Summer Mercato 2016
(02-28-2016, 12:16 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I think 15,but I'm not sure.
If not mistaken, its just an option to buy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
aka edysim
(02-28-2016, 01:50 PM)edysim Wrote: If not mistaken, its just an option to buy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought too. Option to buy for €13 mln. Nothing mandatory.
Actually, both his(ELS) and Galliani's comments last night made it seem like he might end up back in Milan... but that might only be my wishful thinking Big Grin
YEah pretty sure it's 12-13mill and its only an option...
I've said it time and time again...
Not good enough for Milan but good enough for Roma???

Add that to the fact that if we had him there we could be playing 4-3-3
SES-Bacca-Niang
Bonaventura-Montolivo/Kucka/Bertolacci
(02-28-2016, 11:10 PM)porcho Wrote: YEah pretty sure it's 12-13mill and its only an option...
I've said it time and time again...
Not good enough for Milan but good enough for Roma???

Add that to the fact that if we had him there we could be playing 4-3-3
       SES-Bacca-Niang
Bonaventura-Montolivo/Kucka/Bertolacci

Actually, ELS would be helpful but not in a 4-3-3 : he would probably allow Miha to rest Bonaventura ! We would have two players for the LM position (meaning ELS would play further from the goal) and there would be a bit less pressure on the shoulders of Bonaventura ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
good point... I like the 4-3-3. Not sure I like this 4-4-2.

And poor Bonaventura definitely needs a rest. He's got way too much pressure to do everything for us.

The plus side to the 4-4-2 is it seems Honda is finally playing decent...
What's wrong with the 4-4-2? I think it offers great balance and while I think many people today will consider it a "simple" or "outdated" system, I disagree with this sentiment quite a bit. I think it comes down to interpretation of the formation and how it's applied. I would like to see a little more dynamism in how we play with the aim to control games better, but I think that also comes down to the quality of the players.

Rumours are Honda, Alex and Zapata all due for renewal. Wouldn't surprise me and I have no issue with this.
(02-29-2016, 10:39 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: What's wrong with the 4-4-2? I think it offers great balance and while I think many people today will consider it a "simple" or "outdated" system, I disagree with this sentiment quite a bit. I think it comes down to interpretation of the formation and how it's applied. I would like to see a little more dynamism in how we play with the aim to control games better, but I think that also comes down to the quality of the players.

Rumours are Honda, Alex and Zapata all due for renewal. Wouldn't surprise me and I have no issue with this.

I just feel like we could do better with something else... With the speed of Niang and SES(if we kept him) with Bacca as the static forward we'd be more dangerous attacking... 
My problem with the 4-4-2 is we seem to hold off other teams quite well but we also seem to always be on the backfoot and end up lacklustre going forward. I feel like 4-4-2 would work better if we had more dynamic strikers. 
I agree 4-4-2 has it's uses, it's not just an old outdated system, I just don't feel like we have the players for it. 

Happy with Miha, doing very well with what we've got. Just hope we make the right steps next mercato...
I think us being on the backfoot is more down to the players we have and the system Miha's set up rather than the formation itself. For example, we have a good defence, but the central midfield is still lacking to really dominate games. The wide players have quality, but they have to put in a lot of defensive work to support the central pair and our attack isn't one that's great in linking up play or holding up the ball.

If we had a stronger central midfield, technically, mentally and defensively, we'd have better chances of dominating midfield battles during games and holding possession better. Add an attacker who will consistently deliver support to the midfield and link up the play during the build up of an attack, and we will naturally be in a position to hold possession better and play a more technical brand of football.

The other aspect of this is Miha's approach. We play quite a flat 4-4-2 and often play with a deep defending line, especially against better opponents. This approach means we can be dominated by numbers in midfield against teams who play with 3 midfielders. This is a comment I made when we faced Napoli, where Jorginho was allowed to dominate play as both Montolivo and Kucka were busy with Allan and Hamsik, and our attackers didn't close Jorginho too well.

In addition to this, we have a tendency to drop deeper than we need to. Napoli again comes to mind, as in the first half we played very deep until they scored, at which point we woke up and started to try and push for a result. I don't think this is initially Miha's idea, I think the team does it instinctively when under pressure. However, with Miha's focus being more about grit and having a solid defence, it's natural our game wouldn't be highly technical and possession orientated. I also think that there are times where Miha would like to see the team come out of its shell a little and look to try and take games to the opponent more often. He mentioned it in many post match comments, that the team should look for more goals etc.

I think Miha's done a great job in progressing the team as he's done. However, I want to see growth of this team too and to me that means not just improving the areas where we are weakest in terms of players, but also improving the pressing and consistency of the side to deliver high levels more frequently. I also think that as we improve the side, we'll be able to dominate games with a little more ease which would allow us to be more dynamic in our system of play, rather than sticking to the flat 4-4-2. Unlike Silvio, my view isn't that we should try and play as Barca or Guardiola's sides do, nor do I think we'll ever see that under Miha, but I would like to see a side that will look to take initiative and control games regardless of the opponent.
Miha said yesterday he really admires El Shaarawy and they only sent him to Roma to recover his form, not because he didn't like him. He then said that he's still a Milan player and owned by us so we'll see what happens. Hypothetically, I believe with an option to buy the player can still decline the move and return to us, or there's a way we pay a fee to terminate the loan and bring him back. That's going to be up to ELS though.. I'm not so sure he'll want to come back.

Seriously, we should've sold L.Adriano for whatever we could have and just kept ELS