Summer Mercato 2016
To help silvio, I've made a list of notable bosman players this summer. Expect to sign at least 1 of them, please not the shittiest
- Lavezzi
- Banega
- Ibrahimovic
- Gregory van der Wiel
- Branislav Ivanovic
- Joel Matip
- Aleksandr Kokorin
- Tonny Vilhena
- Hatem Ben Arfa
- Miguel Veloso
- Raul Mereilles (older, past his high and yet a pretty big name... Galliani likes it that way).
I hate to start whining already, but why the hell could we miss out on Banega?? Galliani has such a hard on for free transfers... and then when there is a quality player available for free he doesnt get him?
And is witsel a free player this summer for sure? It would not make sense, as Zenit were still asking top money for him in the summer ( with him being on a one year contract only??)
(02-02-2016, 09:17 AM)Beppe Wrote: I hate to start whining already, but why the hell could we miss out on Banega?? Galliani has such a hard on for free transfers... and then when there is a quality player available for free he doesnt get him?
And is witsel a free player this summer for sure? It would not make sense, as Zenit were still asking top money for him in the summer ( with him being on a one year contract only??)

I is read witsel his date his contract runs until 2017... taking him off the list
Joel Matip is the one I'd look at, maybe Banega though it seems he's already agreed to go to Inter.

Anyway, it seems El Ghazi will be our main target. Apparently there were numerous attempts for him this winter, but Ajax said no everytime, so he's probably the first target for summer. 

Anyone with any thoughts regarding El Ghazi?
(02-02-2016, 10:15 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Joel Matip is the one I'd look at, maybe Banega though it seems he's already agreed to go to Inter.

Anyway, it seems El Ghazi will be our main target. Apparently there were numerous attempts for him this winter, but Ajax said no everytime, so he's probably the first target for summer. 

Anyone with any thoughts regarding El Ghazi?
I know the Dutch league well and El ghazi can be extremely selfish. He also tries to dribble the ball into the goal. I rated him highly before his first team debut but my enthusiasm has waned. I also doubt whether his attitude is right. He seems to prefer himself over the team. Is he talented? Yes. But he's not the next robben.
I'm also not a fan, and I've seen him play a lot. Its no wonder Ajax fans were happy we were linked with him in the winter mercato, even for 10-12m they thought it would be a good deal. And that is small money for a young winger these days. He is very average with a wrong attitude. We'd better go for his teammate Bazoer, he is the next big thing! But probably too expensive.
I can't say I've watched a huge amount of them. On El Ghazi, he seems talented, lots of people compared him to C.Ronaldo, while personally I find with his height and having quick feet, he reminds me a little more of Ibra (though more direct and quick). That isn't to say I think he's as talented as these guys, actually, I don't think in terms of raw ability he's anywhere near these guys. 
However, I will admit that he does impress me, and I think at 20 he's showing good things. I've heard he does have a bit of an attitude, which is both positive and negative. It's positive if he's confident of himself, we really need more players with that attitude in the squad. However, if that confidence becomes arrogance and is to the detriment of the game, then it's a problem. It sounds like right now, this might be the case with him. What I'm interested in is knowing if he's got what you might consider a "champion" mentality. I mentioned Ibra and Ronaldo before and while neither of them are known for their charm, they are both well known for the obsessive behaviour. Ronaldo is known for how much time and effort he puts in to improving his game, while Ibra's winning mentality, even in training, is very well known. If El Ghazi shows that same mentality or obsessive behaviour, there's no reason he can't succeed.

At 10-12m, it might be worth taking the gamble (Milan perhaps have no room for gambles). At 20, he's already showing good signs in Holland, as 9 goals in 22 appearances this year is not bad for a wide player, while 9 goals and 8 assists last season is impressive. I get the impression he's a guy that's got a lot of ability, while physically he's very impressive, but he's still not matured.
Disappointing winter mercato IMO. I know we got rid of a lot more deadwood, but I thought the reason for that was to bring someone in. It's unfortunate that we didnt, considering we were linked with Ante Coric on deadline day and sources were saying a deal will be done ontop of him being a Milan fan.. It was exciting, almost too good to be true. I didn't even think of the El Ghazi rumours at all once I found out we're linked with Coric. El Ghazi from what I've seen could become a good player, he's two footed, has some pace and good dribbling and for his age just being as fluently two footed is a big plus.. Coric though, this kids the next big thing if you ask me. Amazing creative ability, excellent messi like dribbling, shooting.. So complete for an 18 year old.

Referring to the stats Dev just gave on El Ghazi, for someone who's apparently a greedy selfish player, 8 assists is pretty impressive in one season for a player his age.
At least one thing we can say is the squad size is some of the smallest it has ever been. Including Adriano and Nocerino it is 26 now.
The stats are from whoscored to confirm the source. I've heard a lot about Coric, he looks a tremendous talent, but we're talking about two different players, for two different roles, so El Ghazi has never really left my mind (plus, apparently Galliani did try again for him on the last day).

If Coric were to come, I doubt there would be much space for him right now based on his position. I also get the impression he's still a little far away from him being quite ready to play consistently in Serie A. Now that is solely based on youtube videos, so I might be totally wrong.

El Ghazi on the other hand would probably give competition to Honda for a first team place, which is of more interest in the short term, especially knowing we have no alternative for Honda right now.

Edit: Soldo, who is being looked at with Coric, is apparently also a major talent.