Milan's Financial Position
#61
I second that! summed it up perfectly slifersd
Reply
#62
Slifersd, excellent post regarding UEFA! Really well written. I'm in agreement, though we're (the owners and management) at fault for being in the state we are in the first place.

Came across this...

https://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa...era-296131

Basically tomorrow is Li's deadline to pay off 10m that he owes and if he doesn't, he could lose the club sooner rather than later. I won't lie, at this point I'm kind of hoping it happens. It sucks big time, but frankly speaking it's no worse than the dire situation of uncertainty that we're in now, given Li's uncertainties. I'm sure there are buyers ready to pick up the club.

I agree with those who also blame Berlusconi, I've been saying it for years that he's damaged the club significantly and I never bought into his comments about selling to people looking after the wellbeing of the club.

As for Li, the guy has been shambolic and while I've tried to remain optimistic it's becoming a running joke about how he's "funding" the club. I don't really have too many issues with F&M specifically, I hold Li responsible for this.
Reply
#63
News that there will be basically an emergency Board of Directors meeting tomorrow at Casa Milan. I think the way things are heading, Li is going to be gone very soon.

Edit: Just a quick question to those who criticised Maldini for rejecting the return to the club last summer. Have you changed your view following the shit show regarding our ownership this past year?
Reply
#64
Maldini is an intelligent and well connected guy, I think he saw through this lot.

Can the board really kick Li out as of tomorrow?
Reply
#65
(05-24-2018, 11:37 AM)Graeme_C Wrote: Maldini is an intelligent and well connected guy, I think he saw through this lot.

Can the board really kick Li out as of tomorrow?

I doubt it, though it depends on the stipulations around the money he owes. However, I'm pretty sure that Elliot are in a position where they can cease the club and force Li to default. Bear in mind for them the club is an asset that they won't want to let devalue as they will want to sell for a profit. The current situation with UEFA and the potential damage that could be caused in the upcoming market means they may pull the plug on Li and take control.

I would think in this scenario that Elliot already has buyers available to sell the club to, but I have zero trust in Elliot if I'm honest, so things could get uglier.

I think part of me is mostly hoping there's truth in the Stephen Ross rumours. While this means we'd probably focus significantly less on the Asian markets (which has huge potential), Ross would provide significantly more stability. Purely speculation on my part, but with him I think we'd see Stillitano come in who I think is an interesting character to bring on board.
Reply
#66
They can't kick him out. He is the majority shareholder. He's the "owner". He has no other position in the club. For example, if he was the CEO, the board can remove him. 

What they can do is put immense pressure on him to sell. However, we don't know what the purpose of the meeting is. It could very well be that Li himself wants to let the board know that he has a buyer, or just explain the situation.

The only party that can force Li out, or rather take control over the club and sell it (mind you Li will still be the owner and the club will sort of be in administration) is Elliot. But even that scenario will mean that when Li took the loan he agreed to such clauses.

As long as Li keeps the club running financially in whatever way, nobody can touch him until October. What happens if he doesn't pay the 10mil tomorrow? Likely nothing and extension will be granted. But the board sure as hell will put pressure on him. Granted, this is assuming that the club has resources to run itself through the daily tasks.

The true best case scenario is for Li to man up and give up the club (sell it) without any administration happening or Elliot taking the club. This is likely to take a long time and put some heavy damage to the image of the club. If Li is willing to take a loss on the club and sell for what he owes only, there will be a lot of buyers.

Edit: Dev beat me to it.
By the way, it's true that Elliot won't want the club to lose value which is why they sent a written guarantee to UEFA with their support. However apart from "blocking" the club from selling assets, not sure what else they could do at this point.
Reply
#67
(05-24-2018, 11:23 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Edit: Just a quick question to those who criticised Maldini for rejecting the return to the club last summer. Have you changed your view following the shit show regarding our ownership this past year?

No and why should I? As I have said public doubts didn't help and still won't help. A high profile person like him should help behind the scenes if he sees doubts, otherwise be diplomatic.
Reply
#68
American billionaire and owner of Miami Dolphins Stephen Ross is the most likely to buy Milan should Elliot take over and put the club for sale. He already contacted Elliot in March about the possibility. [Premium Sport]
Reply
#69
I know people are hoping for "oil money" if we get sold. I can't blame them and can't say I would not want that. But in all honesty, with Stephen Ross we will be safely run like a legit business. It might not be extravagant and throwing stupid amounts of money at players to sign them.....but we can sleep safely knowing that our accounts will be in order. It will kind of be like Roma to be honest. Obviously though, we are Milan and our popularity and fanbase will ensure that our revenue is much bigger than that of Roma's and our possibilities to grow are much larger. I can see us accelerating the new stadium process as well.

I hope this happens.
Reply
#70
Stillitano would be pulling the strings, which is great
Reply