Summer Mercato 2016
Keeping Bacca is probably the best idea for the sake of the team. He scored bags of goals for this team last year despite having players like Monti or Poli supplying him. At this point, selling Bacca won't fix this team. The only fix if BIG investment for the midfield. Otherwise, selling Bacca buys us a decent midfielder but suddenly no scorer (I'll trust Lapadula when he scores as many goals for us that Bacca did).

My biggest concern is getting rid of people. As others have mentioned, the environment at Milan is toxic. Until we start reducing players and adding leaders, things are just bad for all players. This could be a big reason why players like DCS don't continue to develop with us, but do well in the national side. I'm actually kind of worried that we haven't seen more players on their way out. Menez, I'm looking at you dude.
A lot of the problems can be traced down to the take over delays, but in all honesty, haven't we seen this show before? Is it just me or is this basically the same garbage we go through every year? Linked to good players, spend weeks courting them and wasting money on flights and fancy restaurants for negotiations, then end up with absolutely nothing. Only difference is, we have a different excuse this time in the takeover. This is classic Berlu/Galli Milan, everything is for show, nothing real going on whatsoever. Galli is probably napping in his office all day and pretending to be negotiating.
honsano, I'm with you on the concern of the inability to sell players. I understand we are working/pressuring Bacca to leave but there are so many others that can also make way. Like you mentioned, Menez. Why is this joker still here? He looks completely uninterested and just strolls around the field. Also, I don't know if I'm just looking too much into it and seeing things that aren't necessarily there, but he doesn't even look like part of the group. I rarely ever see him talking or smiling or showing any kind of emotion to any one of his teammates. Head down, just goes about his business. Lifeless for the most part. It's a huge difference from the Menez that played for Inzaghi. I know he's always been this way, but it just looks completely odd to me. Like he just doesn't want to be here but won't leave either because he like his 2.7mil a year.

Also, Matri. This guy should have never been brought here let alone allowed to linger around for ages. His ass should have been shipped off way before the season even ended. I can sense another loan move towards the end of the summer where we pay half his wages.

It seems like we can only get rid of players whose contracts are ending. That's it.
Chinese to put €15M for the market. However, exactly €9.6M will go to Berlusconi for signing Lapadula. Milan could gain €30M for the mercato by selling Bacca Sky

Saw that elsewhere could be fake.Did Sky report that ?
So Berlusconi wants his 10mil back... .he really loves the club....

Jay, I believe that piece of news is true (I don't know if it's true, just true in the sense that it was reported).

Either way, at this point I don't believe ANYTHING about details on how much money we'll get to spend. I feel like this summer the media has been more wrong then ever before about Milan. I'm just waiting to see what happens next week with this "signing".
That's hard to believe, we can be pessimistic and it is right to be pessimistic but that kind of money is what Galliani (without Chinese) would probably spend to replace Lopez, Mexes, Alex, Boateng, Balotelli, etc. Not forgetting we got 13 for El Sha.
Yea, I mean nothing makes sense anymore. Why did Galliani fly around Europe meeting with agents if he knew that we literary have no money. I doubt that he was telling these people to wait for Milan to sell Bacca. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, but I think the Chinese will inject a little bit of cash once the signatures come and I think this is exactly what Galliani is feeding these clubs and agents that he's been meeting with....and I doubt that the sum they'll inject is only 15mil. If it is 15 mil, why? Why even waste the time. I don't see an obstacle preventing them of injecting enough cash to sign players. It's not like they are giving the money away and have no say. Gancikoff has to sign off on every signing (like Galliani said) so the spending will be controlled. They will be buying the club anyway just a month or so later so investing in the market RIGHT NOW will only allow them to get started early and in a way already start protecting their investment by not letting the club get even deeper into the mud.

I just find it very hard to believe (it's almost idiotic) that #1) you will spend 750mil on an investment; #2) you have agreed to inject 400mil over 2/3 yrs into this project #3)you will sign a preliminary agreement with penalties that definitely bounds you to the deal and nobody can back out #4) the investment fund manager (Gancikoff) is already in place and has to sign off on ANYTHING the club does......AND YET, you'll waste time in starting this project by not protecting your investment (spending money on the transfer market) and not immediately injecting some of that money (that you are bound by contract to inject) while you can fix the club.

Common sense says that the if the documents are signed next week, the Chinese will inject cash into Milan so that business as usual Ican continue. I really can not find a single reason as to why they would wait and waste an entire transfer window. Getting back into the CL is the #1 priority because that's the only way to get the club back on track so that they can protect their investment. By not spending this summer, they will be in very great danger of missing out on it yet again. It would be beyond bad business to not invest this summer. I have hope in common sense.

By the way.....am I the only one that feels like having Bipolar Disorder? Man the highs and the lows this summer are off the chain. One time I feel like everything is going to shits with the club....than I sit and think and read others' opinions, and BAM...I'm back, thinking that we will emerge from this summer stronger than ever! Big Grin
Been saying the entire time that I won't get excited or optimistic until the Chinese signatures come in and our transfer war kit actually materializes. We've been in this situation way too many times in the past 5-10 years that unless something actually happens, I won't believe any crap that Berlu, Fester or the media say anymore. They're always fucking lying.

Still not bipolar yet, since I've been pessimistic about things from the get-go Big Grin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
This is simply yet another window where, if no one leaves, no one comes. And thanks to the contracts handed out by Galliani and the comfort of being at AC Milan, where you stroll about once a week and get paid, no one wants to leave.

I miss those times when Bonera was the only shit player we had to worry about.
I wonder how long we are able to keep young talented players like De Sciglio, Romagnoli and Donnarumma in this current situation. Unless something happens very soon, they must be fed up and ask to be sold. The only players who benefit from staying are all the crap players with superstar wages.