08-15-2017, 11:03 PM
If we get 40m for Niang & Bacca Mirabelli is a legend
|
Summer transfer window 2017
|
|
08-15-2017, 11:03 PM
If we get 40m for Niang & Bacca Mirabelli is a legend
08-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Kalinic is viewed as a direct Bacca replacement, I don't think he is the big name striker that was hinted at.
I have a feeling we're going to go for Kasper Dolberg from Ajax (also not the big name that was hinted at either I know). There has been reports on and off suggesting me might make a move but from a technical and tactical viewpoint he fits the bill in terms of players we have targeted and would have to be considered a very similar signing to Andre Silva in that he will cost circa €35m, he has shown world class potential but he is young and very raw. A Dolberg/Silva partnership with Kalinic in rotation wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they click and play well but as others have said, it would be disappointing to have spent €250m and be lining out with two unproven strikers backed up by a bench of Kalinic (who may even start) Niang, Borini and Cutrone. Hopefully one last push is made for Aubameyang with a take it or leave it €60-70m offer and if Dortmund refuse then we can't do much more (Although I do feel if we wanted him then the way he handled the transfer is bizarre considering the player stating his public desire to join) Re Kalinic, he's a Montella signing without question, he suits Montella's ball playing system much better than Bacca and would be much more useful to us than Bacca. That's besides the point though as we're signing a €30m player that isn't going to improve our team and we don't have enough quality in the starting attack to go and sign an ageing €30m striker to sit on the bench. If we do sign Dolberg for €35m the question remains why we didn't just pool the two transfer fees and but a top striker. I have faith in F&M and deservedly so but despite the great business done earlier in the summer, I have a feeling this mercato will be remembered a lot for what happens over the next week. If we don't sign a starting striker who is better than what we have (not Kalinic) then there is simply no way in my opinion that we will be competing for the Scudetto or even 2nd place as we just don't have the firepower and we will be in a situation where we're battling it out for 4th with the possibility of getting 3rd if the team gels fast.
08-15-2017, 11:56 PM
(08-15-2017, 10:34 AM)donlocatelli Wrote: i agree with everything you said bar retaining mauri, simic and most of all MONTY! We paid nothing for those two... The way I see it, just like with the BErto loan, we can only gain out of it... Currently Simic is worth nothing, and Mauri almost nothing... WOrst case we lose nothing in 12 months, best case we gain some decent bench players or more then likely they grow in value so we can sell them for a better amount next year... As for pre season, I thought he showed a tenacity we've been missing in our midfielders since De Jong, Van Bommel, Gattuso... That being said he was clearly still raw. Not to say he'll end up like the aforementioned three but with that tenacity he might yet become a good destroyer type defensive midifielder... Let's not forget Van Bommel and De Jong took time to get to that level, both where ordinary when they first came on the scene.. As for Monto - It's unfair to blame all the bad on him... He's not a captain and never was. He was only ever a decent midfielder and we expected far too much out of him. I'm happy for him to stay the year(run out his contract). You're forgetting he's our most capped midfielder. Deserved or not, he's definitely got some experience and wisdom to pass on. He's days are numbered, everyone knows it, lets give the bloke a break. Leave him alone for the season... That being said, if Montella starts playing him over Loca then I take all that back... It's open season on Monto and Montella!
08-16-2017, 04:07 AM
As for the striker(s), I must say that I will fully trust our management. They have really done everything (I mean everything!) so brilliantly this summer, and I can't allow myself to question them. Whether or not they will bring in a big name, whoever they bring in, I will support them. If they brought in another Borini, I would support their decisions as well.
I really don't mind Cutrone staying and getting some serious minutes.
08-16-2017, 04:15 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 04:15 AM by am I Milan enough?.)
We should threaten Niang to accept Moscow's offer.
200m does look like a lot, but we literally had an entire team to revamp. When you put it that way, and in this market, it's actually nothing. We literally didn't have one player who was starting material other than Romagnoli & Donnarumma. Actually, if we play a 4 man back line Romagnoli might be slightly limited too because the way Musacchio has been playing I don't see Roma getting ahead of him. No doubt that Romagnoli will one day be world class though.
08-16-2017, 05:39 AM
200M for 10 players averages out to around 20M per player, now given the quality of most of those players brought in, along with the current trend in the market, I'd say that we paid well below market value for most of our upgrades this mercato if we had to average things out.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz
08-16-2017, 08:06 AM
I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually don't think a big name striker would make or break us. Serie A is a league that is usually won by the team with the best defense, and we have massively upgraded our defense to the point where it is arguable that we just might have the best defense in the league from a talent perspective. Our midfield is also much much improved and now actually features a few players who can pass the ball to their teammates from distance instead of kicking it to the fans in the stands.
Certainly, I would love a Belotti/Auba/DC/or whichever big name you can think of to don our jersey next year. I am also not a fan of the Kalinic signing. But when Juve dethroned us, their attack didn't feature any superstar striker either. Defensive solidarity and a dynamic midfield can help us win games just as much as a star striker would. In fact, if we end up settling with the strikers we currently have and spend the rest of our money on another major midfield or winger signing, I would be thrilled. Kalinic is a decent stop gap solution; Cutrone and Silva are both talented and can use some game time; and Niang was always more effective when played as a CF. I know we spent a lot of money this summer, but if you look at the market, 200M will barely get you a world class striker nowadays. Hell, Mbappe, a kid who has had one good season on his resume is being sold for over 200M, just to put things in perspective. I thought we had utilized the money we have pretty well so far. And I doubt this management is going to let us down after spending so much money already. (08-16-2017, 08:06 AM)slifersd Wrote: I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually don't think a big name striker would make or break us. Serie A is a league that is usually won by the team with the best defense, and we have massively upgraded our defense to the point where it is arguable that we just might have the best defense in the league from a talent perspective. Our midfield is also much much improved and now actually features a few players who can pass the ball to their teammates from distance instead of kicking it to the fans in the stands. We are linked (again ?) with Vidal ... It's what is reported in Chile. About Mbappé, it's even worse : he barely played before January ! The kid has talent, for sure, and it looks like he is smart enough not to do the same mistakes as many other wonderkids, but who knows, right now, if he won't turn into a new Martial (a player who was outstanding for 6 months in Monaco with no pressure, and has lost himself since in Manchester). The price is indeed crazy. And that's why Torino can easily say they want 100M for Belotti : he played at a high level in Serie A for one complete season, and with the NT too.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
08-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Quote:After the arrival of Kalinic, Milan's efforts will be spent on a star striker in the mercato: Either Aubameyang or Belotti. [@AntoVitiello] |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|