Summer transfer window 2018
(06-21-2018, 12:39 AM)porcho Wrote: Meyer is free. And would be a great pickup.

I'll take 25m and Joao Mario thank you. spend 20 on Politano and we've sorted both the CM position and LW position sorted. Sell off Bonaventura and bring in Neres from Ajax.
Add Meyer for free... loan with option deals for Renato Sanches and Dani Ceballos and we've got some depth plus promising players in CM.

all without potentially being out of pocket. For those that have only seen the Inter Joao Mario... trust me, he's a lot better than that. Just needs the right team to make it work.

It sounds good but Joao Mario actually bashed Italy/Serie A multiple times now saying he cannot wait to leave and will never play in our championship again.
(06-21-2018, 12:50 AM)WCmilan Wrote: It sounds good but Joao Mario actually bashed Italy/Serie A multiple times now saying he cannot wait to leave and will never play in our championship again.

I know, But I wonder how mcuh of that is because he's pissed with Inter. Would be the best to get him over and have hium do well. Show Merda how it's done. haha
(06-21-2018, 01:05 AM)porcho Wrote: I know, But I wonder how mcuh of that is because he's pissed with Inter. Would be the best to get him over and have hium do well. Show Merda how it's done. haha

True, I've seen that happen before too. Let's see how things play out, but I'm open to selling Suso either way tbh.
(06-21-2018, 02:00 AM)WCmilan Wrote: True, I've seen that happen before too. Let's see how things play out, but I'm open to selling Suso either way tbh.

same here./ not been his biggest fan to be honest. So would be good to sell him off and spend the $$ where it's needed
I am probably the minority, but I wouldn't sell Suso for anything but superstar money. The guy is young, has proven success and has game changing ability. That left foot of his is an absolute weapon as he is one of the few guys on this team who can open a game up with one long range shot. If anything, players like that should be what we build our team around, not sell for loose change. I know he didn't have a great second half of the season, but he was really good for us even in the first half of last season, and certainly was one of our best players the year before that. With proper depth behind him and a few tweaks to our formation, I can easily see Suso becoming an important player for us next season. It's one thing if we are selling him and replacing him with a star, but if we are bringing in Callejon or guys of that caliber, I don't have a clue why we would want to do that.
(06-21-2018, 02:17 AM)slifersd Wrote: I am probably the minority, but I wouldn't sell Suso for anything but superstar money. The guy is young, has proven success and has game changing ability. That left foot of his is an absolute weapon as he is one of the few guys on this team who can open a game up with one long range shot. If anything, players like that should be what we build our team around, not sell for loose change. I know he didn't have a great second half of the season, but he was really good for us even in the first half of last season, and certainly was one of our best players the year before that. With proper depth behind him and a few tweaks to our formation, I can easily see Suso becoming an important player for us next season. It's one thing if we are selling him and replacing him with a star, but if we are bringing in Callejon or guys of that caliber, I don't have a clue why we would want to do that.

I agree with this but from a business standpoint it could make sense to sell him for 40m considering we bought him for cheap and in our current situation.  No one's gonna pay 70m for him.  Would we be better off keeping him?  Maybe.  Everything just depends on how bad we need money
(06-21-2018, 02:17 AM)slifersd Wrote: I am probably the minority, but I wouldn't sell Suso for anything but superstar money. The guy is young, has proven success and has game changing ability. That left foot of his is an absolute weapon as he is one of the few guys on this team who can open a game up with one long range shot. If anything, players like that should be what we build our team around, not sell for loose change. I know he didn't have a great second half of the season, but he was really good for us even in the first half of last season, and certainly was one of our best players the year before that. With proper depth behind him and a few tweaks to our formation, I can easily see Suso becoming an important player for us next season. It's one thing if we are selling him and replacing him with a star, but if we are bringing in Callejon or guys of that caliber, I don't have a clue why we would want to do that.

For me, He's way too predictable...
Suso tactics, fly down the right, cut in and;
a) cross to the back post
b) take a shot at goals

Although replacing him with Callejon is borderline insanity... wast of $$ for someone who's old and not good enough.
(06-21-2018, 02:44 AM)porcho Wrote: For me, He's way too predictable...
Suso tactics, fly down the right, cut in and;
a) cross to the back post
b) take a shot at goals

Although replacing him with Callejon is borderline insanity... wast of $$ for someone who's old and not good enough.

and it still doesn't fix our problem with having a backup RW
(06-21-2018, 03:07 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: and it still doesn't fix our problem with having a backup RW

We've got Super Borini for that. ahaha...
that's true. If we're sticking with wingers we need at least a LW, a RW(If Suso is sold) and a bench LW/RW of some quality making Borini option #4.
(06-21-2018, 03:14 AM)porcho Wrote: We've got Super Borini for that. ahaha...
that's true. If we're sticking with wingers we need at least a LW, a RW(If Suso is sold) and a bench LW/RW of some quality making Borini option #4.

Borini is backup LW