AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter transfer window 2018 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter transfer window 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=1510)

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - AC_Troy - 01-13-2018

Sixth is the best we can hope for now

Winter transfer window 2018 - sylrus - 01-14-2018

I would prefer we keep playing silva even though he has his minus, why, because we need him to grow, where as for kalinic imo he has hit his growth, and the only thing he can improve right now is his mental aspect for not giving up in this kind of situation. But silva in the future can over more than kalinic imo, so i would play silva over kalinic just because of his potential.yes he is suck right now and cutrone is ahead if both of them.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - porcho - 01-14-2018

(01-13-2018, 08:10 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Still no thoughts or views other than hes a promising young player and Kalinic is shit thats why great insight  Devilol 
You keep saying why do I think Kalinic should start.Well I never said he should start and you speak of reading comprehension.
Ive always said I can see why Silva isnt getting more starts not that Kalinic deserves to start.Stop trying to twist things.

No thats not my issue with Silva.My issue is he looks lost whenever he gets the ball he slows the attack down and takes an eternity to make a decision and in Italy you dont get the time to decide like he would in Portugal.His decision then when closed down is rash and usually the wrong one , hes so afraid of messing up that he takes a back seat a lot of the time and shys away from getting too involved.Hes afraid to do what he at least tried to do with Porto.Theres big holes in his game and be it him or lack of a real coach its been a big problem.We signed a talented promising players but he hasnt any of what he did at Porto.

You clearly don't actually watch the Portuguese league... It's not as easy as you're making it out to be, nor are defences slow to act like you're making it out... Sure, it's not Italy, but it's not miles worse like you suggest.

As for Silva looking lost? I kind of agree. The issue is though, I feel like he's trying to do too much himself, while also not doing anything too adventurous to avoid mistakes, to try assert himself and prove that he should get more game time. Giving him more game time shows we believe in him and that we have the patience to let him just be himself and play his game to show what he's shown at Porto and for Portugal. Players learn to adapt by getting game time and being shown that the club/coach has the confidence that he'll come good... So far the kid's had two coaches who expect him to come on and be Ibrahimovic, anything less and he's benched...

As for not showing much... He's shown miles more then Kalinic... I wouldn't be criticising the decision to bench him if we had a goos striker who's playing well... But we don't. We've got a huge flop barely running around and getting involved. Why not give Silve the game time because he has the potential vs Kalinic who's later in his career and has clearly not worked out despite getting so much game time?

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - porcho - 01-14-2018

I'm not sure if any of you guys actually play/have played, but for a striker, confidence makes a huge difference! The best striker with no confidence achieves nothing, while the worst striker with great confidence scores goals.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - Karl08 - 01-15-2018

Come on guys,
Let's stay positive,
Kalinic even though he's practically as useful as a ballboy, probably on par with lord bendtner,
He manages to score 4 goals, that's the same goal as belotti did this season.

We really dodged a nuke if belotti doesnt improve/ showing he's only a season wonder

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - Jay Crisp - 01-15-2018

(01-14-2018, 11:48 PM)porcho Wrote: You clearly don't actually watch the Portuguese league... It's not as easy as you're making it out to be, nor are defences slow to act like you're making it out... Sure, it's not Italy, but it's not miles worse like you suggest.

As for Silva looking lost? I kind of agree. The issue is though, I feel like he's trying to do too much himself, while also not doing anything too adventurous to avoid mistakes, to try assert himself and prove that he should get more game time. Giving him more game time shows we believe in him and that we have the patience to let him just be himself and play his game to show what he's shown at Porto and for Portugal. Players learn to adapt by getting game time and being shown that the club/coach has the confidence that he'll come good... So far the kid's had two coaches who expect him to come on and be Ibrahimovic, anything less and he's benched...

As for not showing much... He's shown miles more then Kalinic... I wouldn't be criticising the decision to bench him if we had a goos striker who's playing well... But we don't. We've got a huge flop barely running around and getting involved. Why not give Silve the game time because he has the potential vs Kalinic who's later in his career and has clearly not worked out despite getting so much game time?

I dont watch every game in Portugal but when I do watch the defenses sit back and give the attacking teams especially when its the big 3 lots of space.A hell of a lot more than any Italian does.I didnt say the defenses are bad awful or hopeless I said they give a lot more space.

On the second point.He hasnt , he really hasnt not in Serie A.Thats just not true.
I do agree that at this point they should just play him instead of Kalinic.Kalinic we all knew was going to be a disaster of a signing I mean everyone knew it.
Cutrone deserves to start ATM but I feel hed do just as well on the LW and Silva could start as CF or they can just rotate them depending on whos looking better  if after 10/15 games Silva still has the same issues then they can address that if it happens.Hopefully he doesnt.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - porcho - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 05:34 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I dont watch every game in Portugal but when I do watch the defenses sit back and give the attacking teams especially when its the big 3 lots of space.A hell of a lot more than any Italian does.I didnt say the defenses are bad awful or hopeless I said they give a lot more space.

On the second point.He hasnt , he really hasnt not in Serie A.Thats just not true.
I do agree that at this point they should just play him instead of Kalinic.Kalinic we all knew was going to be a disaster of a signing I mean everyone knew it.
Cutrone deserves to start ATM but I feel hed do just as well on the LW and Silva could start as CF or they can just rotate them depending on whos looking better  if after 10/15 games Silva still has the same issues then they can address that if it happens.Hopefully he doesnt.

That's tru of Porto and Benfica but seems everyone playes their best games against Sporting. ahha... not much space given there at all....

I do feel like the little he's shown, he's shown more then Kalinic but that's jsut my opinion.

I actually liked the way they played when Cutrone played at LW and him as ST. But he definitely needs patience. His confidence is shot and I feel like too much is asked of him. not the best conditions for a young striker to grow into himself and succeed. Just look at how Pato came through... Thrown in and allowed to make mistakes and grow into his own... pity it didn't work out for him...

We're terrible at bringing through players... Seems like we need to send them away to get the best out of them and see them for that they are.

(01-15-2018, 06:04 AM)porcho Wrote: That's tru of Porto and Benfica but seems everyone playes their best games against Sporting. ahha... not much space given there at all....

I do feel like the little he's shown, he's shown more then Kalinic but that's jsut my opinion.

I actually liked the way they played when Cutrone played at LW and him as ST. But he definitely needs patience. His confidence is shot and I feel like too much is asked of him. not the best conditions for a young striker to grow into himself and succeed. Just look at how Pato came through... Thrown in and allowed to make mistakes and grow into his own... pity it didn't work out for him...

We're terrible at bringing through players... Seems like we need to send them away to get the best out of them and see them for that they are.

I think people may be of the impression that I either dont like or rate Silva.Thats not true and I am in favour of him starting at CF with Cutrone at LW.Cutrone has a bit more to his defensive game than Silva well he hassles a bit more and it would benefit Silva to start start and start.Silva has disappointed me but I am not writing him off.Kalinic I just have no words , I mean everyone knew it was a bad move bar those who make the decisions.Kalinic averaged close to 10 goals a season before coming to Milan and thats in large part to goals at Split and Dnipro like 80% + of them.We knew what were getting and hes on course to get that 7+ goals I thought he would get.
We still have to pay another €20m for him...absolutely awful.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - nefremo - 01-15-2018

We should seriously force him to China

(01-15-2018, 12:54 PM)nefremo Wrote: We should seriously force him to China

If anything just to get rid of him.We'd be lucky to get €10m ofcourse he'd get a big pay rise but we wont get a massive fee.It wouod be worth it.How they negotiated for months for him and agreed to pay €25m is a crime.