Poll: Who should be next Milan coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pippo, Who Else?
21.05%
4 21.05%
Seedorf, Return of the Legend
10.53%
2 10.53%
Berlusconi, 2 CFs or Bust
0%
0 0%
Conte, Reformed Juventino
10.53%
2 10.53%
Ancelotti, Back for the Attack
31.58%
6 31.58%
Emery, Spanish Inquisition
15.79%
3 15.79%
Jesus, Portuguese Saviour
0%
0 0%
Sarri, More Midtable Experience
0%
0 0%
Brocchi, Let's Ruin Another Career
0%
0 0%
Bielsa, Let's Do this!
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
De Boer is an interesting candidate. Worked with a lot of young players at Ajax and won trophies there too. He is the type of coach that would fit in well with a youth initiative, a proven winner and someone who can grow with the players. We need this type of new age coaches to bring in new ideas to status quo too.

I would absolutely puke if we get LVG. I also follow Bayern and Man U pretty closely, and his tenures there were absolutely awful. Spent money on crap players, feuding with stars, weird formations, playing everyone out of position to show his "creativity" and the utter doucheness of his personality really gets on my nerves. I am not going to watch any games if LVG is the coach.
van Gaal is definitely the king of switching players in modern football ways. Blind as CM is one example.
De Boer is absolutely my top choice. I've been waiting and hoping for us to be linked to him for years now.
I think we've all put up with a lot of crap recently with this current setup, but if we get LVG, I'm out... Not only is he an arrogant prick, but he's shown with his time recently at Machester United, he's now useless as a coach.
(06-21-2016, 02:06 AM)porcho Wrote: I think we've all put up with a lot of crap recently with this current setup, but if we get LVG, I'm out... Not only is he an arrogant prick, but he's shown with his time recently at Machester United, he's now useless as a coach.

In his defense, LVG already showed he is a horrible coach at Bayern. He only got the Man Utd job because that team is run by idiots just like Milan.
Giampaolo is a good coach, I would take him. To be quite honest, we're only playing Serie A this season and there is pressure to qualify for CL. I think an Italian coach mentality will do best for next season to get us into CL. Obviously CL is a different ballgame and what works in Serie A may not work against English or Spanish opposition, but that's not our concern next season. Maybe I'm desperate, because that mentality is obviously not long term, but I want us back in CL and I dont think Giampaolo will be a bad option at all. Empoli was playing some really attractive football under him, but I'm only concerned that it could've been Sarri's footprints which were responsible for that, whom I rate very highly and wish we wouldve had.

Like Dev mentioned in the previous page, I wouldn't want to make the same mistake we did when Sacchi recommended Sarri.. I think we should go for it - if we bring in Paredes and Saponara back maybe he can get the best out of them too.

The other options dont really convince me IMO. Pellegrini spent fortunes at Man City and they didn't really play attractive football, I know his previous work was great but I think his work with Man City (bigger club, more pressures) represents a more accurate idea than his time at Villareal. We take the risk of NOT seeing Giampaolo at higher levels, but one things for sure his wages will be 1/4th of what Pellegrinis would be, leaves us less 'stuck' with the guy if he doesnt do well. LVG well I share similar opinions with the rest of you so no. Brocchi imo too inexperienced if we actually have objectives next season.. Emery looks set for a move to PSG or some other club, he would be my other option. Either Giampaolo or Emery.
Not saying Giampaolo isn't a good coach, but he's only been in charge of "smaller" teams. Maybe we are too now? I guess that if he's appointed there will be no sale to the Chinese? I would expect the Chinese to have higher requirements and ambitions if they're investing hundreds of millions.

I think a new coach and signings should be put on ice until we see who our owners will be and what plans they have, or don't have, for the future...
The latest is the Chinese would like De Boer, though for the past week or so they've apparently approved of Giampaolo. For Galliani, Silvio's the one holding things up, as he'd like to keep Brocchi.

I think it comes down to the Chinese pretty much being resigned to the fact that time is too limited for them to have a major impact this summer if the deal is successful. Therefore, it makes sense to allow Galliani to work, with some supervision and if it's successful, great, if not, they start properly next year.
Giampaolo is the only one the management has met with if reports are to be believed. So all the other names I suspect are just guesses from the media.
The latest on the coaching situation with De Boer.

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/serie-...r-destiny/?

I think nefremo would approve, I believe he likes De Boer. In that respect, I think De Boer could be a decent choice. He's made Ajax play like Ajax again, he's proven a decent tactician and I like how his team presses and dominates the ball.