Summer Mercato 2016
Pjaca on the left and Cuadrado on the right. That would be perfect.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Firstly, rumour has it we're looking to sign Vermaelen... Would that mean no Musacchio?

I would never take Cuadrado over Pjaca. I'd take them both in a heartbeat, or settle for Cuadrado if we fail to sign Pjaca (even though one prefers the right wing and the other the left). The fact is simple: Pjaca, Gabriel Jesus and a couple others are probably the most exciting young prospects around. I'd prefer to get them now and risk having to sell them to the hundred other clubs that would take the gamble a year or two down the road and get our money back, instead of buying them for 60-70m in a couple years if they succeed. All it takes these days is for Pjaca to score 10-12 goals in Serie A and clubs will be knocking on the door with 40m offers.

Despite the fact that I'm not very confident with most our deals, I feel like the Juventus rumours surrounding him are BS. Frankly, it's pretty insane for Pjaca's agent to say they didn't talk about Pjaca's future when Galliani was in Zagreb when there's a picture all over the net of them together at the restaurant. I think they're just playing some media game, and the minute the preliminary contract is signed they'll probably get him. The only factor is if Pjaca doesn't want to come to Milan, but then Zagreb would stand in the way and Juve would have to up their offer, which they officially stated they didn't/wont. I'm quite confident regarding both Musacchio and Pjaca but anything could go wrong so fingers are crossed.

In terms of all our other targets, I'm not sure. Cuadrado would make sense if we play a 4-3-3 because he could play on the right and that's where we desperately need someone. Pjaca would essentially be either taking Bonaventuras spot, or we'd play an offensive variation of the 4-3-3 where Pjaca would be playing as a trequartista and two defensive mids behind him.

A lot of potential this mercato, and so far I'm liking the names coming up. It's hard to believe Galliani is thinking of the likes of Musacchio, Pjaca, Lapadula etc., players who are affordable (under 30m) and have either high potential or have been consistently good and have a high chance of success at a bigger club (Musacchio), if he stays fit. Personally I'd go with a midfield mercato of Kovacic, one of Sosa or Valero, and since Paredes is off the market - someone similar if possible. It wont be high cost (probably around 50m) and it would take us a long way.

Overall, most reports say the Chinese will give Montella 100-150m for the mercato depending on how much he needs. If this doesn't include player sales like Bacca,Menez, Adriano then we can really get creative with signing mids. I'd still probably buy Kovacic, one of Sosa or Valero like I said, but then splash out 30m or so on another big name.
IN:
Pjaca 25m
Cuadrado 30m
Kovacic 25m
Sosa 6m
Zaza 20m
Musacchio 20m
Pastore 30m
TOTAL: 156mln

OUT:
Menez 10m
Bacca 28m
Adriano 7m
TOTAL: 45M

156M-45M=111M

So essentially, something like that would run us right along our budget.. But we'd have one hell of a team

--------------Pjaca----------------Zaza----------------Cuadrado--------------
------------Pastore--------------Sosa-----------------Kovacic-----------------
----DS------------Romagnoli--------------Musacchio--------------Abate-----
------------------------------Donnarumma-------------------------------------

Forwards: Niang, Lapadula, Bonaventura,Honda, Suso
Midfield: Montolivo, Bertolacci, Poli, Kucka, Locatelli, Mauri
Defenders: Zapata, Paletta, Vergara, Ely, Vangioni, Antonelli, Calabria
Goalkeepers: Agazzi, Gabriel
All of them other than Bonaventura should be subs at a team like Milan anyhow.
WCmilan, although those are all good players, you have 3 AMs in the middle. I'm not sure it'll work my friend. But I'd love for us to spend 150mil this summer. It definitely gives us a chance to sign a couple of big players that will immediately raise our quality.
I'm still waiting on the signature from Berlu and the Chinese. Nothing will be done before that, and they said they'd sign it in 6 days. We could still lose most of our targets in the next 6 days. I trust the Chinese money, but I don't trust Berlu at all anymore.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I think what we're seing with Pjaca is what a lot have said , even with money Milan will find it near impossible to sign top players , hard to sign 2nd tier players and hard to sign top rated young talent.Once 1 or 2 make the jump it will be easier as theyll know theres at least a plan and they wont be only 1 good signing amongst a world of Polis Bertos and Palettas
Hello. I'm a fan of Besiktas. I've been a member from Turkey. The Turkish press announced that Jose Sosa transferred to Milan. this transfer is it true? Provides a major contribution to Milan.
Some Turkish sources:

