Summer Mercato 2016
I see its Mammana to LeeOn €10milionzzz agreement reached.

I also see Milan will sell its whole attack to fund the mercato.Pavoletti & Vasquez are the targets with Immobile being an alternative to Pavoletti.The budget will be €40 to €50m ...Mediaset and IIRC Laudisa on sky & GDS say this.
If that really happens, than there is absolutely no hope for us. Sell the entire attack to find Lapadula and Pavoletti? What the actual fuk! Are they just deliberately trying to destroy the club and the fanbase? Year after year. Strikers, strikers, striker. Every season, a new batch. Even a blind person can see that this isn't the problem. Every summer we start with the pursuit of a striker. Berlusconi wants "champagne" football, he wants possession and action. In sorry Mr. President, you won't achieve this with poachers and box strikers. You need midfielders and real footballers.

I don't want to rage too much, but if this happens than I simply have no answer for what is going on in this club.

I actually don't mind selling anyone from the attack. Menez, Niang, Bacca, Adriano...whoever. Fine with me. But not to fund Pavoletti and Immobile and Vazquez. We need midfielders. Good, technical, midfielders...and this is the type of players that should be FIRST on our list. Not fuking Pavoletti!!!

By the way, Mammana is an absolute steal for 10mil. Never mind that though....lets just buy another striker!
Its Pavoletti OR Immobile and Vasquez Pavoletti €20m Vasquez €25m Budget gone....Lapadula Matri back.
It seems like the wank thing to do believe the crap reports laugh off the positive ones , but this is Milan this is Galliani and this is Berlusconi
Yeah updated Lyon offer close to €10M for Mamana, player agreement reached. Thats a steal! Although there is possibility to flop too. This is why I was upset on getting Lapadula.
Milan News reported that Milan is seriously interested in Swiss center back, Leo Lacroix.

The only good thing about him is that is 6'4" and really strong, but I'm not sure if he's the right partner for Romagnoli. However, if he costs around €5M, he wouldn't be a bad backup to Romagnoli.

The first choice center back for me would still be Mamana, although it looks like he is going to West Brom. Benatia is way to injury prone and cannot be relied upon despite his defensive capabilities.

An ideal mercato would consist of a back up keeper to Donnarumma, Paredes, Vazquez, Mamana, Pjaca, and an established central midfielder (maybe someone like Fernandinho, Fernando, Andre Gomes).

I can easily see a top 5 finish with that squad, and a top 3 finish is actually realistic.

The best part about it is, we have a good chance of this happening!

Edit: I was curious to see who the best young center midfielders right now are, and I compiled this list: Ruben Neves, Johannes Geis, Lucas Silva, Emre Can, and Youri Tielemans. I hope we start being linked with people from this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't Lucas Silva the Brazilian midfielder who was signed by Real a couple of winters ago? That guy couldn't get game time at Marseille last year, and is moving back to Brazil. He is not going to do anything for us even if we sign him.
so does thiago silva when he 1st come to europe
100 m euros transfer budget+Niang,L.Adriano,Honda, Menez sale.

loan Benatia with option to buy.
Rodriguez 20 m euros
Andre Gomes 40 m euros
Pjaca 15 m euros
Tielemans 15 m euros
Mlik 20 m euros

Donna
De Sciglio Benatia Roma Rodriguez
Andre Gomes Tielemans Bonaventura
Pjaca
Milik Bacca

let alone 3rd place, we can fight for scudetto.
Milan are linked to Lukaku if the Chinese come in:

http://www.football-italia.net/86397/new...-go-lukaku

I like Lukaku and have for a while, but 50m (half of the reported budget that would come in with the Chinese) is insane, the guy's still got a lot to prove that he will succeed in Italy and that amount for any single player at this point, even with money, is downright idiotic.

Here's the list of names from Tuttosport (which are linked elsewhere too):

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/tutt...aku-214792

Names are (including Pavoletti):

Pavoletti: I've said I don't mind him, though now Lapadula's secured, I don't really see the point of Pavoletti too
Pjaca: As mentioned in my response to nefremo below, I think we'd be stupid not to go for him given the opportunity
Lukaku: As above, at 50m it's insane
Konko: WTF!? No, just no!
Lacroix: This has Gattuso's name all over it imo. Brocchi and Gattuso are great friends and Brocchi recently supplied a list of names that are Brazilian, Italian and French. I bet Gattuso's recommend Lacroix as someone useful to Milan. I wouldn't mind him as a player off the bench (remember Alex, Mexes and probably Ely will all leave).

