Summer transfer window 2018
(05-25-2018, 06:49 PM)reza Wrote: That's what I said Big Grin but 350 million is a risk for Elliott more than anybody else, if a 1 billion dollar buyer exists then your statement about no risk Elliott would be correct.

All I'm saying is that they won't lose any money. They'll easily sell Milan for AT LEAST the amount of money they loaned to Lee. That's why I'm saying that looking at what Elliot can get in return because of Li defaulting is not much of a risk at all. 

Now I know I may be exaggerating that statement. Every time you give someone 300+ mil, there is a risk. But you get my basic point I think. And again, my # 1 point in that whole post is the fact that just because Li got the loan, doesn't mean that Elliot decided he has the money stashed somewhere to repay. As I said, their decision could have simply been based on the fact that the collateral being left in this deal is worth way more than the money being loaned.
It’s claimed Leonardo Bonucci could leave Milan if UEFA throw them out of next season's Europa League.
(05-25-2018, 07:59 PM)nefremo Wrote:  As I said, their decision could have simply been based on the fact that the collateral being left in this deal is worth way more than the money being loaned.

Yup, it's like pawn shop. They don't have to care about or check your financial situation as long as they have valuable item from you to sell if you fail to repay what they gave to you.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(05-25-2018, 08:08 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: It’s claimed Leonardo Bonucci could leave Milan if UEFA throw them out of next season's Europa League.

I know the media will create all kinds of BS since the UEFA news, but tbh even if the rumours are true, I don't consider anyone on this team irreplaceable. Only two players I would really be sad about are Romagnoli & Cutrone.
(05-25-2018, 10:07 PM)WCmilan Wrote: I know the media will create all kinds of BS since the UEFA news, but tbh even if the rumours are true,  I don't consider anyone on this team irreplaceable. Only two players I would really be sad about are Romagnoli & Cutrone.

Sky reporting and I agree with you
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some potentially good news surrounding the club’s ownership.

(I used to post more frequently on this forum a couple years back but I didn’t have the time to do so recently).

I was reading the transfer thread on the Red and Black forums when I came across a post that stood out to me. (I would copy and paste the post and source link but I’m using Tapatalk on my phone and if I’m not a registered poster, I can’t do much with the posts).

It was essentially a very recent Bloomberg article regarding Elliot and Mr. Li and why the current situation is what it is.

According to the summary, Li has been using his personal wealth over the past year and a half to finance Milan. As you may or may not know, when Li completed the takeover, the Chinese government placed stricter restrictions on the release of money abroad, particularly for sport investments (not sure why though). As a result, Li was forced to use his own money to complete the financial dealings of Milan. Li did this because he could not use any of the money generated by his companies in China.

If this is true, this would explain all the various actions of Li, Fassone, and Mirabelli over the past season and a half including:

- Taking loans with high interest rates for capital increases of relatively small amounts (€10M).
- Not being able to register Bonucci and Biglia right away for the Europa League preliminaries last season when the bank bonds didn’t immediately approve the purchase.
- Using Elliot and Paul Singer as a lender and guarantor to assist with the purchase of Milan when Li was unable to use his company’s money to purchase international sport companies.

If this is true, then Li would understandably be reluctant to release his financial background, as his personal wealth is comprised of the assets he has accumulated over the years, and so he wouldn’t want that to become public information. And if this is true, then Milan’s situation is not as dire as we think.

One more piece of good news: in the same article, the Elliot group wants to provide additional funds for the operation of Milan, and so this will give Li more time to find a suitable company to refinance the current loan.

However, if that was all speculation and not inaccurate (which I’m not sure is the case seeing that the source is Bloomberg), then Elliot will simply take Milan and find a buyer. Either way, it’s going to be ok.

Just wanted to share the potentially good news with everyone. Forza Milan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to CDS:

- Milan transfer budget for this summer will be 20m.

- Elliot are ready to intervene(pay) in case Yonghong Li fails to make Capital increase.

- There is an American group directly contact Elliot to buy the club in case of failure to pay up the loan.
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Reina to @CorSport: “I will love Napoli forever, and to whom I would’ve liked to gift the Scudetto. Now I will go to Milan and it will be another extraordinary experience for me with one of the biggest clubs in the world.”
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
(05-25-2018, 10:29 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Sky reporting and I agree with you

There's a high possibility they are true though, I mean obviously we need to filter out the obvious but this Uefa action will definitely penalize us.
(05-25-2018, 10:07 PM)WCmilan Wrote: I know the media will create all kinds of BS since the UEFA news, but tbh even if the rumours are true,  I don't consider anyone on this team irreplaceable. Only two players I would really be sad about are Romagnoli & Cutrone.

spot on. Romagnoli, Cutrone and maybe Hakan are departing points for the future. The rest, incl. Bonucci are important but not irreplaceable.