Summer transfer window 2017
(07-15-2017, 09:02 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Who do we prefer as our new striker?

http://www.milannews.it/sondaggi/sondaggio-799

Weird, I thought Auba would be more popular.
(07-15-2017, 09:48 PM)Stitch Wrote: Weird, I thought Auba would be more popular.

Not in Italy baybay
Absolute min. for Suso should be 30million, otherwise I think keep and do use him, very unfair to bench him even after a great mercato
(07-15-2017, 09:59 PM)reza Wrote: Absolute min. for Suso should be 30million, otherwise I think keep and do use him, very unfair to bench him even after a great mercato

I think we should keep him.  Seven goals and nine assists last season. He'll be valuable in a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3
(07-15-2017, 09:59 PM)reza Wrote: Absolute min. for Suso should be 30million, otherwise I think keep and do use him, very unfair to bench him even after a great mercato

Nope, I think we need to keep him because keeping our best players while adding even better players during the mercato means we'll have quality on the bench, no matter who plays.
But no way we can't bench him because of last season : if other players are better, the guy has to be on the bench ... We are the Diavolo ! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Never thought I'd say it but this mercato makes me look forward to Mondays!
(07-15-2017, 10:20 PM)Dublinista Wrote: Never thought I'd say it but this mercato makes me look forward to Mondays!

Devilol
Don't underestimate F&M, they also work on weekends ! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Suso's value should be within the 35-40mil range. He was our best and most influential player (alongside Bonaventura) last season. If someone is willing to match that, then maybe we can think about it.

There is a problem with selling Suso though. First off, he is one of only 2 players (Bonaventura being the other one) that are capable in a 1v1 situation. We are already lacking in that area, so selling him changes even more the complexion of the team. The other thing is that we need a strong SQUAD, and not just a strong 11. I think all of us worry too much about "what will we do with player A, if player B comes.....they won't want to be on the bench, etc". In a big club, there doesn't need to be a big difference among players that are starting and those that are on the bench. I think every big club needs to have (and all the other big clubs DO) about 15/16 players of very similar level of quality. So for me, there is no problem of keeping Suso. Competition is good and let the best players on the day play the game. Simple as that.

Having said all that, if we really don't think that we will be using him to the best of his potential, than it might not be a bad idea to bank 35-40mil from him and reinforce with players that we can use to the best of their abilities in their natural positions.
I don't think Suso is going anywhere. It's probably just speculation due to the fact that it looks like we'll play a two striker formation - it won't suit Suso best, but he can definitely be put into the line-up.

My only concern is, where? There are a few possibilities. With a 3 man defense we have two wide players, but most likely since we spent so much money on Rodriguez & Conti, it will be them two. If we wanted a more attacking formation then we can slot Suso in at RM instead of Conti. Another option is playing him as a trequartista, but even then we have Calhanoglu who we obviously made an important investment in. The next option would be as a second striker, playing almost a Dybala role behind Andre Silva or whoever our next striker signing is.

Just seems like he'll have to battle it out every position if he wants to start because we invested in virtually every area of the pitch.

In conclusion, I think the best way to go about business is keeping Suso, and like Nefremo said above, competition is good and I'm sure everyone will find their space, especially if we're making a habit of playing 3 competitions every year again.

Signings Renato Sanches is looking more and more likely. I just have a funny feeling it will happen & our midfield will then be completed. In a two striker formation I'm not very worried about signing a third striker. We can use one of our Primavera boys if one of Auba(or Belotti) & Andre silva is injured. If not, the formation leaves room to slot Bonaventura & Suso higher up the pitch and revert to a 4-3-3 leaving the need for only 1 striker.

Most of our players from last season and a lot of our new additions are used to playing in a 4-3-3 set up so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it on the cards when needed.

I know for the striker position it's highly likely one of Aubameyang & Belotti will be signed. However, I have a feeling we're going to have another surprise as one of our big signings. Somebody we never though we could get, just like Bonucci.
^ Good post!

For some reason I think we will sign 2 forwards, and I don't think Kalinic is an alternative to anyone. He is a target on his own. Imo, we will sign 1 of Aubameyang/Belotti + Kalinic. That will give us 3 capable strikers in Silva, Kalinic, Auba/Belotti + Cutrone.

After that it's 1 more CM + another CB since Paletta is definitely leaving, but it looks like Zapata may be out too.