Summer Mercato 2016
Are we still getting new players? Really ?? Smile
(08-30-2016, 12:22 PM)edysim Wrote: Are we still getting new players? Really ?? Smile

Definitely. We're in Galliani's days of condor scavenger.
per l'amaro e il dolce
IMO everything is down to whether Berlusconi wants to open his wallet one last time.
(08-30-2016, 01:15 PM)somedevil Wrote: IMO everything is down to whether Berlusconi wants to open his wallet one last time.

He already did that last summer. Did not work out.
Mati Fernandez has been made a free agent by Fiorentina, and Jack Wilshere is available on a season long loan. Both these deals have Galliani written all over them.
I repeat myself Tongue If Montella is benching Montolivo (I will believe it when I see it) and not bothering with Bertolacci when he is back from injury then by all means otherwise forget it
Montolivo
Kucka
Poli
Bertolacci
Sosa  (not a cm in a 3 man midfield ) out of position
Honda (not a cm in a 3 man midfield ) out of position
Bonaventura ( not a cm in a man midfield ) out of position.
Pasalic VanGinkel2.0

Thats our midfield this season.Its horrendous for a club that has spent a billion in 5 years and ran up over €300m in debt in that time.
Mati Fernandez and especially Wilshere are probably the best we can hope for at this point. Funny thing is, I think both guys would contribute a lot to this team if signed. Mati knows the Montella system well and is the type of player Montella loves to have; Wilshere has skills and is young. Here is hoping we can get Wilshere on loan with a buy out option, as I just read a rumor we already tabled a bid for him.
Wilshere a-5-games- perseason player? If not wrong hes so injury prone, no?
Yea, he is injury prone. He was basically out all of last season. He is actually one English player that I think he has a lot of quality. Great technical ability, but injuries have gotten in his way. But hell....if that's our only option, I'll take it. Better that, than no midfielder. And than we pray that he won't be injured...

Also, Rafinha has apparently claimed that he is opened to leave Barca in search for more playing time. Galliani asked for him last season and was rejected. Rafinha has now also realized that he needs to follow his brother out in order to grow because it'll be tough for him at Barcelona especially with his injury stops. So another injury prone player, but great quality regardless.

Both of these players may be available on a loan actually. Willshere actually, IS available on a loan but he is by far the greater risk not just because of injuries but playing style too. English players don't normally do well outside of England....but he is different imo. He is by far more technical than your typical "run run, physical presence, speed, run, bully" type of English midfielder.