Balotelli and Menez leave, and even Niang may be sold, then I'd consider him a very valid option in attack. I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete overhaul in our attack. Balotelli will leave, Menez is almost certain to leave, I'd be surprised if we kept Adriano, and Leceister city are interested in Niang, who could fetch us 15-18m according to reports. Even Bacca could leave, I think he will. That leaves us with nobody in attack but Honda, who COULD also leave.. lol

I see a lot of changes, so like I said Immobile would be very welcome. If it were up to me, I'd sign Gabriel, Immobile, Giacherini, Vazquez and Saponara back depending on his price. In midfield I'd take Paredes and I'd try to snap up Tolisso from Lyon who seems super talented, but unfortunately Napoli seem close to signing him.. Andre Gomes looks like a super talent too, and I would get Thiago Motta from PSG to add experience, I've always liked his style of play.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 06-22-2016

No point getting rid of Mexes, Menez, Balo etc and replacing with Immobile, Giacherini, Sapponara etc.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - WCmilan - 06-22-2016

Not necessarily. The players I proposed were Immobile, Giaccherini, Gabriel, Saponara & Vazquez. Not including our midfield additions of Motta & Paredes.

We're replacing Adriano, Balotelli, Menez, Honda, Niang...

Immobile>Balotelli/Adriano
Gabriel>>>Honda
Vazquez>Menez(in his current conditions)
Saponara>Niang

I proposed Giaccherini because I think he's the perfect sub for any team. Conte counted on him a lot at his time with Juve, and he's doing the same for the Italy NT and tbh he's been one of Italy's best players. He's a hard worker and has clean feet, he's not your typical Poli fodder who will mess up simple passes. He wont do the spectacular but he's better than everyone we have atm at doing the simple.

If we sell Bacca, then we should also bring in a star player. I think those are big improvements!

I'd propose a 4-5-1 variation

------------------------Immobile------------------------
-----------------------Vazquez--------------------------
--Bona----------Motta-----Saponara--------Gabriel--
-DS------------Romagnoli------Benatia------Peres----
------------------------Donna----------------------------

Paredes and Giaccherini would be rotated in this line up, but that's the basic idea.
If I had to choose who to sign in defence, it would be Bruno Peres for RB and obviously Benatia for CB.
This also isn't including Bacca, who if we keep could be in Immobile's place or if we sell could be replaced with our new star player.

This is an affordable transfer market after sales that would make big improvements IMO, but if the Chinese come in and they are really spending the numbers they say, I'd give some bigger names. This is a 100m mercato the same, maybe less after player sales. If the Chinese come in and spend more than 100m this summer I'd be surprised anyhow.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Rimini - 06-22-2016

İnter

Handanovic
Ansaldi Miranda Murillo Erkin
Banega Yaya Toure Kondogbia/Brozovic
Candreva İcardi Perisic

Juventus

Buffon
Dani Alves Barzagli Bonucci Alex Sandro
Khedira Marchisio Pogba
Pjanic
Dybala Mandzukic

italMilan.
Donna
Abate Paletta Roma De Sciglio/Antonelli
Giaccherini/Poli Montolivo Bonaventura
Vasquez
Pavoletti İmmobile/Matri

My prediction for 2016-2017 season.

Juve scudetto
İnter 2nd
Napoli 3rd
Roma 4th
Fiorentina 5th-8th
Milan 10th-15th.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - slifersd - 06-22-2016

If it is at all possible, and I realize how difficult this is under Berlu's management, I would strongly encourage Milan management to not do wholesale changes to the team unless it is for major upgrade.

For years now, we played musical chairs with the roster. Stop me if this sounds familiar to you. We have an incumbent player on the team that is less than stellar; We sell him, or more likely, paid to have him leave, then immediately sign someone who is similar in quality; A year or two later, we try to sell the player we signed and then replace him with someone similar in quality again. This is basically what we did in situations such as Mexes-Zapata-Alex, Huntelaar-Balotelli-Menez-Destro and our entire midfield for the last few years. Through these changes, we paid millions in transfer fees, agent fees and salary and the quality of the team hardly changed at all. There are obvious questions regarding to the quality of players we signed, but to me, the reason many players flunked so badly had to do with the total lack of chemistry between players on this team. Players cannot form any type of chemistry when they don't get to play with the same group of guys for a prolonged period of time. That is why this musical chair management style is doing more damage than it helps.

Whether we want to admit it or not, if we keep the roster the way it is and just add one or two quality players (not necessarily superstars), we'd have a team with some talent. Guys like Donna, Roma, Antonelli, Bona, Niang and Bacca can form a solid core that is competitive. We need to give this team the time to start gelling and develop good chemistry so the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You add a good reliable CB and a midfielder to that lineup, and we can compete for EL at least with good chemistry and the right attitude.

I am, of course, all for improving the quality of the team through big acquisitions. If we can get Fabregas for Montolivo, then by all means, go ahead and do it, chemistry be damned. But another round of crap for crap is not worth it for me. I don't think Immobile and Giaccherini are bad players, but they do not bring anything to the table that the incumbent players at their positions already has. If we want another striker, why not stick with Adriano? Why not give Niang a chance to showcase his worth for a whole season? What does Pavoletti bring to the team other than a new name? If we do not have the funding or the desire to bring in quality players, then stick with what we have and go the war. The Golden State Warriors didn't look like the most talented team in the NBA, but their chemistry allowed them to become the winningest team in NBA history.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Sheldon - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 07:57 AM)Mathias Wrote: It's unbelievable how dislocated English football is from the rest of Europe. I know they get much bigger TV contracts but it makes no sense that a bottom team can pay 30m for any player and still have room to spend. Something has to be done about this, i would definitely go as far as leaving them out of the Champion's League if they leave the EU tho.

[Image: Facepalm-Meme-Picard-14.jpg]

No you can't do that. There's nothing wrong with them getting big money from doing good business promoting the league