Summer Mercato 2016
What about Romulo , he was great with Verona went to Jube and got lost.Definitely better than our mids and cheap.Ben Arfa is another guy that could do well here.Id hit up Barca and Real and Bayern to loan some of the younger guys they have or the fringe players.Jube have plenty we could try to loan as well.Im fully aware how ridiculous some will say that is , and say that "WE ARE AC MILAN"  but in reality Milan are a small club a non entity and irrelevant ...despite spending near €400m a season...just think of that figure. they need to get the best possible squad together to even think of challenging for a Europa League place.

Its actually scary how far behind the likes of Fiorentina & Sassuolo Milan are as a club , let alone Roma & Napoli...Now Inter are gping to be spending huge...and Juve , I mean Juve are getting Pjanic and have a reported offer of Isco Kovacic & cash for Pogba.This is the worst shape Milan have been in.The horrible part is Milan arent just a mediocre club a team that finishes mid table...MILAN ARE A MEDIOCRE MIDTABLE TEAM THAT SPENDS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS TO DO SO...€230m last year €90m on players ontop of it and €89m in debt TO FINISH 7th.
We are just a horribly ran club. Simple as that. We don't look like anything that even remotely resembles a modern day big business. We've failed to move with the times and the global change of how football clubs are ran. If this sale doesn't happen, it's going to get ugly. Really ugly real quick.

About Romulo, honestly, what's the point. He is no better than what we have so it's a sideways move. It won't get us where we (fans) want to be. This team needs a serious lift from quality players. After that, it needs a change in strategy in terms of how we operate as a business.
Nothing is going to get us where we need to be.Its better than watching Poli.I will not watch 1 game if its still the likes of Montolivo Antinelli Abate Poli Balotelli Zapata.I didnt watch since Miha got sacked , I still follow the news and am doing twitter stuffs, but the mis-management and delusions of this club have killed the game for me.I prob wont even watch the Euros tbh
I am probably in the vast minority here, but I actually think adopting a small team mentality will do this team a lot of good. Our biggest problem the last few years is that we think like a big club but doesn't act like a big club. We keep thinking "We are Milan! This team needs to be full of champions and big name players at all times." but we don't have the money or infrastructure to actually get those players. And that's why we keep swinging for the fences with aging or questionable players like Menez, Alex, Diego Lopez, Monto, Berto, Menez, Balo and countless others. We focused so much on maintaining the name recognition of the team that we forgot to actually build a team.

Small teams, at least successful ones, always focus on nabbing young talented players and internal promotions. For us, that means we can promote guys like Locatelli, Calabria, Mauri and other youth players and finally give them the opportunity to show their worth. Many of them may not make the grades, but at least we will know what we have if we sell them, and not repeat the Darmian/Aubamyang mistakes from the past. Signing players that are young and talented, or even loaning youngsters from major clubs will also provide us with players who are actually hungry for success and values their playing time. As opposed to the Balo, Menez or Monto type, where the game matters little to them and they spend most of their game time thinking about which bars to hit after the game.

This team needs a complete rebuild, no other way around it. And the rebuild needs to start with young players instead of old/aging/overrated stars. This team can have success, if we focus on a strategy and execute it. I wouldn't mind us spending next to no money this summer and loan guys like Jese, Januzaj, Hojberg, and Rabiot if it means we can get rid of the dead weights on this team right now.
(06-09-2016, 03:41 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Nothing is going to get us where we need to be.Its better than watching Poli.I will not watch 1 game if its still the likes of Montolivo Antinelli Abate Poli Balotelli Zapata.I didnt watch since Miha got sacked , I still follow the news and am doing twitter stuffs, but the mis-management and delusions of this club have killed the game for me.I prob wont even watch the Euros tbh

I actually feel the same way. It's really hard to feel enthusiastic about football these days.
(06-09-2016, 07:37 PM)slifersd Wrote: I am probably in the vast minority here, but I actually think adopting a small team mentality will do this team a lot of good. Our biggest problem the last few years is that we think like a big club but doesn't act like a big club. We keep thinking "We are Milan! This team needs to be full of champions and big name players at all times." but we don't have the money or infrastructure to actually get those players. And that's why we keep swinging for the fences with aging or questionable players like Menez, Alex, Diego Lopez, Monto, Berto, Menez, Balo and countless others. We focused so much on maintaining the name recognition of the team that we forgot to actually build a team.

