Summer Mercato 2016
Fair call nefremo... That's why we need to start with the coach.

As for the Lapadula thing being Italian... I think he's a good signing regardless... If the sale goes through, it's a few big name key players that should change not these sort of signings... for example... Instead of signing Saponara we sign say Oscar. Instead of signing Paredes, we sign say Witsel. That sort of thing... clearly not necessarily the best options but just using them as an example...

If a sale goes through, for this season anyway. I big player in each position would be all I would expect... Eg 1 good CB, 1 good midfielder, plus an Attacker. The other spots should continue to be filled by good prospects or players that have shown potential to become great.

Added: just saw the extra you added on about Luis Adriano. No reason why they couldnt do that with Luis Adriano and Menez/Alex. Players who would be great for China and as you say... technically end up spending $50 but in terms of actual money spent is only $25. Would improve both teams... Eg Luis Adriano sold for $25 and Menez for $15. Buy Witsel for $30 and Mammana for $10

Also, I sincerely hope the deal gets completed. Although I have my doubts. They have nothing to do with the recent movements. They could be done regardless of the deal going through or not. It's Silvio that I think is the problem. I doubt his sincerity in actually wanting to sell the club. Regardless of the rest of Fininvest, I don't doubt his ability to sabotage the deal.
(06-24-2016, 12:57 AM)nefremo Wrote: The whole thing about the sale not happening at this point is obviously because Lapadula is Italian. CorSport has said that the deal was done with the agreement of the Chinese. I'm sure that there is a plan in place at this point. Or at least I hope.

A few weeks ago there was a report that came out and said that Milan will have about 60mil to operate on the market while the negotiations are going down. That money was coming from Fininvest, so maybe they don't even need permission from the Chinese, but that's highly unlikely. No company will spend 60mil just weeks before they sell the majority shares. No need for it.

So the only thing that makes sense is like CorSport said, that this is done in collaboration with the Chinese investors. It's no coincidence that Galliani had a meeting with Gancikoff last week. Everything seems to have started happening after that meeting. Maybe Galliani was given permission to pursue certain targets. Who knows. But the whole saga about Berlu changing his mind at this point is rubbish. Clearly there is a deal in place. You don't negotiate for 2 months, get to this point, and know the whole time that you won't sign. Maybe Berlu would, but way too many Fininvest officials have been involved at this point. It's all just media games and guesses about this change of heart thing. The deal will happen.

Porcho, you bring up good points but it's simply impossible to make a plan of who to keep and who not to when we don't even know who the coach will be. For example if we are going with Giampaolo and a 4312 than what's the point of Suso. I like the player. But he won't have a part on that set up so we may as well cash in. Just an example.

Also, an interesting hypothesis....if the Evergrande group (who is involved in Guangzhou Evergrande) is part of this Chinese consortium, than they can easily let's say spend 25 mil on L.Adriano. In reality they won't be "spending" anything, just "transferring" funds from one account (Guangzhou) into another (Milan) and than using that 25mil to sign a player for Milan. So in other words they can sign 2 players for 25mil (50 all together on the books), but in reality they only spent 25mil. For 25 mil they get Adiano to China, and for that same 25 mil they get a new player for Milan. Does this make sense to anyone?

Why not just send Adriano for free, save the 25m transfer and spend it for Milan? that makes sense.. If it's the same money I'm not sure why it should be transferred back and fourth, there may also be penalties/taxes to pay on it.
WCmilan, FIFA Financial Fair play... If we sell for $25 and buy for $25 then we're sitting on $0 vs -$25 means we can spend extra money and stay under the Financial Fair play. Obviously means nothing for this season, but hopefully come into play next season.
under FFP we can't have more than the following dept

• €45m for assessment periods 2013/14 and 2014/15 - obviously doesn't matter at this point
• €30m for assessment periods 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18
Considering we're currently sitting on -90 then we've got some work to do...
That's why this could work out ok. sell off some players to the Guangzhou Evergrande to either re invest or help lower the 30mill...

costs for new stadium isnt included in this so if we get bought out and they build that new stadium Barbara proposed then all the profits from that end up in our pocket. Plus with a Chinese link and some pre-season friendly's over there we might increase popularity in a very diverse market... brings in more cash. Something we've been missing for a while. We used to have a lot of Asian interest that's died off over the years.
Lapadula may be scoring 20 over goals in serie B, but atm he is no better than Adriano. Signing a striker when we have other priorities is just so Galiani's way. Cleary sale is not happening.
UK players will not be EU soon.

Quote:Lapadula may be scoring 20 over goals in serie B, but atm he is no better than Adriano. Signing a striker when we have other priorities is just so Galiani's way. Cleary sale is not happening.

Not defending Galliani but pretty sure at least two of Balo, Bacca, Adriano and Menez are leaving.
(06-24-2016, 06:00 AM)reza Wrote: UK players will not be EU soon.

Not defending Galliani but pretty sure at least two of Balo, Bacca, Adriano and Menez are leaving.

13M we got from SES sale, I would spend it on a midfield since striker is not our biggest issue (though Balo, Menez possibly leaving). Thats just me..
Lapadula well he's the kind of player you take a punt on , if you already have a solid team a good unit.
But with Milan its all in , he must be a success or it'll be bad.Whatevs , lapadula Vasquez Paletta back as much as I expect
Looks like it's all but official now, Lapadula himself has commented on the transfer. I don't particularly mind, I'm not hugely excited, I'm mostly curious to see what this means in the near future. As for the player, I haven't seen much of him, but he seems a natural goalscorer with good movement and excellent finishing.

Rumours are Saponara could be set to come back, as apparently Galliani has spoken with Carli and asked that any decisions be put on hold for the moment as we try to get the future plans sorted.
Pellegatti said that he was the first player Brocchi requested. l think italMilan is happening. Lapadula is classic Galliani move. We should have invested that 13 m euros on a quality CM.l hope we can get a EL place with italMilan next season.