Summer Mercato 2016
Things can always be worse. Berlusconi could decide to not sell Milan after all Big Grin
Caio didn’t fail his medicals btw there was something weir goind on with the president and the manager who couldn't agree with each other that's why the deal collapsed. 
Kind of a weird player anyway in my opinion I think he is way to attacking and weak to play for us.
Apparently we didn't get Bentancur coz the Chinese said no. We are in for Paredes. What I do not understand is why we don't just go for Loan with obligation to buy deals. We have chinese money coming in soon and that fact can be used to convince clubs. Why always option to buy.
The 'conduct' of the new incoming owners is not encouraging, very very early but still...
Im calling horse sh*t on that Chinese veto Bentancur thing. No way in hell they deny Betancur and then ok Sosa. That's typicaly Galli spewing garbage and spreading the blame on everyone else but himself.
Maybe it's true.....maybe Galliani agreed to pay Boca 17/18 mil and had the deal in place, so the Chinese said, ummmm NO! Don't forget, we were only interested in Bentancur after Galliani met Raiola and a couple of other agents in Ibiza. There was a report that they are the ones that suggested him to Galliani and one of them was even the intermediary in the negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some serious cash about to be exchanged between Galliani, Raiola and the othe 2 agents with this deal. If it IS true, i am glad the Chinese pulled the plug.
(08-19-2016, 12:23 AM)somedevil Wrote: Apparently we didn't get Bentancur coz the Chinese said no. We are in for Paredes. What I do not understand is why we don't just go for Loan with obligation to buy deals. We have chinese money coming in soon and that fact can be used to convince clubs. Why always option to buy.

Because apparently no clubs apart from Genoa trust us on the transfer market anymore. They want their cold hard cash up front and immediately. The Chinese may say they'll invest however much in the future, but future promises mean nothing to all the teams out there that want to buy other players to strengthen their own teams immediately. 

Plus, no player wants to go out on loan with an option to buy, specially if it means they're going to a worse team.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Galliani is an expert in blaming anyone but himself. I highly doubt that we would have gotten Bentancur if not for the new Chinese owners. 
First of all they do not call any shots in the day to day operations until they formally take over the club, which is still months away.
Secondly the 15 mill was released by Berlusconi, not the Chinese. Thirdly since most transfers are done in installments these days anyway, it should not have been a problem to sign him for 17 mill if that was Boca’s asking price. 

My bet is that Boca simply prefered Juve’s offer, which seemingly allows them to keep Bentancur for one more year before selling him to Juve. If that is the case, I understand their motivations. 

Given the fast approaching transfer deadline, Galliani probably didn’t wish to risk wasting more days on Boca, and jumped the gun on Sosa. In principle I don’t blame him since I doubt that Boca would have agreed even if they were afforded more days, however I detest that his only other option was a has-been playmaker, who we tried to sign in 2007, and who hasn’t been able to impress when given the chance anywhere but Turkey. 

Time and time again Galliani’s limited network has shackled our options in the market.
(08-19-2016, 02:46 AM)Ryo Wrote: Because apparently no clubs apart from Genoa trust us on the transfer market anymore. They want their cold hard cash up front and immediately. The Chinese may say they'll invest however much in the future, but future promises mean nothing to all the teams out there that want to buy other players to strengthen their own teams immediately. 

Plus, no player wants to go out on loan with an option to buy, specially if it means they're going to a worse team.

Basically we have all version doing rounds in the press. First it was Juve sabotaging the deal, then it was Boca who asked for too much, and now it is the Chinese fault... The next version should be about Boca got angry because Galliani wanted a loan deal.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese group said no to Bentacur at close to 20m and I wouldn't begrudge them for doing so either. Let's be honest, we spent 20m on a more proven player last summer on Bertolacci and people were up in arms, why would we spend a similar amount on an unproven kid in Argentina? I read that a number of Boca fans were joking they would carry him to Italy for the initially rumoured 15m.

The other aspect of this is why should be Chinese approve these sort of deals by Galliani, who has a history of failed and expensive buys for unknown players who make little to no sense. I've said it in another thread, but if I was in the shoes of the Chinese group, I wouldn't give Galliani anything, I'd rather just wait until January.

Anyway, looks like Diawara is going to go Napoli at this point, whereas a loan with option for Kovacic was apparently rejected by Real. I read a report on Milannews that we will try to push Roma for Paredes for a loan with obligation as Montella wants him, but at this point nothing seems certain. Obviously I've not hidden that I'd like him, so if this can go through I'd be very happy. It would also be the first name this summer that comes in that I actually wanted.

Supposedly now Jorge Mendes is offering Joao Moutinho to us. This rumour and the Paredes one are from Gianluca Di Marzio.