Small teams, at least successful ones, always focus on nabbing young talented players and internal promotions. For us, that means we can promote guys like Locatelli, Calabria, Mauri and other youth players and finally give them the opportunity to show their worth. Many of them may not make the grades, but at least we will know what we have if we sell them, and not repeat the Darmian/Aubamyang mistakes from the past. Signing players that are young and talented, or even loaning youngsters from major clubs will also provide us with players who are actually hungry for success and values their playing time. As opposed to the Balo, Menez or Monto type, where the game matters little to them and they spend most of their game time thinking about which bars to hit after the game.

This team needs a complete rebuild, no other way around it. And the rebuild needs to start with young players instead of old/aging/overrated stars. This team can have success, if we focus on a strategy and execute it. I wouldn't mind us spending next to no money this summer and loan guys like Jese, Januzaj, Hojberg, and Rabiot if it means we can get rid of the dead weights on this team right now.

Agree here... We need to start again from the start which means starting as a small club, building for the future, making the right investments, making smarter signings. We've got good young players. Use them. Look how it paid off with Donna... Who's to sya it doesnt with Mauri or Calabria, not to mention we should bring back MAstour and eithr play him or loan him off to Serie B to get consistent game time. 

I wouldnt be loaning young players. I'd be spending the cash, but instead of spending 20mill on another Berto, spend 15 on Tielemans... those sort of transfers will move us forward.

Juve ended up in a similar position(except it was because theyre cheats :p ) they took that small club mentality, signed the right players on the cheap and now look at them... They'll potentially sell a player they got for free for over 100mill  now
(06-10-2016, 12:04 AM)porcho Wrote: Agree here... We need to start again from the start which means starting as a small club, building for the future, making the right investments, making smarter signings. We've got good young players. Use them. Look how it paid off with Donna... Who's to sya it doesnt with Mauri or Calabria, not to mention we should bring back MAstour and eithr play him or loan him off to Serie B to get consistent game time. 

I wouldnt be loaning young players. I'd be spending the cash, but instead of spending 20mill on another Berto, spend 15 on Tielemans... those sort of transfers will move us forward.

Juve ended up in a similar position(except it was because theyre cheats :p ) they took that small club mentality, signed the right players on the cheap and now look at them... They'll potentially sell a player they got for free for over 100mill  now

Here is my take on loaning young players. While I don't think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it can be an effective tool to help a team. As a team with limited budget, which most small teams are, sometimes it is hard to fill all your holes through signings and internal promotions. And in that case, loaning a young player for a year or two, maybe even get a signing option at the end of the loan minimizes the risk for the team and potentially helps you fill out your roster with more talent. The thing about developing young players is, you don't want to put them into an environment where they are always losing, because they can easily develop bad habits in that losing atmosphere. That's why getting some talented players to help the team win, even if only for a season or two through loan, is good for our own players too. 

Of course, I would like for us to own all our good young players, but with limited budget, that just might not be possible.
yeah, fair point. I suppose it's no different to what Sassuolo did with Zaza and Berardi... Or what other teams have done with our players in the past, Darmian and Aubemeyang are two good examples.
If they want us to follow the "Athletico Madrid" model, then they may as well have made us follow the Chelsea model. They loaned Courtois and Filipe Luis out to Athletico for 3-4 years to allow them to develop, then took them back after they'd won the league and all that. Had we done that with Darmian or Aubamayang, they'd still be on our books and we could have recalled them at any time we wanted. Given how well our academy players seem to do several years after we release them, I don't get why we haven't been doing so in the first place....

Question, is that what we've done with Mastour? I don't recall how long his loan term was.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Zapata and Vergharra extended til 2019. Our new signings ! Yeah