http://www.mesinyuvarlak.net/sosa-antren...oluyor-295
http://www.futbolarena.com/besiktas-tran...74h/q4qbqs

Beşiktaş's Jose Sosa did not participate in the workout. Milan is signed to suggest. Last season, Besiktas Jose Sosa architecture of the championship. Transfer fees: 8.5 million euros
I've seen the Pjaca rumours, but I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt and I think we (fans) should be patient, because I'm fairly certain this story will become clearer within a few days. In fact, I bet we'll know something by Wednesday. The reason Pjaca's apparently favouring Juve is because of CL football, not money or anything else. On Tuesday, Dinamo play in the CL playoff, meaning that if Pjaca plays, he's not going to play for Juve in CL next season. If that happens, I'm confident of seeing him in a Milan shirt next season, bear in mind a few days ago I posted there were rumours going around that he'd be allowed to stay at Dinamo until the CL playoff is done. However, if he doesn't play, I expect that means there's competition to get him, at which point I'm not convinced Galliani will do enough to complete the deal especially after the Kondogbia fiasco last summer. Right now, I think the Italian media are milking this story as much as possible, because you're talking two major names in the Italian game going after a player who has gone from being unknown to one of the hottest properties around.

I'm still hopeful, because this right now things point to us being in a comfortable position to sign him:

1) Pjaca has been very quiet, all the rumours of him favouring anyone is all heresay in the press
2) His agent has repeatedly, for more than a year, said outright he wants to take him to Milan
3) The player has in the past shown he'd rather play than not:

“I didn’t want to sit on the bench,” Pjaca recalled. “When I found myself in such situation at Dinamo, I decided to return to ZET. There I could play and continue my development. I was thinking then and I am thinking the same now, it is better for me to play in a smaller team than warming the bench in a bigger and more famous club.”

At Milan, he's pretty much certain to play, at Juve, there's no guarantee, in fact he's more likely to be on the bench imo.

4) He looks likely to play in the CL playoff, which as I said before, is favourable to Milan.
5) Dinamo have commented on Galliani being in Zagreb by saying "it's a tourist city". Given the photos with the agent, I don't think Dinamo would have reacted with such indifference if Galliani hadn't been dealing with them and in all probability made an offer that suited them (bear in mind before the Juve rumours happened, it was said Galliani presented an offer that satisfied Dinamo).
6) If I'm right Juve have commented when it was said they offered 26m for the player by confirming they have offered 18m plus bonuses and have no interest in entering a bidding war. Interesting how much of the media seems to have ignored this.
7) It's been said that Pjaca is likely to be the first signing for the Chinese group. Guess what? Along with Dinamo's CL playoff on Tuesday (12th July), the preliminary signing between Milan and the Chinese group is meant to be 12th or 13th July. With this, comes a deposit from the Chinese group of 100m, meaning we get our transfer market budget in place. All seems a bit too coincidental to be a fluke right?

Basically, I think Pjaca's in a solid position to sign with us and we'll know with greater certainty in a few days. I think it would benefit Galliani to contact his agent and maybe the player to just avoid a Kondogbia situation, but I find it difficult to believe all the rumours at the moment when reading between the lines.

