AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Jay Crisp - 07-01-2016

You know whats annoying.We need a good experienced but not old CB to play alongside Roma.Glik just moved for €11.5m looks like Benatia will go to Juve for €18m.Not that the latter would choose Milan over Juve but to not even try.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 07-01-2016

Football-Italia says that Pjaca is set for Inter. Medical apparently set for Monday...so it looks like we've missed out on him.

I'm actually not mad at all that we didn't go for Glik. I personally didn't think too much of him. I know that this isn't a popular opinion, but in all honesty, if we can't find a solid solid CB to partner Romagnoli, than we may as well not go just for anyone. Many don't like Zapata, and I've criticized him a fair amount too, but is Glik better than him? I absolutely don't think so. So unless we find someone with more quality, than let's not buy just for the sake of buying.

I would actually be happy if ALL we do is make midfield/winger signings. 3-4 of them and that's it. Call it a day.

I hope that links for Oliver Torres come back. Last rumors are that Atleti might be willing to involve him in the Higuain bid.

I also remember that last summer Galliani apparently asked Barcelona for Rafinha.

Lucas Lima links need to come back too.

Meanwhile, PSG have signed Ben Arfa. I like how most people thought he wasn't good enough for us and too risky, yet apparently he's good enough for PSG. We should've been on this back in February/March.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 01:16 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: You know whats annoying.We need a good experienced but not old CB to play alongside Roma.Glik just moved for €11.5m looks like Benatia will go to Juve for €18m.Not that the latter would choose Milan over Juve but to not even try.

This sadly has been ongoing for years, with limited budget yet we spend carelessly. (as if no scouts or whatsoever)

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Arildonardo - 07-01-2016

Oh yes, we're linked with Alvaro Arbeloa! I've always dreamt of having a player like him at Milan... Thank you ambitious Chinese owners! Devilol

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 07-01-2016

The links just keep getting worse, don't they!?! Big Grin

-Lucas Lima instead of Honda, plus you keep Suso here. (Cost = 20 - Honda sale)
-Oliver Torres instead of Bertolacci, who will be on the bench or battle Torres for a starting spot. (Cost = 20-25mil - Poli sale)
-Witsel instead of Kucka. (Cost = 15mil - Kucka sale)
-If there are more funds available, look for a CB.

---------------------------Donnarumma-------------------------

Abate/MDS-------- Romagnoli - Zapata/NEW --------- Antonelli

--------------------------------Montolivo------------------------------
----------------Witsel----------------------------O.Torres------------

----------L.Lima-------------------------------------Bonaventura------

----------------------------------Bacca-------------------------------

That's a pretty good and balanced line up that wouldn't cost a fortune. The midfield is very balanced and even though I'm not a huge fan of Witsel, I can appreciate what he would bring to the table in that particular line up. But the technical ability of that midfield is better than what we've had in years.

Lima is not necessarily a winger, but he doesn't need to be. Him and Bonaventura naturally pinch in the middle anyhow leaving space for the fullbacks. That lineup is also easily adaptable to a 4231. Also, if Inter is going to steal Pjaca, let's just go ahead and "steal" Jesus from them. That way we can even play Lima in his more "natural" position centrally. Jesus and Torres I suspect will be in a similar price range. It's just a matter of preference and availability.

Either way, those signings won't cost more than 60-65mil, leaving a substantial amount for a CB and perhaps a back-up or two. (Witsel 15-20, Torres/Jesus 25, Lima 20-25)

Apparently we have a meeting with Torino about Kucka and Gabriel over the weekend. There's some money right there, and if they can't come up with the necessary amount, maybe we can get Baseli from them as a rotation player.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - devoted_dm - 07-01-2016

Pjaca and his agent have both said it's not true that he's about to sign for Inter.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - WCmilan - 07-01-2016

It sucks if he does though, I really like Pjaca. I hope we get Kovacic as well, and Pjaca. Two young Croatian prodigies in positions where we both need some quality.

As far as Kovacic goes.. It's almost certain he'll leave Madrid now, but it's strange that not many larger clubs are after him. Ourselves, West Ham, and Everton are the three teams who have made efforts to sign him so far according to reports.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - devoted_dm - 07-02-2016

Well, if there's anything we've learned this year it's that the hardest working and least fearful teams win. We don't necessarily need world class players in our squad to do better in the league than we have these last three years. We just need Montella to have clear ideas about how the team should play, and the players must believe in themselves, follow his tactics and bleed for the shirt. I don't care about names anymore, I just want a team that's been well constructed. Don't fail us again, Galliani.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Mystik - 07-02-2016

Hardest working and least fearful may get you an EL place but I'm firmly in Nefremo's camp in that we need some really class players in midfield if we want to be in the discussion to qualify for the CL next year. Then we can build some chemistry, etc and maybe compete for the Scudetto in 2-3 more years.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - WCmilan - 07-02-2016

I'd spend every dollar of our funds on midfielders. The only player I'd keep is Kucka because he's a beast, albeit not as a starter maybe. Montolivo has my vote only if he plays how he sometimes does (rarely).

Witsel, Kovacic and Parades...

30m, 25m, 15m...
We're at 70mln with a stacked midfield.

30mln left assuming a 100mln budget, we can spend around 20 for Benatia (he may even cost less if reports are true), and then still have another 10mln to invest in attack which doesn't even include player sales! Get rid of Adriano, Bacca, Menez are we'll have another 60mln euros total to spend to revamp our attack. Spend 40 on Lukaku, 20 on Pjaca done.

-------------Lapadula-----------Lukaku----------------
-------------------------Pjaca---------------------------
-------Kovacic--------Witsel------------Parades-------
-DS---------Romagnoli-------Benatia--------Abate---
------------------------Donna---------------------------

Niang,Bertolacci,Montolivo, Kucka, Honda, Bonaventura etc etc
Endless options in attack and midfield.

I know it might be strange that I put Lapadula in my starting line up.. I have a good feeling about this guy, people in Italy made a massive deal about his signing, journalists, coaches, analysts all said this was a very intelligent signing by Milan. Another thing is that so many club owners were left bitter, Napoli pres., Sassuolo, Genoa etc.