AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (http://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Games & Tactics (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT (/showthread.php?tid=229)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - Best-Pundit - 02-09-2012

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
(Dirty Harry, 1971)

In MM & football terms:

I know what Udinese is thinking. "Did AC Milan lose six matches or only five?' Well to tell you the truth, in all this embarrassment I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Pato,Silva,Nesta-team, (one of) the most powerful clubs in the world, and would blow Di Natale's head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, Udin?

---------------------

Good luck AC Milan Sagrin

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - LebRN - 02-09-2012

So Feb so far:
vs Lazio (L)
vs Napoli (D)
vs Juve (L)

Not a great start to this hell-month is it?

However, getting good results in the next 2 matches could make things look a lot better, but unfortunately, the signs are not good...

The worst thing in the Juve match, which was just a recurrence of our performances lately, is that there really seems to be NO PLAN! I'm really getting worried about Allegri's contribution in that respect (not to mention his seemingly clueless appraisal to players' performances on the pitch as this has to be the only reason for his awful substitutions match in match out) (taking out Van Bommel instead of Ambro in the last match!)

As for the injuries, which was mentioned by practically everybody in the Juve match thread, I couldn't but google the effect of preparation in warm weather for playing sports in cold weather, and guess what??? That's the thing NOT TO DO!!!

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Winter_sports_and_cold_related_injuries

The article is long, so I will just quote the part that interests Milan regarding the ideal preparation to compete in cold weather:
"Acclimatise yourself to exercising in colder weather. For example, before you hit the ski slopes, try training outdoors for a few weeks instead of inside a warm gymnasium. "

Don't know how knowledgeable the "Australian Physiotherapy Association" is, but that does sound logical to me and the history of our trips to Dubai does confirm that.

I understand as well that injuries heal easier in warm weather but that is a totally different thing than preparing for cold conditions.

As for the match, hopefully Thiago will make it & SES will start + Nocerino & Abate will be back & Ibra will be out...these are the positives

With the right attitude and desire we can win this match even if we play Ambro & Urby/Seedorf...

Sorry for going off topic with all that but these are all issues coming into this match.

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - ACM2021 - 02-10-2012

I have much respect for Udinese as they have done fantastically this season at home. If I remember correctly, they have got 10 wins and 1 draw up to this point.

I don't really like the fact, though, they roll over so easily against Juventus but would almost certainly put up a fight against us. Another team like that is Lazio.

I guess there isn't really any game at this stage called "must-win", but for us, every game literally is going to be "must-win" if we wanted to win any trophy.

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - GeoTav - 02-10-2012

Pato, Nesta and Flamini are training with the team today, while Boateng and Aquilani keep running (to get form back I guess). I presume that's good news ?? Huh

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - ACMILAN1983 - 02-10-2012

Pato, Nesta and Flamini might return for Arsenal apparently, not sure about Boateng and Aquilani, but certainly some good signs

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - Best-Pundit - 02-10-2012

(02-10-2012, 01:21 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Pato, Nesta and Flamini are training with the team today, while Boateng and Aquilani keep running (to get form back I guess). I presume that's good news ?? Huh
Hey Geo, who do you support in this new Pato or Ibrahimovic being the man guy of AC Milan & what do you think of Flamini, I mean as a player for AC Milan?

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - GeoTav - 02-10-2012

(02-10-2012, 02:52 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(02-10-2012, 01:21 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Pato, Nesta and Flamini are training with the team today, while Boateng and Aquilani keep running (to get form back I guess). I presume that's good news ?? Huh
Hey Geo, who do you support in this new Pato or Ibrahimovic being the man guy of AC Milan & what do you think of Flamini, I mean as a player for AC Milan?

The whole Pato-Ibra issue is something I don't care as long as Milan keeps winning ... Of course, we all saw Pato growing (at least physically, not really technically), and like most of you, I'd be disappointed if he left. Then, if Pato leaves and a great player comes, I'd tend to say that I will quickly forget Pato. Same can be said for Ibra, if he leaves at the end of this season and another player takes his place, his role and helps our club to win, I won't care about Ibra leaving then.

About Flamini, I think he could have been (which means I don't believe he can still be one) a good player for us, but there is probably something wrong with him. When Allegri arrived, Flamini showed during the summer friendlies that he could be a useful player, but when the official games started, his form declined IMO. He can be a good bench player, nothing more, especially now, after this very long injury. So Flamini can stay if he doesn't care about being a bench player, or he can leave, we'll find other players who will be as good if not better as him ... He's a bit injury prone by the way, so counting him as a bench player is maybe not a good solution !!

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - ACM2021 - 02-11-2012

(02-10-2012, 01:55 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Pato, Nesta and Flamini might return for Arsenal apparently, not sure about Boateng and Aquilani, but certainly some good signs

I read somewhere that Boateng could play right away if he had to.

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - LebRN - 02-11-2012

(02-10-2012, 01:55 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Pato, Nesta and Flamini might return for Arsenal apparently, not sure about Boateng and Aquilani, but certainly some good signs

Isn't Flamini out of the CL squad?
Actually read that Pato, Nestal & Boateng will be availale for Arsenal....sure hope so.
As for today, I really don't see it will be fair for Maxi to start on the expense of SES. The kid has shown very good signs every time he played so there is no reason not to start him given the available options ...and i sure hope they don't say they need to "preserve" young players andhow they introduce them to the team.
Obviously the kid is ready and hungry so let him loose Sagrin

And for God's sake, can we stop Di Natale from scoring against us? just this once???
Thank you.

RE: Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT - ACMILAN1983 - 02-11-2012

(02-11-2012, 08:39 AM)LebRN Wrote: Isn't Flamini out of the CL squad?
Actually read that Pato, Nestal & Boateng will be availale for Arsenal....sure hope so.
As for today, I really don't see it will be fair for Maxi to start on the expense of SES. The kid has shown very good signs every time he played so there is no reason not to start him given the available options ...and i sure hope they don't say they need to "preserve" young players andhow they introduce them to the team.
Obviously the kid is ready and hungry so let him loose Sagrin

And for God's sake, can we stop Di Natale from scoring against us? just this once???
Thank you.

Sorry you're right, Allegri did say Boateng, not Flamini (must have had him in my head when posting)