The other link again is Baselli. Honestly don't know why Galliani is so hard pressed to get him, I don't see a player who will ever step up to be more than a reasonable backup.

(06-25-2016, 02:07 AM)nefremo Wrote: Dev, I think that side is fine, but there are too many unknowns there. Caio is one, Pjaca is another, Lapadula is another....and it's not like Montolivo's performances fill us with confidence as well. Not saying those players are not good and I know that no transfer is a "guarantee" to succeed, but 1 is a young Brazilian defender, one is coming from Croatia and 1 from Serie B. 

In theory, like you said, it should work fine. If those players perform to their full potential than maybe it can work. I think they are all talented, but just have reservations about how well they adapt and settle in to the level, style, demand and pressure of Serie A and Milan. 

I'm a big fan of Paredes however and I also wouldn't mind Vazquez. 
I know that you only put that out based on recent links. I personally am hoping for a few different moves. For example, if we are going to sign someone from Croatia, I really think that player should be Coric. New reports are actually saying that City wants to get him for about 10mil. That's peanuts for a young player of his potential and quality. Also, I hope we look at someone like Lucas Lima who I know you are a big fan of. Than there is the obvious possibility of Kovacic and even Badelj.

That's fair, I think most of my thoughts match. Out of the names mentioned in that previous post, the two I'd say are players I'd like at Milan are Paredes and Pjaca. Paredes has done enough last season to convince me of his talent, but not just that I think his style of play and approach fits really well with what I want to see in style of football at Milan. Actually, some of his qualities are similar to what I like about Locatelli, who is also quite good at playing shorter vertical passes on the ground.

As for Pjaca, I've been keeping an eye on him for about a year since we were linked with him as his agent (who I think was the agent of Savicevic and Simic in the past) seems to be pushing him strongly towards Milan. He's a player I think is ready to explode, his growth surprises me and I think WCMilan also likes him. His physique, ability on the ball and direct running at opponents really impresses me, he reminds me slightly of Kaka in this respect. Honestly, seeing as it's publicly said that Milan is the favoured destination, I think Galliani would be an idiot to miss this opportunity.

As for the others, I think it's mostly I wouldn't mind, especially if we're working on a budget, but there are inherent risks with names like Caio, Lapadula and even Vazquez imo. If we have a bigger budget, then I'd go for players who can offer greater guarantees.

For example, in the case of a CB partner for Romagnoli, my personal preference is probably Maksimovic. He's not the biggest name, but he's been in Italy for a few years now and has always delivered high level performances, creating one of the best CB pairings in the league with Glik. He's also now coming into his mid 20s, so ready to make a step up to be an important player for a top club and hit his peak years. He's a player I'd say is much more likely to succeed than Caio at this point in time.

As for Coric, I'm all for getting him, but I don't think it should impact getting Pjaca. I actually Pjaca's ahead in development in his career and more likely to give us an immediate impact. However, Coric is someone I'd love for the club to target for a long term plan, especially if the Chinese come in. Not just Coric, but I'd expect us to go like Juve and Bayern and start building towards the future by targeting the best young talents. Names like Coric, Tielemans and Renato Sanches (had Bayern not already taken him for insane money) should be part of a long term project imo. Not just young foreign stars, but homegrown and Italians too, I think we need a focused structure for scouting, purchases and development within the club. A basic summary would be:

1) Develop young players in Milan from youth to senior set up
2) Scout and recruit the best young talents in Italy, heavily focused on those in youth sectors
3) Scout and recruit top young talents from Europe and the world for long term planning, ideally while their value is still within reason
4) Big/Premium purchases should be the minority to add players who can immediately help and improve the weakest areas of the side. This would be the most expensive purchases we'd have to make

I think this structure needs to be in place regardless of who invests in the club, because it's the way we'd fall in line with FFP and the rules in Italy and Europe for homegrown players in the squad.

Anyway, basically I'm not against having the lineup that was in my last post, especially if we remain under Silvio's rule. However, it's not really the way I'd build the side.

(06-25-2016, 10:06 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: Am I the only one thinking that Bertolacci could still end up doing well at Milan? Big Grin
He had a bad season, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened to a talented player, and it was a difficult year for the club in general. I still believe!

No, I've generally said I think Bertolacci can improve significantly and become a success. However, I think at this point we cannot hold expectation that he will improve and so he should be considered as a player in the squad, not a starter. Bear in mind that when I say success, I don't mean I think he'll explode and suddenly become world class, but I mean he a player that's highly reliable and can offer quality, presumably off the bench if we go big with the Chinese.
Konko's agent has confirmed he is in talks with Milan. I just don't see why he is even being considered. We are stacked in that department.