On other players, it looks like Bacca will leave for 30m. West Ham have been reported to have found an agreement with Milan, just the player needs to agree. If this happens our market will be taking an interesting shape, as Lapadula has been bought with the money we got from El Shaarawy and it's being rumoured that Musacchio would come with the money from Bacca. We'd still have some change left over based on the figures I've been seeing (actually with that we'd get Sosa). All that would happen and we'd still have 100m from the sale yet to be touched, the first signing of which would likely be Pjaca. Take 30m from the deal from the 100m, we're still left with 70m. I assume some will be used to get a Bacca replacement, but bear in mind with other forwards still likely to leave like Menez and probably Adriano, we may not eat too far into that 70m. That to me leaves a big chunk to reinforce the midfield, where we can finally see the investment we've been needing for years finally happen.

Honestly, with all said and done, this mercato could shape up to be very, VERY interesting.

In other news, Witsel looks set to join Napoli. I don't really care myself, but I know there will be some disappointed to see it.

(07-09-2016, 11:10 AM)simaofcp Wrote: Hello. I'm a fan of Besiktas. I've been a member from Turkey. The Turkish press announced that Jose Sosa transferred to Milan. this transfer is it true? Provides a major contribution to Milan.
Some Turkish sources:

http://www.mesinyuvarlak.net/sosa-antren...oluyor-295
http://www.futbolarena.com/besiktas-tran...74h/q4qbqs

Beşiktaş's Jose Sosa did not participate in the workout. Milan is signed to suggest. Last season, Besiktas Jose Sosa architecture of the championship. Transfer fees: 8.5 million euros

Welcome SimaoFCP. From what I've seen, rumours are Milan are pushing to try and get Jose Sosa, but right now only offer 4m whereas Besiktas want at least 8m. Personally I don't think Milan will push much more than that, because I don't think they are trying to sign him to be a star in the club, but rather a squad player to give depth.

Hopefully we should understand better what's likely to happen over the next few days.
Dev, weren't the rules changed so that players can play in the CL qualifications, and than if transferred still be able to play in the group stages for their new club? I think if you play in the play off, you can't do it....but if it's just the qualifications (which is what it is on Tuesday, Q2) than I think you are able to still appear in the CL for another team.

Not 100% sure about this but I swear I remember reading something like this...

Edit: As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

This is from Uefa.com http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/...77105.html
(07-09-2016, 01:26 PM)nefremo Wrote: Dev, weren't the rules changed so that players can play in the CL qualifications, and than if transferred still be able to play in the group stages for their new club? I think if you play in the play off, you can't do it....but if it's just the qualifications (which is what it is on Tuesday, Q2) than I think you are able to still appear in the CL for another team.

Not 100% sure about this but I swear I remember reading something like this...

Edit: As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

This is from Uefa.com http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/...77105.html

Thanks nefremo. I thought that might have been the case, looked it up and didn't check properly lol so made the assumption.

Even with that point gone, I still think we're favoured in this deal, there's just a lot pointing towards him joining Milan. I still think on Tuesday/Wednesday we'll have a clearer picture. That was a big point for me though, kind of a shame the rule was changed given this situation Devilol
I agree and I also think we are ahead of Juventus at this point. Like you said, they've openly said that they won't go up on their bid (which is reported to be 18mil). I doubt Mamic would sell for 5-6 mil cheaper just because Pjaca "wants" to go to Juventus.

I actually think the media were right for this one....but than again, it's hard to be wrong when you report every possible scenario that could happen. Big Grin

1. They said we are waiting to close the deal with the Chinese
2. They said we are waiting to sell Bacca and use the money
3. We are letting Dinamo use him in the CL qualifications
4. They said he is undecided and might want to go to Juventus as his family prefers it and Mandzukic called him (like they have access to this type of info) and he MIGHT prefer to play in the CL.....but at the same time he wants a starting spot, so Milan might be a better option yet again

All 4 of these make sense at this point, so take your pick.

Man, it's easy to be a journalist that reports on football transfers. Just report every possibility out there and you'll be right 100% of the time. Big Grin